Dealing with the fluff... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Dealing with the fluff...

Hi!

When I'm writing fluff for my HE army and start writing battle reports there will be a big issue:

If (okay, let's say when) one of my named characters is mortaly wounded and I'm using the same fluff for the next report...
    Wouldn't certain characters be...dead?

What's your solution?

5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Not necesarily, think of it this way. When the amount of wounds equals 0 this doesn't mean that the character is dead, just incapable of continuing the fight. This could be as simple as being knocked unconcious (and being mistaken for dead by the enemy), or having several bones broken etc.
    If your hero is KIA, write the fluff so that he is KO'd instead.
    Of course it is always fun to have characters develop, both physically and psychologically, over the course of time. For example your young hero could have come through the ranks, the old guard handong over to the new and all sorts of fun stuff.
    Last edited by Exarch Thomo; October 2nd, 2008 at 00:35.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

could also change up army lists to reflect wounded or recovering characters

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

My friends always had fun using the Warbands rules to represent our characters. Or the mordheim system (although i was never as familiar with it). Basically, you roll your casualties at the end of the game, and the character either returns to duty, or is slain. If the character returned, there was a good chance he'd come back with a lasting wound: leg wound, chest wound, lost an eye, lost a hand, mentally frazzled, etc.

We didn't use the rules against other players, but against eachother, we had our characters all kinds of banged up. Of course there were benefits, as they could gain new abilities and bonuses.
    If you're worried about fluff, just find that chart, or i can email it to you. CaptainSarathai, the model that bore my name, was just retired over the summer, having fought for three glorious years. He was just too battered to continue the fight, although he is somewhat like a grizzled general, and still appears in large battles because of his special abilities and the (relatively) low chance of injury for a character in the back row.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread