New Datasheet ( feedback would be nice ) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Datasheet ( feedback would be nice )

Low Altitude Drop Walker ( LADW ) Points: 750

WS: 2
    BS: 4
    S: 10
    Front: 14
    Side: 13
    Rear: 12
    I: 1
    A: 1

Unit:
    1 LADW

Type:
    Super Heavy Walker

SP: 3
    VS: 2

Weapons:
    2 carapace weapons ( see warhound scout titan for the list, page 125 apocalypse book ).

Special rules:
    Deepstrike: The super heavy can be dropped by an low altitude flyer. Once released , a anti-gravity field strong enough to slow it down from crashing will be activated until touchdown. However, due to the fact of its mass, it almost always misses the drop zone. Therefore, when an arrow is rolled, the LADW will scatter the full distance. If an ‘hit’ is rolled, it scatters in the direction shown, but only one dice ( the highest ).
    When the LADW lands in terrain ( any ), then the terrain piece is destroyed, remove it from game.
    Also if any unit would be under the vehicle, simply move them aside, as they would run for their lives not to get squashed under it.

Reactor Meltdown: If the Low Altitude Drop Walker suffers an apocalyptic Explosion result on the catastrophic damage chart, its reactor goes nuclear! This is the same as an Apocalyptic Explosion, except that the range is 6D6”, and models within range suffer a destroyer hit.

The fluff:
    When the orks invaded the world Armageddon, they hit hard, fast and brutal. The orks deployed so quickly that the defenders had little time to prepare for the oncoming onslaught. They defenders faced dozens of orks and stompa’s, and were in desperate need of the titans stationed on the planet.
    However, the titans were too far away from the battlefield, and couldn’t get anywhere quick. This is where the Low Altitude Drop Walker, or LADW for short, was introduced. It isn’t as fast as a warhound titan, but is has the same fire power, and can be transported to where it's needed much faster, due to the fact it can be transported and, in some cases, dropped by a flyer. This proved to be vital in the battle for Armageddon.

Feedback is always appreciated. Thanks for having read it.

Last edited by shadowstrike; March 8th, 2010 at 21:11.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, the idea behind this is the following:

My friend has bought an Lego Star Wars AT-TE walker, and he is planning to use it in warhammer 40K apocalypse battles. Since he is no great fluffmaster ( his stories always suck ), I had a go on it, and tried my best.
    "Follow me if I advance,
    Kill me if I retreat.
    Avenge me if I die."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Well, from what I can see, this is just a Deep Striking Warhound titan, for the same cost. You may want to either increase the cost, or decrease the durability (Armour, Structure Ponts or Void Shields) to make up for the Deep Strike ability.

EDIT: I tell a lie, it also does not have the 'Agile' special rule.
    Last edited by Riptor; March 10th, 2010 at 13:39.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I agree. Either make it just a proxy warhound or change the rules for it to something significantly different to a warhound.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

If your going to make it a Deep striker I think you need to remove the nuclear meltdown rule as all this means is that rather than wanting it to live it will become a giant walking bomb in the middle of their army. I'll have two of those and come turn 3 the enemy army will be no more simply due to 21"+base radius explosions (on average 21", min:6", max 36" + base size).

Have a think about the armour as well as if this thing is getting air dropped in then it is probable that the weight needs to be lowered to allow for the drop, otherwise why wouldn't warhounds do it?
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Splata View Post
    If your going to make it a Deep striker I think you need to remove the nuclear meltdown rule as all this means is that rather than wanting it to live it will become a giant walking bomb in the middle of their army. I'll have two of those and come turn 3 the enemy army will be no more simply due to 21"+base radius explosions (on average 21", min:6", max 36" + base size).

Have a think about the armour as well as if this thing is getting air dropped in then it is probable that the weight needs to be lowered to allow for the drop, otherwise why wouldn't warhounds do it?
    Thanks for the reply. I will look at it this weekend and post the result back on LO. + rep for you.
    "Follow me if I advance,
    Kill me if I retreat.
    Avenge me if I die."

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

You do know that they can lift off and drop a titan off into a battle right? Otherwise they wouldn't be too effective on battlefields that take place on worlds other than the forge world they were made. It's quite simple too, you just make a gigantic crate and put retro burners on it. You just need rules for a gigantic drop pod.

As for using the toy, go nuts. You don't seem to worry too much about it being out of place, so just call it a warhound.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you REALLY just say they should use a gigant drop pod? XD im not sure if thats ridiculous or sheer genius...

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Read false gods. They get air-mailed in large shipping crates.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by the emperors great FedEx?
    And now i have a lovely image of city sized deathwind missile launchers...

+ Reply to Thread