Spearhead finally on gw.com for FREE!! New formations! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

Spearhead finally on gw.com for FREE!! New formations!

Finally GW has put the full Spearhead expansion, with the rules and formations up on their site!
    And there are some new, never before seen formations!

Warhammer 40,000: Spearhead Expansion | Games Workshop

At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

I get so darn excited when they post something new!
    Now that I've had time to read over the new Formations...

Linebreaker: allows 3 Tanks with ordnance or Blast weapons(with S7+) to combine fire for a single S10, AP2, 10"Blast, Ord shot!!!! It can even remove terrain features! This one I can see using with my Fire Prisms.

Rapid Assault: up to 6 non-vehicle Troops with fleet. I don't really see the advantage of this one other than it allows you to put more units in reserve (most missions only allow up to half your army to be in reserves). Enemy units must pass Ld on turn 1 do do anything...big whoop!

Strongpoint (requires Planetstrike Expansion): This one could be really useful, though you place the peices before either player deploys. For only 100pts you get 2 Bastions (which can have automated weapons...usually up to 4 BS2 hvy bolter or lascannon), Defense Lines (4+ cover...walls), and 5 Interceptor guns!!!!! They are either Quad Autocannons or single 96" Lascannon

The Skystorm and Destroyer were both in a recent White Dwarf. I recently faced a Manticore Destroyer Spearhead...not much fun for me!
    At the beginning of turn 1, I spray my opponent's army with the bacon flavored spray. Then I unleash my Boston Terrier Squiggoth who then devours their entire bacon flavored army! There is no defense against her cuteness! All are doomed!

4. LikegoldenS liked this post.
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    I get so darn excited when they post something new!
    Now that I've had time to read over the new Formations...

Linebreaker: allows 3 Tanks with ordnance or Blast weapons(with S7+) to combine fire for a single S10, AP2, 10"Blast, Ord shot!!!! It can even remove terrain features! This one I can see using with my Fire Prisms.

Rapid Assault: up to 6 non-vehicle Troops with fleet. I don't really see the advantage of this one other than it allows you to put more units in reserve (most missions only allow up to half your army to be in reserves). Enemy units must pass Ld on turn 1 do do anything...big whoop!

Strongpoint (requires Planetstrike Expansion): This one could be really useful, though you place the peices before either player deploys. For only 100pts you get 2 Bastions (which can have automated weapons...usually up to 4 BS2 hvy bolter or lascannon), Defense Lines (4+ cover...walls), and 5 Interceptor guns!!!!! They are either Quad Autocannons or single 96" Lascannon

The Skystorm and Destroyer were both in a recent White Dwarf. I recently faced a Manticore Destroyer Spearhead...not much fun for me!
    not for you, but for your opponent, that would have been an amazing massacare? that is if you lost EVERRY ****ing model"!

+ Reply to Thread