De Fluff Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've been obsessed with dark elf fluff lately, but even with everything i've read, i have questions.

first thing, Furion of Clar Karond, hes mentioned frequently, but theres no pictures, and personally i think he should be a special character, i mean really, hes the only male dark elf sorceror, aside from malekith

another thing, can malekith have children? hes sealed in a suit of armor, but it is magical armor, and his race's foundation is the worship of debased gods, like Slaanesh, so...yeah...

and the final question, if a high elf is born, after the Sundering, and hates the high elves, does that make him a dark elf? or are they physically different?

thanks for the help.

Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

First thing, Furion of Clar Karond, hes mentioned frequently, but theres no pictures, and personally i think he should be a special character, i mean really, hes the only male dark elf sorceror, aside from malekith
    So what did you want to know? Admittedly my Druchii fluff is lacking, but I know Malekith doesn't allow male sorcers. Maybe the mage was slain?

Malekith cannot remove the armour, there is basically no way for any of it to be removed. So I'd say no, he'll have no children - unless he steals/adopts one.

and his race's foundation is the worship of debased gods, like Slaanesh, so...yeah.
    Actually that's his mother, Malekith hates the CoP. Always has, he doesn't truely know about the cult that's appear in Naggaroth now. But if he finds out... (re: Flesh & Blood campaign recently run by D.Net)

and the final question, if a high elf is born, after the Sundering, and hates the high elves, does that make him a dark elf? or are they physically different?
    I fail to see why he would hate the Asur, but he would only be a true Druchii if he came from a Druchii mother/father. If he went to Naggaroth chances are he'd be dead within the day of arriving.

The Druchii are very similar to the Asur, but their have dark sunken eyes and black hair. Their flesh is ablaster and pale even for an elf.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see...
    so malekith can't have children? unless he adopts one, an act of kindness that the Witch King would never show.

but about Furion, i meant does anyone have any fluff on him? and i'm not sure, but i think hes a sorcer, it says at the end of the DE history, that he'll need his enchanted bone necklace, so i assumed so, but i know what happens when people assume (ASS out of U and ME) so maybe he's not, but i know hes a very influential elf, it says al that in the beginning of the history.

and i have more ?s

whats the Black Tree? i dont know if its DE related, but im curious.

how many Black Arks are there? from some non-official fluff i gathered that 2 or 3 sank, but like i said, its non-official.

and has there ever been DE settlement in Cathay or Nippon? or anywhere aside from Naggoroth?

thanks in advance
    Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not really able to answer your other questions, Ill have to hunt down a DE army book but yes, they do have outposts across the world to launch attacks from. Malekith's father was the lord of such a castle in the Chaos Wastes.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aenarion didnt have a castle in the chaos wastes and i'm pretty sure that malekith is aenarion's son

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woops, I meant to say Malus Darkblade. Malus' father has a castle there. Sorry, hope that clears it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malus's father doesnt have a castle anywhere :shifty: or a head for that matter
    I think a great bumper sticker would be as follows:
    Proud parent of a child whose self-confidence is good enough that he doesn't need me advertising his minor scholastic achievements on my carclick me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by deathdealer@Mar 14 2005, 16:32
    Malus's father doesnt have a castle anywhere :shifty: or a head for that matter
    [snapback]352503[/snapback]
    well not anymore....I am sure Malekith has since sent a new lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why doeas Malekith hate Slaanesh? Wasn't the Elf split caused by the fact that some (the Dark Elves) were part of the CUlt of Pleasure? Please clear this up for me. WHy, after being booted out of Ulthuan, did they start worshipping Khaine again? What exactly is the religion system in Naggaroth?
    Death is my meat, terror my wine.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

The druchii have always worshipped Khaine, he is their one and only god. A small number under Moraith have once more begun to worship the CoP, this isn't the biggest faith in Naggaroth.

The Sundering was actually caused by Malekith's thirst for power, the routing out of CoP worshippers was just a guise. Otherwise why is his mother still alive? He denounced her first, surely he'd have put her to the sword? Malekith always thought he'd resume the throne after his father, but the Council saw him as too warlike and like his father so chose Bel-Shannar instead. This was the main reason the split came about.

Ok so Malekith doesn't quite hate Slannesh, but he's not the leader of the Cult and his mother has reastablished it behind his back. IIRC he just dislikes it, intensely.

KU

+ Reply to Thread