More powerful lore? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

More powerful lore?

Ok, Dark Elves claim their magic is magic in it's purest form. Whereas Chaos magic is the raw magic itself from the Chaos wastes. High elves have also said their magic is true magic. Who is telling the truth and has perhaps the most powerful form of magic. Who has the most powerful mages?

If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Dwarfs. They use magic everyday without actually using magic. That's practically zen.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Slann. And they'll zap anyone who says otherwise with a summoned lightning.

-AFG/

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

This thread is to decide between mainly between chaos, high and dark magic since they all boast to have the most powerful lore. Slaan are the most powerful Spellcasters, and dwarfs cant use the lores. Imubing items with magic doesn't count
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

From fluff i'd say the slann, then the chaos and the elves are just deluding themselves.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

I must admit Hashulaman that my response was not serious at all. As to waht is most powerful or pure, don't know. They are merely mirror images of eacch other. Magic of the Old Ones and Chaos are remiscent of Order vs Disorder - equally balanced and pure in their own essence. Same goes with High Magic vs Dark Magic - mirrored reflections of each other. So maybe they are all right in saying their particular magic is the most pure...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

I guess if they were unleashed, I'm guessing Chaos, because of its (theoretically) unexhaustable power, wheras other lores (Dark Elves and High Elves) would eventually be less strong. Your choice: The sharp scapel for High Elves, the blunter scapel for Dark Elves, and the hammer for Chaos.
    "What is Mercy? Does it taste Nice?" Hive Tyrant on Reth V

"Kill-kill! Death to the Enemies of the Horned Rat!" Warlord Bweekq at the Battle of Hrad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't all magic originate from the 'winds of chaos'? So by definition the chaos magic should be the most powerful because its coming straight from the source, correct me if i am wrong please. just throwing my opinion out there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

technically raw chaos magic is the strongest. It also tends to kill anyone using it, and even chaos sorcerors don't last long.

The strongest mages around are obviously the slaan. Though they do not actually boast the stronges spellcaster. Teclis, Morwathi, and Nagash are all massively powerful and I'd bet on them against any slaan magepreist.
    May the Emperor forgive you, for his servants cannot.

+ Reply to Thread