Planetstrike - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planetstrike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Planetstrike

God I laughed.... I thought they'd done it with apocolypse. But no, lets make them by more Warhammer! Is it me or Is Games Workshop moving away from the friendly, helpfull stores we used to love and into the massve corporate industry kind of attitude. Sigh, is this what Greed does to humantiy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I fail to see how this have anything to do with planetstrike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreachon View Post
    I fail to see how this have anything to do with planetstrike.

eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x3)

He is just stating how your rant has nothing to do with planetsrtike other then ripping it apart at the corporate judgment to make new things.
    World Eater and Blood Angels striped 8/28/10

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

It does sound a little like "I can't afford it so I don't want anyone else to have new toys".

Either that or "Companies aren't allowed to make money. They should all be non-profit organisations".
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    It does sound a little like "I can't afford it so I don't want anyone else to have new toys".

Either that or "Companies aren't allowed to make money. They should all be non-profit organisations".

Not at all, you can have your fun with it. And don't talk to me about non profit organisation I am an A level business stuies student, not a 12 year old kid. There's profit and there's profit. If people didn't buy their products (including me) then they wouldn't survive as a business. I want them to survive, I like what they sell, I was just wondering if anyone thinks that "Apocolypse" and "Planet strike" are designed to make people buy more. And as a side note, aren't they the same cocept? How is "Planetstrike" going to be any different?
    Last edited by john117; May 6th, 2009 at 18:19.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Well since they aren't a charity, Yes, Games Workshop is out to make profits. Lots of profits preferrably. Shocking, I know.

If we didn't buy the products I actually don't think GW would survive either (I assume that was a typo in your previous post), but since there seems to be no sign of us all closing our wallets they are probably okay for now.

If you don't want to buy it, don't. GW encourage you to make up your own scenarios in the rulebook anyway so just do that.

Like many other people however, I actually think Planetstrike sounds quite fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rules and the accompanying miniatures. Personally I am interested to see what they have come up with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

As a veteran gamer, and therefore someone who has a large amount of models on their hands and doesn't want to be playing the same game over and over, I welcome the new expansion. New rulesets and scenarios are an enjoyable challenge to me, as I have the means to play them GW is not forcing you to play planetstrike games, just giving a new option to those who want it and can AFFORD it. Yes, not everyone can afford it, but by the same principle do you complain about Nintendo or Sony when their latest games are released that you can't afford them?? If you want it that bad you'll make sure you can afford it, if not, then you don't HAVE to buy it!
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtificiallyEnhanced View Post
    As a veteran gamer, and therefore someone who has a large amount of models on their hands and doesn't want to be playing the same game over and over, I welcome the new expansion. New rulesets and scenarios are an enjoyable challenge to me, as I have the means to play them GW is not forcing you to play planetstrike games, just giving a new option to those who want it and can AFFORD it. Yes, not everyone can afford it, but by the same principle do you complain about Nintendo or Sony when their latest games are released that you can't afford them?? If you want it that bad you'll make sure you can afford it, if not, then you don't HAVE to buy it!
    I don't want it and I don't mind if people who want to play it do. I'm just asking if people think that it is done to make money, I think you read what I've posted you'd know that. I never said that I couldn't afford it or that others could/couldn't or that I was being forced you jusy assumed all those things like you know what I'm thinking... We're not al that same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Sorry, I went off on a tangent there. Yes it is a bit of a moneyspiner, but at the same time people want it, so thats why it will make money.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast