Undead and Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Undead and Chaos

Ok, with the new Vampire Counts version out, it has gotten me to think about their origins. We all know Negash created the undead. However he got the knowledge of dark magic from a dark elf sorceress. Dark elf magic is more attuned to chaos magic than the other lores save the lores of Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slannesh. Now, I think it's quite possible that There is a connection between necromancy and chaos. Perhpas the storm that shipwrecked the Dark elf was created by Tzeentch possibly for example. I refuse to think its all a coincidence and the chaos forces had nothing to do with this.

Thoughts comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Hmmm... an interesting idea, although I'm not all that sure.

There is talk (or was talk, not sure where this particular piece is found) of 'Dark Pacts' with 'unspeakable forces' leading to Queen Neferata becoming the first Vampire. As I understand it, Nagash didn't quite get to the immortality stage with his elixir of life, whereas with a bit of extra help Neferata did.

It is left unsaid what this 'unspeakable force' is. I mean, the whole drinking blood thing is mildly kind of reminiscent of Khorne, to be honest. I'm not sure there really was a Tzentchian plot to create vampires, as I don't really see what they would gain from it. They've just created another race seeking to conquer the same empire that Chaos forces are trying to destroy, essentially making themselves another enemy (or at least another hurdle) to contest with.

But then again, even the most well thought-out plans don't always work as they're supposed to... Maybe there is something in this.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely an intrigueing idea. I've always wondered about the link between Necromancy and Chaos magics myself...they never really seemed all that dissimilar to me. One thing does pop into my head immediately though...it definitely (to me) reeks of old Grandfather Nurgle's hand in the development of the art as well. Perhaps due to multiple Chaos Gods' intervention, the original plan of Tzeentch went somewhat awry?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos is chaos they don't have a plan they just want screw with mortals for the fun of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new chaos army is based around this similarity (using some of the new skellies for marauders and the like). After all, all magic is technically chaos energy, and both chaos magics and Necromancy are dark magic... it can't be too far of a jump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arhain, are you on the junk? Tzeentch is the Changer of Ways, the Great Deciever, half of his whole thing is conspiring and plotting to get things done. The Greater Daemons do it all the time, look at the Darkblade novels. POSSIBLE SPOILER Tz'arkan made plans, then created false prophesies and influenced the destruction of whole nations just to see them come to fruition. Tzeentch is a million times worse.

That aside, all magic, Necromancy included, is Chaos. And the Dark Gods have influenced Undead before. Case in point, Heinrich Kemmler the Lichemaster. He was a Necromancer who was almost destroyed by rivals, made a pact with the Chaos Gods, got his power back and an undead Chaos warrior as a servant (Krell).

Its not out of the realm of possibility that these events could be linked, but alas, GW remains silent.
    Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually tzeentch does not plot nwith objectives in mind. He plots because that is what he is. If all his plots were ever fulfilled he'd cease to exist.

+ Reply to Thread