The Hunn - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hunn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the hunn is a tribe of ogres that has taken up the old way of ogre life, living as nomads. they travel all over the old world, going as far south as the badlands and selling there services to those who can pay. the number of bulls in the tribe wary widely as they are allways on the move and are in allmost constant battle with enemies (incluuding other ogres :rolleyes: ) and the raging natur. the Hunn is a tribe that upholds the idea of "the strongest survive", and because of this they don't use knoblars. they worship the great maw, as a creature called "the all devouring spirit", commely known as "the spirit".
    the tribe is far too proud and independent, to be able to bow before goldtooth, and this ofcourse makes them his enemies. a lot of other tribes are allso picking on them when they can. mainly because they are allways bathered from recent journeys or maybe even battles. its the Hunn's way to battle, and therefore the initiation to becoming a Hunn is simply to survive a battle and be able to travel onwards the next day. simple as that. the current tyrant, or great Khan as he is know, is Lohmak Stonethrower (the tribehas been inspired by Ind culture where they have battled and learned much about war, travel, hornour, titels etc.)

I only used about 15 min of my launch break to write this so I only had a rough sketch of what I wantet. remarks are more than welcome.

never forget, never forgive

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this and since they travel a lot you could have in your army as a sort of fluffy thing is loads of maneaters and hunters or something. Well anyway I like this.

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

the Hunn i take it you are not from scotland because if you where that name is just going to cause problems.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont you meen germany as that is what the british used to call the germans.
    Yes people i know that my spelling and punctuation is awful but I am product of British teaching pollicies so what can I do about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x5)

Ha! He could just as well have called the tribe 'Krout' if that was meant.

But Hunn, the Great Khan as tyrant and being nomads must be based on sth else than Germans.

And I like the story. Maybe you can include a great raid into the Empire. Much honor and loot had been earned. The descendants of those who have fallen during the raid are still honored and the descendants of those who lived still wear the signs of glory.
    Someday the bulls will ride again to ravage the Empire and to tread in the footsteps of their ancestors.

Just an idea, thought I'd share it.

How is honor, bravery and loyalty rewarded in your tribe? Golden bracelets or sth?

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, what does hunn mean in scotland? it's need to know now! I was actually aming for the mongol hordes that allmost overran europe in the middelages.
    Yeah, maneaters! the whole tribe suffer from serious wanderlust. good point! ^_^ I was also thinking of converting some ramshackled wagons to present kind of a bagage train. Thanks for the idea Araith! a good idea! Honour, bravery and strenght are rewarded with Rhinoxes, food or equipment (mostly armour and weapon). loyalty is very fickle with my bulls, they are all very independent and stubborn and if the Khan is not stong he will quickly be replacet. if loyalty occurs it is, however, rewarded with greate gifts! (rhinoxes, magic stuff, own tent and wagon, promotion, it depends and wary widely)
    I was thinking about letting rhinoxes play a part in my tribe. It is a status symbol to have even one rhinoxes, more means better, stronger means much better. the greate Khan, ofcourse has the biggest herd and the strongest male rhinox. im currently converting a bull so that his gutplate is the big skull that comes with the standard regiment. so yes they take greate pride in there trophies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking that the names are reminescent of the kinds of bandits on the silk road. You could have some sort of history of their anscestors being in constant close proximity to these bandits and learning their ways. I think the fluff is really good though. I've always thought of the mongols when looking at ogre models. Nice manifestation of the best warrior race ever seen by man. :wacko:
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='color:orange'>Ancient Proverb: There is No Arguing With the Barrel of a Gun.</span></span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x5)

What are rhinoxes? Some mix of rhinos and oxen?

And a Hunn was a nickname for the Nazis, in the UK. Just like Kraut.

But it&#39;s clear you mean the Hunns, the Mongols, Xiognu, Border Nomads, Tartars or however they are named throughout history.

And I assume that giving someone a rhinox is the greatest sign of friendship, love (if Ogres know what it is), loyalty etc.

Tai&#39;shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eaxctly&#33; hehe, oh so it meant Nazis back then huh? hehe, weird&#33; Good point WarAdmiral91. but I think my ogres would have learned it themselves, not with help of bandits. and yes Rhinoxen are a mix og rhino and oxen, strong beasts that the ogres use for eating, war, throwing etc. ^_^ and yes it&#39;s the greatest gift a brave Hunn can get.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

The word Hun refers to Germans rather than just Nazis as it was a phrase used in the first world war before the Nazis came to power.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast