Imperial Agents - More? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x2)

Imperial Agents - More?

I'm kind of wondering if I am the only one, but did anyone else think GW would actually take the opportunity to IMPROVE on the bits they used for this? I like what they did with the Astropath, the Officer of the Fleet, and some, but feel like the bigger chunk, the Sisters, the Inquisitors, and the Assassins, was just a copy/paste of the three ebooks they said "we might make these as books" bit. This might've been their best chance to rebuild the Sisters, if they ever intend to (1k Sons DID give me hope), but it's the same stuff, I think, as their ebook, with the shoddy AoF, that one tank still missing (and now Celestine, too), and more of my whining, while the Inquisitors are still neat, but I was hoping they might get a few more options, again (I REALLY hoped they'd have optional invul saves, again, being an HQ unit). Also hoped for a similarly hyper-customizable unit, akin to an Inquisitor, or an Autarch, called a Rogue Trader.

Oh well, I suppose it was a bit too much to ask, having the Sisters overhaul get done; they didn't even have new models for them, minus one, and that one did seem to sell out fast, so maybe many people have come to terms with what the Sisters are, now. It's my big harping point, I admit, but it's finally a physical book, for them, so I hoped it meant they were getting more. I'm still glad I got it, and I think it could give various Imperial armies some very nice options; even the IG, that gave a good half of this codex's other options to it.

What do you think? Did it do it for you, or maybe not quite live up to your (in my case lofty ) expectations?

Last edited by venkelos; December 21st, 2016 at 16:49.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I bought the book and now I have my Sisters and their most common allies all in one book. They also seem to have included several FAQ rulings into the printed rules, which is good. I never bought the e-Dex so I may like the book more than most: I just hope it will be fully compatible with the upcoming 8th Edition.

New Sisters miniatures should be out fairly soon, judging by the images of the new Saint Celestine (who is not in C:IA) and the Gemini. So there will be new Sisters, just not with C:IA. Whether they'll get a separate book, or just additional units in the upcoming Campaign book, remains to be seen.
    "The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x2)

Ah you better check the rumour threads mate. There's PHOTOS of plastic sisters (Celestine & Inquisitor) from an upcoming White Dwarf.
    Though the fact they re-released the metal mini's just before announcing the new plastic ones is a plain old money grab if/when they do go and replace every one of the models.
    GLORY TO THE DICE GODS!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I expect those plastics by February, or March at the very latest. I'd like to get the new Gemini, and maybe Celestine. I have over 100 pewter Sisters so I really don't need much more, unless they come out with new units.
    "The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

We are sisters players. We are the forgotten. The ignored. The shat upon. I don;t think we'll see a new decent dex for a few years, agents was always going to be an ebook reprint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x2)

Well, reading these did get me to try and find some stuff, and so now I HAVE seen the new Celestine, and the redone Seraphim, or Gemini, if that's what those are, and they do look nice. I'm very glad they decided to just give St. Celestine wings, this time, as they do make her look cooler, in my opinion, though her head leaves a little something to be desired. Now, I'll just hope she gets a stat block that MORE resembles a Greater Daemon, and less a squishy Canoness.

I don't know, part of me didn't want this to be "the new Sisters book", but most of me DID, just because they've had numerous opportunities to go back, and make a really nice codex, with decent rules for them, and they just haven't, and Fall of Cadia might signal some new hope, but then I might've preferred if they just skipped the Sisters, in Agents, entirely, as it makes little sense to fill that much of a book up with Sisters, and mostly the rules we've already had, just to then go and release a new book, with sweeping, better rules for them, next month, rendering that chunk of Agents sort of pointless. Otherwise, we'll maybe get some new models, but nothing to change the overall rules set of Sisters, which I think could use an overhaul, but, again, maybe better people, and who actually play with a certain amount of regularity, like it better than I do.

I am glad to see the new models, and they do look nice, and different, so I am willing to quiet down, and wait to see what comes. Here's hoping for some new, good stuff! And thank you, everyone, for getting me to go look.

+ Reply to Thread