Necron Apocalypse DataSheet - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron Apocalypse DataSheet

Hi this is just a little datasheet ive thrown together at my warhammer club. I dont play as necrons but after playering them a few times ive been thinking of evil tricks they could pull off with the help of a datasheet. This one takes the deep striking monolith troop trasporter a step futher. P.S. the points are based on what one of my friends thought im still testing it.

Necron Heavy Awaking Force Points:100 plus models

Requires
    1+ Monoliths
    2+ Warrior Units for each Monolith

Special Rule
    The Monolith my deploy as many warrior units though its portal as you like at the usual cost of not firing the Particle Whip. To do this the Monolith my rotate to get more warriors out.

What do you think if you like it ill start testing it to get a better points value

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x1)

Hey,

Quote Originally Posted by Servent of The Emperor View Post
    the points are based on what one of my friends thought
    Not bad. It needs some loose ends tightened -
    100pts for unlimited Warriors is a smidge generous.
    The "turn the big pyramid model" mechanic is clunky, too.

What about:

+++

Necron Monolith Quickening, 200pts + models

Armed with technology perfected before mankind ever rose from the primordial
    soup, the Necrons utilise weapons and strategies incomprehensible to other
    races. Though the warp is anathema to the metallic legions of the Necrontyr and
    their undying masters, there are many other dimensions they can use, of which
    the other races are wholly ignorant. Using their mastery of space-time
    manipulation, Necrons are able to create worlds within worlds, stable null
    fields and all manner of other exotic battlefield conditions.

This is most evident in the use of Monoloths in a formation the Ordo Xenos has
    dubbed the Quickening. In this particular configuration, at certain pivotal
    places in the four-dimensional universe, the presence of a Monolith Quickening
    emits a frequency waveform that distorts space-time and creates a powerful
    energy field known as the Quickening Aura. Within the confines of this shimmering
    field, Crons Deploy in alarming numbers.

Formation

2-5 Monoliths per Codex: Crons
    2+ Warrior Units per Lith

Special Rules

Unheralded Arrival: The Monolith Quickening Formation does not deploy normally,
    but arrives at the start of the first Cron Movement Phase. All its Liths DS onto
    the table, and cannot be placed more than 18in from each other aside from any
    initial Scatter.

The Quickening: If two or more Formation Monoliths Move to within 12in of each
    other, they project a Quickening Aura which radiates outward up to 6in from
    their hulls. While this field is active, up to four Formation Warrior Reserve
    Units per turn may deploy within each Monolith Quickening Aura - each placed
    before a different Monolith facing. In any turn that the Quickening is used,
    that Monolith's Particle Whip may not fire, as its energy has been diverted to
    establish a Quickening Aura field.

+++

Playa
    Last edited by Playa; June 15th, 2008 at 08:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats very nice but please dont add new names and storys to other peoples creations

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Your original idea and Playa's detailing both look interesting. I'll pass them along to my Necron playing friends.

I wouldn't worry too much about Playa getting into your idea, surely the good thing is that he was inspired enough to think and reply to it. It's still your thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for telling your friends that makes me happy that its good enough to spread im thinking about a daemon one now since there arnt any Its going to have to be single god based sheets so lets see what happens. Then after im thinking Iperal guard company sheets like the Tanith First And Only
    Last edited by Servent of The Emperor; June 17th, 2008 at 18:53.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

It's an interesting idea and Necrons could definitely do with some Apoc goodness, this would be a nice way for them to get a hard-hitting mass of troops up in a hurry.

Servent, please don't get mad with people for developing your ideas; that's the whole point of this forum. If you don't want feedback then you shouldn't post it in the first place. As far as I'm concerned Playa has nicely fleshed out your idea and made it workable, if anything you should be grateful someone has taken the time to read your post, think on it and post a reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont mind him re doing to datasheet its self its when he gives i a new name and story line

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

I don't really want to get into an argument over this, but that said I'm afraid I have to make my point.

At the end of the day this is a forum where people exchange ideas, but you cannot claim owenership over an idea - after all, you are taking Games Workshop's product and making up a new name and story line for one of their races, are you not?

You don't see Andy Chambers or whomever posting telling you to stop making up rules for 'his' Necrons - of course if he did the difference would be that his claim would be backed up by copyright law.

Your reply to Playa seemed a bit sarky and immature to me. To be honest I hope I am misinterpreting it, and if so I apologise. I'm not trying to have a go at you, just make myself clear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good point on not getting in to an argument over that so i wont post my counter argument

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offence but if you dont like what he had to say why did you ask for oppinions? He gave his oppinion and told you what he would do and what he thought was right. There is no pont getting mad or upset because he changed the idea. Its your call what you do and you dont have to change the name, he simply told you what he would do. If you dont like hearing that, in my oppinion dont ask for help as you seem to like how you do things. Not trying to come down on you but you came down hard on one person and made a very harsh remark to another. One trying to help you the other trying to stop something from getting out of control.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)