Skaven Fluffness - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Skaven Fluffness

I just thought this up like..I dunno 20 minutes ago. Just a small story about my ratses and how they'll do pretty much anything for shiney bits.

Skrud Deadeye looked out over the field, his one beady black eye glowing faintly in the moonlight. Before him was a vast rolling field, long overrun by weeds and small bushes with a few old dead trees scattered here and there. There was a road here once, but the grass and bushes had swallowed in, and only field mice traveled it now. Far across the field, past the rolling sea of weeds being blown and harassed by the wind, Skrud could see the Green Things gathering. From his place on the hill he could see them well. Of all the Green Things, Skrud hated these the most. These where the small pointy nosed ones that constantly ran through his tunnels, getting their stink all over everything and taking all the best shiny things before Skrud and his rats could get there. Skrud snorted out loud, lifting his rusted blade to rest on his shoulder and turned to face the Man Thing that stood behind him. The Man thing fidgeted nervously, and Skrud snorted again in amusement. This Man Thing was afraid of him, he could smell its fear even through the pungent flowery perfumes that it covered itself in. The Man Thing was plump and covered in shineys, and his clothes where bright colours that hurt Skrud's eye. "Those are the monsterses? Those are the things that's been hurting your town?" Skrud questioned the Man Thing with a notable hint of scorn and sarcasm in his voice. "Y..Yes that's them. Those are the beasts! They've killed all our guards and they've been terrorizing our village for weeks!" Skrud could barely contain his snickering. "Stupid Man Thing, these is not monsters. These is barely a challenge for my ratses." Skrud turned and began to walk away from the rich man who nervously reached out, then though better of it and withdrew his hand. Instead he simply called out in a high, pleading voice. "W..wait! You're not leaving are you? We had a deal! You promised you'd get rid of them once I paid you. I can't be known as the Mayor that lost his town to goblins..I." Skrud waved at the Man Thing dismissively "Be quiet, you talkses too much. I's kill the Green Things , but you better come through with the shineys, or we's come after you next ." The man nodded and wrung his hands together nervously, turning to look at the horde of goblins that was gathering across the field. Skrud skittered down the hill. One of his Stormvermin was waiting at the bottom of the hill. "We ready?" Skrud asked. The other rat nodded, pointing to the horde of rat things that where gathering and forming up behind him. Large rat-men with armed with spears and shields where herding clanrat slaves to the front, armed with sticks and crude broken weapons. "Good, we'se be moving soon ." Skrud turned to leave the Stormvermin, who was fidgeting and squirming in his army. Skrud could tell he wanted to say something, but was afraid to speak without permission. Skrud stopped and sighed, making it obvious that he was getting annoyed "What?" the stormvermin leaned in close, keeping its voice low. "Is we really helpin' the man things boss?" Skrud hissed and the other rat cringed away "Course we is you stupid! We'se mercen..mercan..we'se for hire 'member!? We'se help them as long as they gives us the shineys, then we eats them and finds somebody else to get shineys from!" The other rat bowed his head, seemingly ashamed of his failing to grasp such an obvious plan. "Now gets movin' I's hungry, an' them Green Things isn't gettin' any fresher!"

Last edited by Edicius; June 23rd, 2005 at 15:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, a very entertaining read.....mercenary skaven, hired by men to kill goblins. Id love to read more, if you ever write more please make sure you post it.

A couple of little spelling mistakes, id be happy to help you find and correct any mistakes in future posts if you'd like.

Anyway, cool story!
    Matt
    W/L/D
    Moria Goblins: 1/6/0
    Dwarves: 0/2/0
    Empire: 0/4/0

I Guess that means dont trust my advice when it comes to strategy and such :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i liek it too. at first i was thinkign that the skaven dont seem liek the type of race that would deal with their enemies but then it all made sense in the end. theyes be evil.
    ...and you do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around, thats what its all about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x5)

Cool story. Your description of Gobbos is hilarious. Will we see more?

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Matt
    Nice, a very entertaining read.....mercenary skaven, hired by men to kill goblins. Id love to read more, if you ever write more please make sure you post it.
    Ditto. A very interesting, fun read. Thanks, Edicius, I enjoyed it. I especially like the mercenary idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x5)

Wow thanks, I forgot I had posted this here. Yeah this is the very first bit of fluff I've ever written for my relatively new Skaven army, so I'll be tossing out more every now and then as Deadeye and my ratses find more tyrouble to get into. The spelling I apologise for, I forgot to run this one through a spellchecker first. ^_^'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

222 (x7)

Would it be possible to see some pics of your Skaven army, Ed? (Can I call you that?)

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x5)

Aye I'll give it a try. Scanner's on the fritz and my brother's cameras gone missing since he left for Basic. The only special thing about them is thier colour scheme. By painting sunburst yellow over codex grey I got this really toxic green/yellow colour that looks like bad cheese. It's perfect for ratses, and all my important rasts only got one eye, so there's a lot of GS eyepatches.
    Last edited by Edicius; July 21st, 2005 at 21:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

222 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Edicius
    The only special thing about them is thier colour scheme. By painting sunburst yellow over codex grey I got this really toxic green/yellow colour that looks like bad cheese.
    Sounds like a good technique for creating Nurgle Skaven. Mmm, bad cheese.

:huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I like the idea and the fluff is very amusing, mercenary Skaven wouldn't exist for the simple reason that the Council Of Thirteen want to keep the Skaven's existence a secret. The clan selling their services would be hunted down and killed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast