Slaughter at the Shrine of Asuryan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Slaughter at the Shrine of Asuryan

Hello fellow members,

In my endless quest of trying to decide a background for my High Elves, I have come across a most interesting piece of background. In the HE book, it is stated that when Malekith tried claim the throne of Ulthuan, his followers slaughtered all the elvish Princes present at the "crowning".

All but three.

Do we have any information at all on who these elven Princes were?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Well I might know this by the end of today, it depends on if that bit is covered in the end of Malakith or the start of the next book
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I dont know about the two others, but I believe Imrik, or Caledor I, was one of them, as he was crowned, shortly after that event.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Imrik was hunting in Chrace at the time, he was never present at the Shrine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was not clear whom these princers were. In my 7th Edition book it did not say how many there were, save that also the high priest of Asuryan (how he survived the slaughter i don't know) and I think the Captain of the Phoenix Guard was also consulted. It mentioned that there were princes that were considered by the dismissed the notion of them succeeding Bel-Shannar.

I would imagine, in retrospect, they should have granted Malekeith back after Aernarion's death the throne IF he could walk thru the Shrine of Asuryan. If he truely was already impure he would have died then and so much could have been averted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

125 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by GMJoeSolarte View Post
    It was not clear whom these princers were. In my 7th Edition book it did not say how many there were, save that also the high priest of Asuryan (how he survived the slaughter i don't know) and I think the Captain of the Phoenix Guard was also consulted. It mentioned that there were princes that were considered by the dismissed the notion of them succeeding Bel-Shannar.

I would imagine, in retrospect, they should have granted Malekeith back after Aernarion's death the throne IF he could walk thru the Shrine of Asuryan. If he truely was already impure he would have died then and so much could have been averted.
    In the section with the time lines, there is a box of text which states that there were three princes that survived within the shrine. Not every Prince were present, for example Imrik who became the new Phoenix King.

Thanks for the answers,

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

To have given Malekith the throne would have meant two things:

Acknowledging almost direct incets (as his half sister was the Ever Queen) and also allowing someone from teh tainted courts of Nagarythe access to the throne.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

It doesn't say specifically at the end of Malakith - it stops just before that point

Imrik is the only one mentioned as not present, as he was hunting with his cousin. The other two must have been there at the massacre, just managed to avoid dying. Only another 4-5 months and we'll find out
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

125 (x4)

Nah,

Imrik wasn't at the shrine, but three of the Princes at the shrine survived, those are the ones I'm after, but it seems neither I nor any other can find any info on them. Thanks anyway!

What's happening 5 months from now?

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

The sequel to Malakith should be out (at least if my maths is right - the 2nd Sigmar book has been out a while, and the next Nagash book should be out next month-ish which makes 5 months til the next part of the Sundering)
    My Deathwatch Campaign

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast