Do youhave a themed army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    234 (x3)

Do youhave a themed army?

I recently decided to take a break from my brets for a while and get out my old high elves. My army is centered around the caracter alith anar. My army is supposed to one from Nagarythe. Traveling the ends of the earth to hunt down their tratior cousins. My army has ALOT of shadow warriors and eagles. Having the center peice being themed aroud alith anar. So the question is do you have a themed army or one centred around a certain characters backround? I think it adds charatcer and i want to here some of your creative themes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

My army is based on the three surviving Princes of the Massacre at the Shrine right before the Sundering. Their bloodline honour their forefathers by serving Ulthuan when at war.

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a Skaven Army themed after the army of the Grey Seer Skijii, for no real reason.

My brother had a Dathyll clan Dwarf Army that was more or less based on it's clan leader, Wolfoz Dathyll or the RuneSmith Hogan the Mighty.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I have a Vampire Counts army that I've been building up around a particular theme.

I started it under the previous Army Book where we had defined bloodlines, and I only really liked the Lahmian sculpts so picked them. The fact that Lahmian armies also make heavy use of skeletons (as opposed to zombies or ghouls) was also something that attracted me to their Bloodline.

Then I came up with a specific story for the army; supposedly, my Lord Vampiress is from Kislev. She fled her home nation after a bit of an incident that resulted in her mortal lover giving his life to save her. He's now a wight serving in her army, ressurected by the eccentric widower (a self-taught witch) who instructed the Vampiress in the arts of magic.

I don't think I've explained that very well but hopefully I got the general idea across.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your HE army sounds cool.
    Im currently working on a WoC - Nurgle army.
    They are all assembled but not painted yet, so right now im working with some greenstuff to make the nurgle rot.
    But I wante my army to be different, so ive begun to modell mushrooms growing from different parts of some warriors.
    I wanted it to look like the army is a collection of Chaos renegades who abandoned there former God to wander the world but ended up getting caught in the swamp of nurgle where they have been rotting and collecting dirt for a couple of hundred years, and have now returned. Sounds cool?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Orc & Goblins are themed after my character Da One Armed Bandit who is on a quest to get back his hand from the Wood elves. Its an excuse to fight my opponent fluffwise. (Guess who he plays)

Also, Sir Proofreader, your very christmassy avatar is inspiring.
    Not dead, just sleeping

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Huanchi View Post
    Also, Sir Proofreader, your very christmassy avatar is inspiring.
    Don't you know? It's that time of year again.

I don't have a FB army, but I've been contemplating a theme for a Dark Elf force. A common one, but the raider theme really strikes gold with me. I'd want my force to be very "ship" centric, and feel like they've been out at sea for a very long time. Nothing too crazy, but themed lists tend to be the coolest in my opinion (especially if they can work well, too!).

My other idea was a Chrace list for the High Elves, centered around lion chariots and White Lions, with a few units of archers and a block of spearmen with the lion banner. Not sure why, but I like the Chracians!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an ogre army based around the Soviets, they have the uniforms and all of the Heros have the commisar hats
    Deamons of Chaos (21,0,1)
    Vampire Counts (54,6, 11)
    Warriors of Chaos (11,2,4)

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I want to see this soviet ogre army- it sounds pretty fun!

I theme all of my armies, just because it adds to the fun. You don't have to sacrifice playability to get a good theme, as there are always fluffy reasons why a unit might be included.

-High Elves: started a plain Cavalry force, now has become an Army of Caledor. Teclis stands in as a powerful mage (Caledore I = best mage in history)

-Warriors: another all cavalry force, working on a deeper theme

-Vampires: a massive fluff project, my vampires are themed around the failed Araby Errantry War. My vampire was a young knight from Carcasonne who lost his Birthsword in the desert and was driven mad with grief and rage. Since, he has been turned into a vampire through a twist of fate, and has rallied an army around himself. His bride (my frequent general) hails from a norse tribe, and my BSB has been his faithful and unwittingly-turned campanion, although now he is a tragic soul.

-Empire: the only army where I initially sacrificed playability. I themed the army after the Irish fighters who fought against Cromwell and later rulers. My army is made almost exclusively from the Free Company sets. My outriders and spearmen are all converted from the Free. Co. and 1/3 of the models are the field are actual Free Co. regiments or detachments. Now I've decided to start adding more handgunners, artillery, and a STank- the idea being that the Napoleonic French actually came to the aid of the Irish, just as they did for the Americans, and brought along 'modernized' technology, teaching the Irish how to use them, while commanding the newly trained regiments themselves.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

For my khorne/slaanesh daemons hell has frozen over..
    the horde looks like theyre walking through blizzards, limbs and standards covered in snow. Their flames are frozen so blue/white instead of the usual red/yellow
    thought it makes sense, since the chaos rift is deep into the frozen north

its mainly hellhounds and daemonettes (which look really hot in snow), and a really old bloodthirster.. ill have to work on the rest after im done with the goblins -.-
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast