How to equip your Chaos Sorcerer tactica - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to equip your Chaos Sorcerer tactica

Chaos sorcerer are the main pyskers of a Chaos space marine army. They have a host of wargear and psychic powers So if you feel daunted by this don't despair as with this guide hopefully you will be able to make a sorcerer right for you.

Equipment

Well for starters we will look at marks.
    There are :
    Slaanesh, the cheapest of the marks the extra initiative only matters if you want to use that force weapon to kill other IC before they strike back, however the main reason you should get this is to get Lash of submission.

Khorne, sorry no extra attack although a blood for the blood god psychic power could be cool.

Nurgle, T5 is self explanatory combine with bike for t6 or terminator armour to be almost immune to small arms fire and gives Nurgles rot option. Second most expensive option good for Nurgle themed armies or if you intend to us in CC.

Tzeentch, The best and most expensive it gives three bonuses. You can take 2 psychic powers( and use 2 per turn but not 2 that counts as shooting), it increases your inv save to 4+ and gives the option for bolt of change. However this mark, 2 powers and bike could push you over 200 points.

If your not looking for a god specific power and want to keep him cheapish then no mark is a perfectly good idea too.

Another option for equipment is movement:

Wings/jumpack Makes him jump infantry and option for deep strike. Good for its price and want to use your powers pronto (all are short ranged)

Terminator armour The cheapest option and my personal favourite gives the awesome 2+ save and a twin linked bolter with the option for deep strike.Makes him as slow as infantry in return for better durability. With mark of nurgle it takes 36 guardsmen rapid firing at you to cause one wound.I also get a combi-weapon because its cheap and you can rely on BS5.

Bike Most expensive option makes him faster tougher 3+ cover when turbo boosting makes him very hard to kill indeed.

Daemonic steed Also most expensive. Personally i don't like them as you have to convert the model your self (palanquin of nurgle is one of the hardest conversions) however everything gives you an extra attack and makes you faster or tougher so is a viable option.

Another option is familiar it's only 5 points however it could pile up the points there's no right or wrong answer for this however make sure your 2 powers (or 3 if you have mark of tzeentch) are worth it and preferably make them different ranges eg.Doombolt and Nurgles rot not gift of chaos and nurgles rot as with doombolt and Nurgles rot you can shoot away with Doombolt until your in range of nurgles rot , unlike with gift of chaos and nurgle's rot as you will always be wasting one power.
    Psychic powers

Doombolt The cheapest power and decent for MEQ killing Good as either a second power or for a dirt cheap sorcerer.

Winds of chaos The template of doom should on average halve everything under the template.Can also glance tanks. Good for Close combat sorcerers.

Warptime Lets you reroll to hit and to wound great for CC sorcerer and if you have mark of tzteench can be used with a ranged power or with force weapon.

Gift of chaos The spawn maker, a hilarious power when it works. I'd say it has 2 uses, the first one is instant killing Independent characters, Monstrous creatures it should take 3 tries to turn a space marine captain and almost ever single turn for a monstrous creature .This is a good way of using it and will really frustrate your opponent . The other way is using it on low toughness creatures eg.termagaunts,ork boyz. and then charging so you have a spawn as an ally while you fight this is a mixed bag i wouldn't recommend it against a full 30 squad of ork boys because you will just slow them down. Perhaps against a squad of 12 boyz you will have a decent chance of prevailing.

Lash of submission (Slaanesh) Probably the best support power in the game. Want to keep those genestealers at a safe distance use lash of submission. Want to move a tau Crisis suit into charge range of your berzerkers use lash of submission.Those devastators killing your squads move them out of line of sight.Group them orkboyz together so they all get hit by your battle cannon.I could write a guide dedicated to lash if i wanted too but i won't just know it's very useful.However it means unless you get a familiar you won't have power to directly kill people with.Be warned you will get called cheesy and for that i wouldn't recommend it in friendly games but in more serious ones feel free.

Nurgle's rot(Nurgle) The horde killer basically everything in 6 inches gets hit by lasgun, you may think its very weak but 6 inch is a bit bigger than a large blast template. If your up against a horde you will probably be in charge range if use this power so be sure to bring some CC back up preferably in the form of Khorne berzerkers(It's cheesy but oh well.)

Bolt of Change(tzeentch) Anti-tank power effectively an AP1 krakmissle a bit expensive but is your only form of anti-tank except for combi-melta or melta bombs.

Example wargear sets

Wielder of the lash
    Sorcerer w/
    Wings
    Mark of Slannesh
    Lash of submission

This is a very cheap and effective sorcerer who is very effective and a cheap way to use lash.

Herald of nurgle
    Sorcerer
    Terminator armour
    Mark of nurgle
    Familiar
    Nurgles rot
    Doombolt

This is a medium priced sorcerer who is built for CC T5 in terminator armour makes him extra tough .Nurgles rot will be use in CC while in the meantime I can shoot away with doombolt.

Sorcerer
    bike
    Mark of tzeentch
    Bolt of Change
    gift of chaos

This is a very expensive sorcerer who is built to assassinate other leader units by either instant killing them with of change or turning them into a spawn.

I hope this guide has helped you make an effective sorcerer.

This was taken of my blog so be sure too take a look here

Last edited by Rabbit; September 23rd, 2009 at 00:55.
    If you Play CSM then check out ma blog here

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Killaleon View Post
    Khorne, sorry no extra attack although a blood for the blood god psychic power could be cool.
    Khorne hates Psykers and Psychic powers so I seriously doubt you will ever see a Khorne Sorcerer let alone a Psychic power.

Also we have a fantastic spot on the forums for Tactica's! its called 40K Tactica's!

Other than that it was informative and can really help out those new servants of the dark gods.
    Last edited by Wolf Guard; September 22nd, 2009 at 22:48.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

It's a good framework to build on. Here are some ideas to bring it to the next level:

1. How would you recommend deploying a Sorceror in Terminator armor? Which units would make the best retinue?

2. Why should one take a Sorceror instead of a Daemon Prince?

3. How is the CC Sorceror you describe superior to a Chaos Lord?

4. How can one make the most of Gift of Chaos, given its significant drawbacks?

5. What tactics can you recommend to protect a Sorceror from powerfists/instant death?

6. Can you recommend any unusual configurations or uses for a Sorceror?

Do a little more work on punctuation and layout while you're at it, and I strongly recommend removing all wargear costs from the tactica. Forum rules, I'm afraid.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Intrepid brings up some goods points that your tactic should consider. Overall, nice job, and welcome to LO.

Second, it's against forum rules to post individual point costs of upgrades and/or models, unless the model constitutes a squad on its own. In addition, it's copyright infringement. No worries. I've gone ahead and removed all aforementioned point costs.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot for the comments i will just reply

To Wolfguard
    I wans't too sure wether to put it here as i saw some anti-guard tactica here so i thought since it was chaos sorcerer specific i could put it here, but i'll keep it in mind although should i just repost it there or what?

Intrepid
    Thanks for taking the time to think how i could improve my article i appreciate it and i will get to work improving it.

Rabbit
    Thanks for removing the points cost i'll keep that rule in mind when i found this out i actually had to take the points cost off my blog (imagine if GW had come knocking on my door lol)

And to all thanks for the comments i hope you all like my first post and any more suggestions are welcome.
    If you Play CSM then check out ma blog here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just give'em lash and put them in a rhino,enough said.
    Epic Wheen!1!1!!1

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Im sure you can get a MOD, such as Rabbit to move it to the tactica section for you. Oh and once again nice job with the tactica.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

*Kicks over to Tactica Forum.*
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

+ Reply to Thread