Tomb Kings Lands - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb Kings Lands

Greetings folks,

I have a question. How close to the Tomb Kings lands are the jungles of Lustria? I am thinking of some stuff but trying to get more info. If that doesn't pan out like I am hoping, I will think of something else. Either way, I will hopefully come up with a good theme.

The sands of time consume all in the end. Beware, for we, the Kings of Nehekhara, are those sands made flesh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Lustria is the lower part of the most western continent and Khemri is the large white/cream expanse opposite. The distance is quite big. I would say the same distance of South America to Africa.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I guess in that case, I have to go with a Plan B instead for my idea. I was thinking about making a Tomb Kings army based upon them worshiping Qu'aph, the God of Serpents and subtlety. So instead of them having ended up taking over a ruined temple city, they will be based in a major oasis. Lots of tropical trees, with an almost jungle like center to the city. Even the necropolis has a higher than normal humidity, with causes a desert moss to grow upon the skeletons of the lesser cared for warriors.
    The sands of time consume all in the end. Beware, for we, the Kings of Nehekhara, are those sands made flesh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Well, that green jungle bit below the white expanse of Araby and Khemri - i.e. the green tip in that continent - is, I believe called the Southlands - and is home to a 'lost' Lizardmen civilisation as well, so there is that option for you...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Wow Kuffy, nice map. Really, really, really nice map.

Anyways, Exarch has it right- a lot of the green to the south of Khemri is the Southlands. However, the Lizardmen who live there aren't really lost. I think they still maintain their webways and portals, but they don't have very many saurus.

What was your original plan for your fluff?
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Yeah, it's been a while since I've looked at the Lizard fluff - knew there was something different but couldn't remember what exactly, hence the 'lost'.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My original fluff plan was to have a ruined temple city near the edge of the jungle end up being conquered by a Tomb King. He would have looked at the area and the architecture and liked it, thus making it one of his main cities he used for burial. Was going to paint the skeletons with white base, wash with mud, then was with a brown of some sort. after that, I was going to use static grass and attach in patches on some of the skeletons as moss growing on the open bones due to the humidity. They had turned to worshipping Qu'aph as this main deity as thanks for leading them to the wonderful city. I might be able to use the Southlands connection.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that in the 7th edition Lizardmen book, that it does not even acknowledge Zlatlan ,the Lizardman major city that is in the southlands and their goings on, just makes reference that there were once something east of the Sunken City, but when it fell they lost the abillity to communicate with the Slann of those cities.

In previous edition, the Zlatlan Lizardmen are considered to be more enlightened, as their sequence of sacred plaques are complete and have never been taken by raiders. They seemed to have full access to their army lists, in that they had saurus, skinsk, kroxigors, terradons, steggs, etc. I would imagine there are things that they will not have in the Southlands (cold ones they probably don't have) but would have access to other things that others LM may not have.

+ Reply to Thread