drop pod in planetstrike? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop pod in planetstrike?

Ok so if i put a non deepstrike unit (wolf guard treminators) in a drop pod,would they count as a deepstiking unit (and be able to assualt the same turn they landed)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

No, it's only models that have deep strike rules in their stats that can assault - so the drop pod could, (if a vehicle could assault!) but not the terminators.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um,don't mean to be rude but this is the wrong thread to post in.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Well I've given you the answer, so it shouldn't matter which thread is which

But if this is a duplicate, we should ask a mod to close it.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

I'm a little confused, this does not appear to be a duplicate of a thread in this or the rules query forums, and he answered your question, why is this the wrong thread to post in???

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

I couldn't see this in rules queries, to add a link to it (which is where it should be really)

However, that aside Let's go to the question, and I do believe they can assault - they have deployed by deep strike.

There is a precedent of units deploying by drop pods being treated as deep striking (The Daemonhunters FAQ, available on the GW website, 2nd page):

Q.
    Can you clarify how Mystics work?

A.
    Mystics allow you to take a free shot at each
    summoned pack of Daemons or unit that Deep
    Strikes within 4D6” of the Inquisitor.

Q.
    Do Inquisitorial Mystics allow “free shots” at
    units arriving by Drop Pod?

A.
    Yes. The shooting is resolved after the Drop
    Pod lands and the passengers have disembarked.
    Either the Drop Pod or the disembarked unit may

be the targeted, but not both.

I, and i'm not saying i'm infalliable, would translate this as units deploying from a drop pod are treated as deep striking.

Against me, i'd let the terminators assault on the turn they turn up.

Should we put this to the rules forums?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

337 (x6)

I kinda got the impression that was why they released the drop pod kit at around the same time as planet strike, but then that proves nothing. This could be another instance were GW intended one thing, but their wording unfortunately says another.

I suppose the question is, and I can't be bothered to go upstairs to get the book, do the planet strike rules say a unit with the deepstrike rule or a unit which enters by deep strike. A unit in a droppod does enter by deep strike, but does not have the deepstrike special rule.

PS. the sticked intro thread to this sub forum says

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin View Post
    This forum is designed for discussion about the various 40K Supplemental books, such as Apocalypse, Cities of Death, etc. Anything about them can be discussed here, including rules queries related strictly to these supplements.
    Last edited by matus; October 31st, 2009 at 18:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    No, it's only models that have deep strike rules in their stats that can assault - so the drop pod could, (if a vehicle could assault!) but not the terminators.
    soul grinder a deep striking walker

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

To clarify; as this question seems to be answered with contradictory answers.

All attacking units can arrive via deep strike. Only units with the Deep Strike rule, can assault the turn they arrive by deep strike. Purchasing a Drop Pod for a Dreadnought does not grant the Dreadnought the Deep Strike rule, therefore it would not be able to assault after landing via the drop pod.

The second bullet point on pg 13; Planetstrike rulebook. Even describes units entering via a deep striking vehicle do not count.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Xpyre35 View Post
    To clarify; as this question seems to be answered with contradictory answers.

All attacking units can arrive via deep strike. Only units with the Deep Strike rule, can assault the turn they arrive by deep strike. Purchasing a Drop Pod for a Dreadnought does not grant the Dreadnought the Deep Strike rule, therefore it would not be able to assault after landing via the drop pod.

The second bullet point on pg 13; Planetstrike rulebook. Even describes units entering via a deep striking vehicle do not count.
    Oop! and there we go, i'm not infalliable. My correctness has Xpyred.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast