Librarium Online Forums banner

Grom the paunch of misty mountain

5K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Digger 
#1 ·
Hello I was trying to find which White Dwarf had the story of Grom the Paunch, I believe it was somewhere around the 150's or 160's and wondered if anyone here knew which particular issue it was?

#4 ·
william King was called Bill King in those magazines, you may have some luck using bill king in your search, although those are the same people.

Here's what i can find, i don't have alot of white dwarfs from back then.

eltharion's backgroundstory is in 158...
but if you have the armybooks from that year, Grom's armybook has 2 pages of fluff which leads up unto his fleet leaving for the elf lands, then Eltharion's fluff in the stinky pointy-ear book... i mean, the high elf book, has 6 pages about Grom's final hours. that might be the story written by Bill King, as he is one of the writers of the armybook.

#7 ·
Yeah, truth be told, you're going to get more info out of the army-books. That was (if I recall) the 7th edition Orcs armybook, and the 6th edition High Elf book. I have both books. I'm not sure on the legality of posting the story here in full.

And holy crap - did anyone realize that the 7th edition O&G book was Matt Ward?! I didn't know that until about five minutes ago...

#8 ·
errrr someone's been drinkin'

The high elf one is from 1993, i think thats 4th or 5th, always mix them up. Even when i played them i didn't realise there were different editions and used the stuff together.

Anyway, those old armybooks have more text when it comes to fluff, like there is for Grom. i find it pretty awesome that those storylines lasted all these editions

Change any protected names and you can post it xD

#9 ·
I don't have the High Elf book that goes back that far, mine picks up at 6th unfortunately. On two separate occasions I had my books damaged by water - first when our basement flooded and I had to sift through with a pool-net to find all my minis before the water-damage guys showed up, and the second when my friends and I played a huge game in my friend's pavilion and left our stuff there overnight to catch a surprise rain-storm. My older Elf book was destroyed completely, and the 5th edition book has some pretty severe water damage (first 3 pages stuck together, everything all wrinkly and brittle from the water, etc)

#10 ·
On two separate occasions I had my books damaged by water - first when our basement flooded
wow... i had a fire once when i lived at my parents... christmas candles.. my fault...
i know i should be glad the house wasnt destroyed, but the molten Rhino tanks keep depressing me.

actually that makes me think of something. ppl say the models are overpriced and all (which they probably are),
but when comparing prices with other stuff such as beer, not only do they last alot longer, if you don't burn your models, or drown em, then you can actually sell them on ebay. maybe that makes them worth just that little bit extra...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.