Librarium Online Forums banner

[VW14] R3 (L1): (16) Wamp Gataz & Twitch's Feral Grots VS (5) Herodor's Hyenas

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Lost Nemesis 
#1 ·
Votewar 2014 Round 3 Losers Minor (L1) Bracket

Voting ends Thursday, September 18, 9:00 PM GMT-5 (EST). Votes will only be counted if they are in bold.

Wamp Gataz & Twitch’s Feral Grots (Orks)

HQ
Goffsnikk: Warboss: Mega Armor, Lucky Stick

Wizzgit: Painboy

Troops
Bloo Clovah: Shootas (12), Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw, Big Shoota
Trukk: Rokkit Launcha, Ram

Grimmskimmah: Sluggaz (12), Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw

Spidah Claw: Sluggaz (11), Nob Bosspole, Power Klaw

Gitsmasha: Ard Boys (9), Nob Bosspole, Big Choppa

Elites
Annhilatah: Tankbustas (10), Nob Bosspole, Big Choppa

Gronk: Mega Nobs (3), 1 Combi-Skorcha, Nob Bosspole

Nandez: Mega Nobs (3), 1 Combi-Skorcha, Nob Bosspole

Fast Attack
Rokkit Buggies (3)

Rokkit Buggies (3)

Blitz Bommer

Heavy Support
Kannons (2)

Tractor Kannons (2)

--Allied Detachment: Orks

HQ
Twitch: Weirdboy: Level 2 Psyker

Troops
Grots (10)

Heavy Support
Lobbas (4)

General Strategy
(Goffsnikk rides in Gitsmasha's trukk)
(Wizzgit rides in Gitsmasha's trukk)
(Twitch rides in Spidah Claw's trukk)

Gun shots and engines deafened a few of the assembled mob. An observer would think a battle was underway, but the Wamp Gataz were just getting ready to hear from one of their Warbosses. Meksnikk, the most cunnin’ of the three Snikk brothers stood atop the battlewagon Grimmdakka, “listen up gitz Finkaboy heard there’s a big battle brewing near Librarium. We’re heading there to kick in some heads and show’m who’s da best.”

A spray of gore showered some boyz, as Goffsnikk pulverized some lootas trading instead of listening. “Eyes on Meksnikk or I’ll rip’m out of yer heads. I’m leading you into battle and Meksnikk’s got da tactics”.

A bazillion eyes were now intently focused. “Doesn’t matter if we see fisheads or umies we fight da same; crump da shooty stuff and shot da crumpy stuff. Rokkit buggies, cover the trukks early on and keep dem alive, then pop some armor. Trukkers move up with fast and get into combat. Stay behind Goffsnikk cause that lucky stick will keep you all in da fight. All da armored boyz will go after guys without power weapons, super cutty units are for Grimmskimmah and Spida Claw to team up on. Bloo Clovah hang back and see who needs help.”

Meksnikk looked over at the parking lot of trukks, “once you drop off da boyz start using those rokkits and bust up some tanks, or shoot down some jets. Be a pain and start running over infantry and crush them.” The drivers all nodded knowing their role in the battle. Meksnikk spoke into the talky talk, cause the bommer pilot refused to get out, afraid the buggy drivers would steal his ride. “Come in fast and drop those big bomms on tanks or tough infantry, then gun down any other planes.”

“Tankbustas, I want you to get some cred and blow open those transports so the boyz can get at the weedy guys inside. If we see some huge walker get up there and strap dem bombs on and duck.” All the tankbustas eyes glazed over as they each dreamt of catastrophically destroying a knight titan.

The weirdboy Twitch appeared in a green flash next to Meksnikk. “My my grots will shoot da mek guns and take the backfield. I’m I’m riding with Spidah Claw to bust some heads. Lets lets kick in some skulls!”

Goffsnikk screamed “Waaaaaagh let the battles begin!”

