Vampire Elves? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vampire Elves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vampire Elves?

Can none-human races, such as Elves, Dwarfs, Ocs, Skaven and the like ever become Vampires? Is it possible? Is there any fluff precedent?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I believe so. I think this topic came up some time ago, so it's probably buried way down in this forum, but I believe the answer was yes.

Just found this one; Could a Hihg-Elf Archmage be a Vampire?

And, I believe that there is a Vampire Dwarf in the book Genevieve, though I haven't read it myself.

Not sure if there are any other fluff precedents, but I can't really see Orcs becoming Vampires. The other races, maybe, but it would probably be incredibly rare and perhaps not a voluntary turning.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Oooh- inspiration! *waits for the holidays to come round so he can write some more*

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This other guy and i are doing some sort of Dark elf/vampire army led by a vampire dreadlord and corpses of elves. Its a good idea and theres plenty on conversion possibilities!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

I'm almost done with a VC army based mostly around other races used as the undead. Vampire dwarf and elf. Orc wight King. Zombies and grave guard made from all sorts of races. Not really great at converting, so I'm mostly using Shadow Grey on the skin, passes off pretty well.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can vampire dwarfs cast magic? if so then what list do they use?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by waaagh!!!! View Post
    can vampire dwarfs cast magic? if so then what list do they use?
    Well, I don't think there's really any official fluff on the matter. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'what list'. Dr Van Van Mojo is using the vampire stat line and using a coverted dwarf for it.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are really no precedents for other races as vampires.

The Vmapire genevieve does oindeed have a vampire dwarf, but those books are not really fluffy at all. While they were written at a time where fluff wasn't that hardcore and they are good novels, they really can't be considered in fluff regards just based on all the things that have been gotten wrong and the over all theme of the novels.

I would say though that dwarves, being resistent to magic naturally, would probably be impossible to turn. Elves might be turnable, but its never been shown.
    May the Emperor forgive you, for his servants cannot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see why not (except for dwarfs with magic resistant) because it is a curse. Unless the other race is immune to curses.

Although have there been any vampires that have fed off of the other races. It could be that vampires only crave the blood of their own race so maybe the curse is unique to that blood.

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

According to fluff drawves CAN cast magic but they turn to stone over time, that's how it is with the Chaos drawves apparently. I'm guessing with a vampire dwarf it would be similar. Imbuing a magic resistant creature with magic ability.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

+ Reply to Thread