orcs under attack? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

orcs under attack?

basically I'm going to build my orcs a fort of some description. The only thing is I can't think of any battles where orcs have been under siege like that, all holed up behind "walls". So if anyone can think of a battle where they have been on the defensive I'd very much appreciate it The only battles like that I imagine begin with the orcy horde pouring out and fighting infront of their castle.

"Knights had no meaning in this game. This wasn't a game for knights."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bud,

Remember that it's not unheard of for Orcs and Goblins to use Sneaky Tactics which resembles their god 'Gork - Sneaky but Fighty' i think, also Orcs and Goblins fear of their own leaders can usually quail them into doing as they say, also there is Azhag who was kind of under the control of Nagash through the crown, but all the orcs listened to him when he used strange tactics unheard of by them.

Also in Gotrek and Felix - Orcslayer, the Orcs and Goblins are under the control of a unnamed creature of great power from before the old ones arrived.

I don't think it is hard to imagine an outpost in the empire or were ever to have been taken over by a warboss who wants somewere to lauynch attacks from so they want to keep it. Grimgor Ironhide holds up in a dwarf hold and im prity sure he wouldnt just let his boys run out for noone to defend the hold propoerly.

I think Orcs and Goblins are smart enough to realise that being stood being a brick wall and waiting for the enemy to climb it is much more 'self preservant' than running out into a volley from an empire handgunner regiment - especially Goblins.

Probably depends on what you want your generals fluff to be like tbh.

Let me us know how you go on with it any.

Kingly Regards

Vamporius

P.s Sorry if that post didnt make much sense i just had lots of ideas and was struggling to put them into words, specially because my manager is walking around so i have to keep minimizing it! lmao

Good Luck!
    ''CRY HAVOC...and let loose the Dogs of War!''

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

hehe vamp knows his lore.

How about orcs besieging orcs? Suppose an infamous orc warlord is rampaging through orc lands and then theres an orc tribe cowardly hiding in their own town/fort, very well aware of the enemy and who leads it.

should happen on a daily basis in this world :p
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

In 40k the Orcs tend to build ramshackle (but orcishly tough and ingenious) fortresses. Just because you're always attacking, doesn't mean that you don't make camp and make a home.

Orcs are migrant, but if they found a place with lots of good fightin, or found himself stalemated, his initial camp would halt and probably start building up. It would serve as a place to bring back da loot to, and to rally da boys.
    Take this kind of semi-permanent Orc settlement and throw a particularly brash Imperial, Dwarven, or Brettonian general at it. Now you have something of a siege. Of course, the Orcs would probably try to use overwhelming force and smash their way through, and they'd probably keep trying that tactic for a LONG time. However, if the powerful warboss were killed in battle, the Orcs would be thrown off balance and as they are surrounded with nowhere to run, they'd have to wait until the in-fighting stopped. During this intermission, the enemy would most likely overrun the fractured orcs, but Orcs will always defend themselves, even Gobbos will defend themselves if they can't run. Now you have a continued siege. If the Orcs last against this attack, you have their corpses spawning more Orcs (they're a fungus), which in turn means a bigger army inside the camp, as Orcs replace losses faster than any other race.

As for battles where someone took the fight to the Orcs?

-c1978
    The Bretonni people travel over the Grey Mountains. Hundreds of years of constant warfare follow as they settle in these fair lands, and attempt to drive out the Greenskins

Greenskin raids on Bretonnia increase, and many settlement are destroyed. Retaliatory attacks against the Orcs kill thousands.

King Louen Orcslayer declares an Errantry War to rid Bretonnia of Orcs. Countless Orcs are put to the sword, and their blood stains the earth.

Inspired to rid the world of Greenskins, King Charlen renews the Errantry War. A host of knights go forth to assist in cleansing the Border Princes of Orcs around Blood River.

A mighty host of Breton knights rides into Death Pass and do not return. The Errantry War is ended.

Hope this helps you.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

also in the book, Gotrek and Felix: Orcslayer, they have to assault an castle held by orcs.

Although in that case the orcs are being controlled by a daemon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the Tomb King Army Book one of the Kings attacks an orc fort on land he used to own

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's mostly that orcs arent too keen on waiting or defending. Fighting is pretty much what orcs are all about and no orc wants to stand on top of the wall, or worse, inside a fort and wait for the humies to come to them. They want to be out there crumpin stuff. So typically in fluff, if an army comes to attack the orcs, the orcs are going to open the doors and run out to meet them.

So they DO have forts and settlements but I think most of the time they don't defend it in the usual sense of the word. I imagine if somebody were to bring the fight to them and get the drop on them they probably would defend it in a more normal fasion.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

+ Reply to Thread