creating your own warhammer army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

creating your own warhammer army

I was reading an older WD magozine they had an artical about someebody creating a wich hunter army. That made me think I would like to make an army who slays, dragons, demans, ogers, giants, like saint George and the dragon. I was wondering how in the world would you make the charts for each person and how would you rate them by points. I might use the Bretonias for this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    inside your head
    77 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

Well, depending on the age of the article, it may have been easier back in the day. Army lists used to have a fairly "basic" statline and a uniform points value. Enough number crunching and you could eventually reverse engineer the points and figure out what the cost is for every point of Strength, or Initiative.

If it's a newer article, using the newer army lists (likely anything from the current edition or the previous) you're going to be looking at a more detailed math system, or a lot of playtesting.
    You should probably start by looking at a base line for a model with similar stats and abilities. I would proxy the model into your list "as is". From there, add abilities that you want and try to estimate how many points it's worth. I would take a good look at the Slayers in the Dwarf book, and compare them to other dwarves with similar stats, or other models with similar effects. That should give you a good estimate of how many points the special rules are worth. You'll be able to form a list that reflects what you want, and has the rules that you like. The values should be close, and you can start the play testing from there.

Remember that your list should be balanced. However, if you're winning frequently, be aware that people are going to tell you that the units are probably a hair over powered. The best way to combat this is to actually err on the side of caution and overprice all of your units. It means that you're nerfing your list, but the list is just for fun anyways, and if you're always winning, people will steal your fun by blaming it on a skewed list.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread