Imperial Armour spelling and grammer woes (rant) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Armour spelling and grammer woes (rant)

hi all, just recently I purchased a copy of IA3 The Taros Campaign and reading through the fluff at the start i was horrified to notice spelling and grammer errors which just kept going throughout the whole campaign story. Of all the published books that I have read none have been this bad. What exactly am I paying for then, the pretty pictures, or the rules some of which are doubled up with the codicies.

Anyway, what i'm asking is, has anyone else noticed mistakes in any of the other Imperial Armour books?

Total 40k: >5000pts
    total WFB: ~2000pts
    I also enjoy good music, fine food, late night strolls on the beach and dancing in moonkin form :)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Well, to be honest, if you did just recently purchase IA3, It might not be such a hot deal. Don't get me wrong, there's some nice things in there, like Griffon Mortars and some of the extra-spiffy Tau Crisis Suits. But exactly how much of that stuff will you, personally, take advantage of?

I highly recommend that you scope out a friend's copy of any IA book before committing your hard-earned money towards it.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, to clear that up my brother and I shared the price and he is the one that wanted it for the Tau rules. It is the grammatical side that I worry about and at the price I don't think it is acceptable.
    I also enjoy good music, fine food, late night strolls on the beach and dancing in moonkin form :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

I have only skimmed it personally, but haven't found anything that is glaringly obvious. Would you care to extrapolate at all?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

IA3 is excellent, simply as a read, never mind the rules, which clearly are a must if, like me, you field elysians.

however the OP is right, all the IA books could do with a gramar nazi proof read, personnally it doesnt wory too much but some bits cause problems (IA appoc the marauder destruyers structure points going missing to re-appear on the remora page)
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

S-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

>.>

<.<

Actually, your title should be "Imperial Armour spelling and grammar woes".
    >.>

<.<

I'm sorry, I really couldn't resist. The irony of it was just too good.

But the Imperial Armour books aren't the only culprits of poor grammar and spellings and typos and such. All of the codexes/army books I own have some annoying error. It's usually really minor, but even minor mistakes are enough to really hurt the book. I about died when I was reading a Bernard Cornwell book and found me not one, not two, but three errors. It's so unprofessional.

And I personally haven't found anything in the other books. But I've mostly just skimmed them when I had one in my hands. If it really bothers you, you can always mark it up with a sharpie. That makes me feel better when I see a mistake. Never mind it's a $50-60 dollar book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S-N View Post
    >.>

<.<

Actually, your title should be "Imperial Armour spelling and grammar woes".
    >.>

<.<

I'm sorry, I really couldn't resist. The irony of it was just too good.
    Lol, thats a risk we all take when having a go at someone else's grammar, speaking of grammar if anybody has a copy of IA3 i'd like to "direct the court" as it were to the following pages, paragraghs and lines of chapter 1 and only chapter 1 out of seven in total. not including fluffy extras in grey sections, only the story itself.

pg. 11, para. 6, line 7 (missing comma)
    pg. 11, para. 6, line 13 (missing "s")
    pg. 11, para. 8, line 6 ("supplies" should be "supply")
    pg. 13, para. 6, line 13 (missing "?")
    pg. 13, para. 10, line 7 missing "the")
    pg. 14, para. 2, line 7 (missing comma)
    pg. 14, para. 2, line 8 (missing "s")
    pg. 14, para. 6, line 8 (missing comma)
    pg. 17, para. 2, line 18 (comma not required)

9 mistakes in the first chapter.

**pause for effect**

Now admittidly the English languague is not exactly fixed in its ways, sometimes it is a matter of interpretation. Commas for instance can be very difficult to judge; however, commas or no commas that many mistakes is really, really over the top.

P.S. You are right though Cheredanine, the mistakes aren't the end of the world (sorry if I made them out that way). I do believe that others should know about them though.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Ive always found that GW stuff tends to be badly proofread.

In the Citadel Catalogue 2008, for example, there is a glaring error on the contents page.
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

Pretty much EVERY edition of White Dwarf has some form of typo, wrongly titled column, etc. Also, I have IA 1 and that contains a fair few spelling mistakes as well. Personally I find it amusing and everytime we(me and Seasonreaper) get to look through a copy of WD, the first thing to do is find mistakes... lol

:happy:

P.S. davidH- you spelt admittedly and paragraphs wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

for that matter, look at your BGB, find the armies section, find teh double page picture of the forces of the inqusition (grey knights and So then read the text at the bottom right and tell me they are not heretics!
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast