Lizardmen and Tomb Kings getting involved in an Empire setting campaign - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lizardmen and Tomb Kings getting involved in an Empire setting campaign

Hi guys, I'm trying to create a campaign and I'm looking for a reasonable explanation why Lizardmen and Tomb Kings would have an army in an Empire province whether as allies or foes or mercenaries.

Hope you can help.

Be cool,
    Kipoyph
    "of all the things I've lost,
    it's my mind I miss the most"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Well if either had an artifact in possesion of an empire citizen then they'd have a reason to head there and take it. One of the lost plaques for example, the Slann would most likely do what they could to recover something from the Old ones. The Tomb Kings would probably have a great many treasures taken from them by the empire.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another viable option, along the same lines as the artifact idea is revenge. Perhaps the Empire General's forefather travelled to Nehekhara and looted some tombs, but died before the Tomb King could get his hands on him. Perhaps now he's discovered where the thief's descendants are and marching to pay him back for his ancestor's impudence. Perhaps the Lizardmen are intervening secretly against the Tomb Kings because they fear that the actions of the Undead and their artifacts being unleashed could disrupt the Old One's plans even further.

+ Reply to Thread