Whirlwind and guessing range? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whirlwind and guessing range?

I haven't played a Space Marine army since the latest set of rules came out so I need you to bear with me when I ask this. I've dicided to take a Whirlwind and rember that with the old rules they were guess range weapons(you guess the range you want the shot to go at the start of shooting and it scaters from there) but I can't find any rules for guess weapons. The codex says that it has a range of 12"-48"G but as far as I can tell the G means that it counts as a Barrage weapon(p.31 of the rule book). It even says that you pick any target within range and center the the blast on a model. Now im hopeing that they did away with guess range weapons, it is the future after all. They should have guidance systems, laser sights, and what not, but if im reading this wrong I could realy use a heads up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

12"-48" G stands for guess range; first being minimum range and the second the maximum. This does not imply that its a barrage weapon, this is usually explictly stated when it is in fact a barrage weapon.

Firing sequence:
    1. Chose a target (model)
    2. Messure if its in range (otherwise it automaticly fails)
    3. Throw the scatter dice
    4. Look where it lands and who is hit (inc. partial-rolls)
    5. Roll to wound
    6. Opponent rolls for armour saves (if possible)

There ya go.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Errrm...if you have a look at P.28 BGB under "Maximum Range", it mentions what to do if a range has a "G" next to it and states very clearly that these weapons are Barrage Weapons.

The second part of Prittstift's sequence should include the *placing* of the Blast marker before the measuring to it: this is the Guess Part of the weapon's range. You estimate if your target, upon which you have placed the marker, is within the parameters of the weapon's stated ranges. Some Barrage weapons have a Min-Max range, others are just Max Range.

Hope this helped a little.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bs?

Are you saying that Ordnance weapons do not have to check BS when they fire? If so, could someone please provide a citation?

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Follow the instructions on p29 for firing Ordnance, step by step. Nowhere does it tell you to roll to hit using Ballistic skill. You just use the scatter dice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Chaos, as per Eigle, your own gues and Affe,

Thread closed
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Closed Thread