Librarium Online Forums banner

NOVA Player Survey Results On Forge World, Escalation & Stronghold Assault

14K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  attractalderman 
G
#1 · (Edited)
The organizers over at NOVA did a survey of attendees for the 2014 Tournaments. These surveys were only set out to people already confirmed to be participating so it wasn't just a general questioning of the 40k community, just serious players planning to attend. I know not everyone here cares about what the standards at GTs are but I know a lot of people who do care, even gaming clubs that use GT mission sets/house rules for their home games so I find it worth mentioning.

The TOs stated they would not automatically implement the results of the survey but it would impact their decision making process because while they are trying to look out for the health of the game they also want to give attendees what they want. Now before I give a summery I would also like to point out they said they would be introducing 200 new pieces of LoS blocking terrain to their tables this year to help cope with imbalances the usual lack of LoS blocking terrain causes.

43.8% of Respondents do not want to see any type of Ban Lists / Comp Restriction / Rules Changes of any kind. Meaning that anything anything someone "could use" (IE: A Lord of War, 40k Approved FW models) would be legal even if only one of the players involved wants it. Discussing it with opponents is non-existent and comes from a make believe world GW seem to be stuck in due to their unwillingness to accept people do play 40k competitively and adapt.

35.9% of Respondents think Ban Lists / Comp Restriction / Rules changes are worth discussing but there little to no consensus on where the lines should be drawn. That makes this option the most likely to cause drama in the community. If the TOs do go this route they will make everyone in the first group mad and easily half of the people in this group mad so it is unrealistic to think they will enact all but the mildest restrictions if any.

20.2% of Respondents don't care about this issue and will just make a list using whatever they end up deciding on.

See less See more
#2 ·
Now before I give a summery I would also like to point out they said they would be introducing 200 new pieces of LoS blocking terrain to their tables this year to help cope with imbalances the usual lack of LoS blocking terrain causes.
This is something any and all gameshops and gaming communities should take example from and implement right away. Proper amounts of good terrain is what makes or breaks the game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.