Marksmen folly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksmen folly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marksmen folly

The fifteen arrows descended on the enemy with a slow arc. It proved to be a futile attempt only one arrow killed a goblin and just because he was tossed in the air by his commander. The other arrows bounced harmlessly of shields and armor. The one arrow that did hit an orc was nonchalantly picked out of his arm and used as a toothpick before biting it in half.

“What use are the world’s best archers if the arrows won’t kill?” Tinagel asked his sister. A second volley was fired and again all arrows were stopped. “Lets face it brother” Ocusta answered with a grim expression on her face. “These tactics won’t work against this horde.”

A loud “Waaaagh” was roared from the horde. A giant mob of green skins surged forward to the line of archers. Although the bows were a lot stronger in short range they seldom killed their target. Tinagel saw one orc peppered with arrows. Still the brute was charging if they were mere fly specks.

After five years of border patrol Ocusta was reunited with her brother to face the new threat to the forest. Countless battles were waged but the Asrai army couldn’t prevail against these Orcs. Too many lives and trees were lost. Even the mighty Treeman was no challenge to this tide. This could not go on any further. Something must be done.

The archers retreated back into the forest. A few foolish Orcs were pursuing them but not enough to destroy the green menace for good. Another battle lost, this time with a few casualties. The shame soared through Tinagel. Why wasn’t he capable of stopping them? A tear ran from his eye when he heard the chopping continue and the first tree began to fall.

“Dear brother” Ocusta began, the words softly spoken. “I know you’ve fought many battles and even managed to save as many as you can but it has to stop” Ocusta walked slowly to her brothers side. “We must use the foul beasts own strength against them. Let them be the one on the defense. Let this be the day that we shall save our forest.” Tinagel slowly shook is head. “Sister dear, I’ve tried everything that was in my grasp and I failed utterly.” Ocusta turned around and hold het brothers shoulders forcing him to look in he eyes. “Yes brother, you’ve tried everything you could do. Now let me show them what’s in my grasp!”

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, I wrote this as an pre-war sory. My previous tactics with arrows didn't work against the green horde. (yippee I shot 11 only 32 to go in that unit) I changed my tactics and kicked his green butt. After that he changed his to counte mine but it was still a good win!
    Greetz,
    Rolef

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Not a bad story - you've managed to get quite a lot in to a relatively short piece! (And it suits my seemingly non-existent attention span nicely )

Also good to hear the evolution of tactics is favouring you at this time. Good luck with those Orcs in the future!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread