Fota and tankhunt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fota and tankhunt

Say you take a librarian in terminator armour, and give him a command squad.... You buy the veteran ability tankhunt, thus giving you one extra str against vehicles.... My question is this, is that bonus conferred to fury of the ancients; thus making it str 6? or does it remain at str. 5?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Good question. I'd say you'd get the bonus since the Tank Hunters rule says "+1 to armour penetration rolls whenever they hit a vehicle". It will have taken a hit from the librarian, so I see no particular reason to disallow it (FotA isn't really the best AT weapon even with Tank Hunters).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought so, but I wasn't sure.... anyway, about it being not a good anti tank weapon, think about it this way, it has infinite range, can hit more than one unit i.e. units and tanks, and roles d 3 so it's possible to get three str 6 shots in against one vehicle... alone, it's not that good, but it's perfect against skimmers rear armour.... since it can only glance anyway.

P.S. thanks for replying!
    Last edited by Red_Scion; June 30th, 2007 at 04:21.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

The only query I would have with rork's reply is that Tank Hunters on P.76 BGB specifies that the bonus is given to "any *weapon*". The FotA is used "instead of firing a *weapon*" which makes me doubt it could benefit from Tank Hunter bonus since it is after all a psychic power rather than a physical weapon, and "Tank Hunters" specifies *weapon*.

Just my take on it.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has there been any official or definitive answer to whether tank hunters works with FotA? I've searched everywhere on this site, but no one has agreed on anything.

In my eyes the part of the marine codex that states "used instead of firing a weapon" is there to stop the librarian shooting another weapon in the same phase, rather than discounting the psychic power as a weapon. It could also be there to stop a librarian using two psychic powers that stipulate the "instead of firing a weapon" in the same shooting phase (presuming that this were even possible, like it is for Eldar).

Also the section in the rulebook addressing the Tank Hunters USR seems to state the ability can be used with any attack the model makes. The part in brackets "(with any weapon)" implying that the bonus is in addition to any benefits the model's weapons may bestow. It also possibly clears up whether only shooting or close combat attacks benefit from the ability, but I don't think it restricts the application of Tank Hunters to merely being used through a weapon.

Can anyone else help out?

+ Reply to Thread