--
VS
--

Herodor's Hyenas (Astra Militarum)

HQ
Herodor (Warlord): Pask: Leman Russ Executioner: Plasma Cannon Sponsons, Hull Lascannon, Relic Plating
Warlord Trait: Old Grudges (Automatic)

Herodor’s Shield: Leman Russ Executioner: Plasma Cannon Sponsons, Hull Lascannon (Squadron with Pask)

Antioch: Level 2 Primaris Psyker (Divination), Force Weapon, Refractor Field

Afrine: Level 2 Primaris Psyker (Divination), Force Weapon, Refractor Field

Troops
Veterans (10): 2 Melta Guns
Chimera: Multilaser, Hull Heavy Flamer

Elites
None

Fast Attack
Vendetta: 3 Twin-Linked Lascannons

Vendetta: 3 Twin-Linked Lascannons

Heavy Support
Wyverns (2): 2 Twin-Linked Stormshard Mortars, Hull Heavy Bolters (each)

Manticore: Storm Rockets, Hull Heavy Bolter

Deathstrike "The End": Hull Heavy Bolter

General Strategy
Deployment will be huddled on my side of the map in a traditional turtle gunline fashion (obviously depends on mission type) to minimize effect of deep strikers and protect artillery which should be behind terrain and out of sight to begin with.

The main theme here is overwhelming accurate firepower.

Vendettas, manticore, and deathstrike are long-range anti armor, manticore and deathstrike also being great anti-horde.

Deathstrike is pretty much anti-everything with its S10AP1 plate. The new codex came with a big buff for the Deathstrike, letting it hit on 3+ on turn 2 instead of a 5+, making it very likely to go off. The cover-ignoring property would lead me to usually target units dug into heavy cover that couldn't be wiped out by wyverns or volume. But given the apocalyptic blast, may be worth just carving a crater out of whatever infantry or vehicles or monsters.

Wyvern squadron provides cover-ignoring super accurate anti-horde blasts, while also having the volume of fire to potentially snipe important characters and get through MEQ saves and the sort. Anti-horde and anti-character will be the squad's priority.

Executioner squadron (Herodor's HQ) lay down 10 accurate plasma cannon shots and 2 lascannon shots. Pask allows both tanks to have preferred enemy vs a codex of my choice re-rolling 1's to hit and wound, which, along with "gets hot" rolls only actually glancing half the time, means plasma fire becomes quite safe. Ideal targets would be heavy infantry, of course, but with 5 blasts each, and Pask able to switch to a large blast blinding plasma attack, each tank can serve as anti-horde as well. With the lascannons and Pask's rerolling armor pen, they can theoretically threaten vehicle armor if no better targets exist.

Primaris psykers "Antioch" and "Afrine" lay down prescience like nobody's business. I will hide them behind vehicles and terrain out of sight as they are solely buffing machines. Rerolling to hit on whatever's not already twin-linked leads to more accurate deathstrikes, manticores, plasma cannons, and meltas. If I can pick up forewarning too, 4+ invulns on tanks is nasty.

Veteran squads are down to 2 meltas a piece due to reduced fire points in a chimera, but are kept cheap to rush/heavy flamer objectives/hunker down units or run up/BS4 melt something big squads. 3 may seem like few, but in 7e all units can score. My saving grace!

See less See more
#2 ·
As much as I love the fluffy Orks, in this match they're facing strong, competitive list. I don't feel like this is even going to be very close. Herodor's Hyaenas.

#4 ·
Everything in the Guard list is a threat to the Orks AV10 tanks. The Orks have numbers but the Guard have the durability and just enough firep ower to demobilise the Orks quickly. The Manticore is also going to wreak merry hell on all those light tanks. The Death Strike is a bit wasted but could easily take out 2 or 3 trucks with luck.

Victory to Herodor's Hyenas

#5 ·
The only hope Orks have is to get into close combat where they would rule. However, trukks will be shot out from under them and with all the Wyverns and the Manticora I somehow can't see them footslogging across the field and actually reaching the AM. This goes to Herodor's Hyenas.

#6 ·
Wamp Gataz & Twitch's Feral Grots
The only hope Orks have is to get into close combat where they would rule.
They'll make it. I see this kind of bum rush all the time, when the Guard don't bring a deepstriker/outflanker/ally to menace the enemy's backfield. The Hyenas need to both go first and have a chokepoint to fill with stunned/immobile transports.

#10 ·
Final Tally: Wamp Gataz & Twitch's Feral Grots 1 - 5 Herodor's Hyenas

Wamp Gataz & Twitch's Feral Grots has been eliminated from the votewar.

No more votes will be counted this round. Thanks for participating and check the Votewar 2014 thread for an updated bracket, and keep your eyes out for the L2 battles coming up soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.