Chaos led Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chaos led Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos led Orks

Hey Im somewhat inexperienced with orcs and goblins but i from what i understand the strongest will always lead...kinda like beastmen..so wouldn't it make sense for an army to be led by a chaos champion.....seeming that they are the lords of cc in the warhammer world. jw feedback appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A chaos lord is still a Humie though. Orcs are led by the strongest but they also think anyother race is weaker than theirs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And besides that, recent events in the WH world (notably Grimgor trouncing Archaon, supposed 'everchosen' of Chaos) would kinda put a bad light on Chaos champions, at least as far as Orcs are concerned.

And Orcs are not in any way affiliated with Chaos. They don't worship the Chaos gods (they prefer their own, more stompy and choppy). An Orc warband may be led by an ORC Chaos Champion. Although further reading into the fluff of both WH and W40k suggests, at least in part, that the Orcs were created as a weapon AGAINST Chaos... You'll never see a Black Orc warband letting a Chaos champion breathe anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of interest have Orcs ever allied with any other races in any notable stories?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let us not forget those short but fierce Chaos Dwarfs. There was all kinds of green skin action in there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

year i thought the chaos dwafs created black orcs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doesnt mean the black orcs like the chaos dwarfs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Well, in Age of Reckoning I believe Chaos and Orcs are going to be loosely allied, but I'm not sure what level of canon that is considered.

Greenskins weren't so much allied with Chaos Dwarfs as enslaved. I don't think there was much mutual respect there. Furthermore, the majority of Chaos Dwarf slaves were Hobgoblins, not Orcs and Goblins. Not to say there weren't any though.

That said, it is concievable that a cunning follower of the ruinous powers could trick an Orc Warband into doing his bidding. Orcs may be talented combatants, but they are also easily led astray, and it would certainly not be beyond the capabilities of a powerful champion or sorcerer to engineer a situation in which the brutes would work for his best interests. As for personally leading them in combat though... I doubt the Greenskins would be a big fan of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right - in Age of Reckoning the O&G are allied with Chaos, because they are controlled by Malekith the Witch King, through some item or another (as far as I know).

But Orcs have a very low opinion of anything not green. Of course, the beauty of their zany fluff is that anything can happen to the greenies.

+ Reply to Thread