My High Elf Fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Ok this is some fluff for my HE army I'm working on. I've said it before I'm not good at writing fluff, so I would like your opinions. Tell me if you like it, hate it, what you would change, if it to long/ cheesy etc. Thanks in advance for your input.

The Citadel Of Dragons

On the edge of the Black Gulf is a small mountain range that connects to the Black Mountains, known as the Dragons Spine. On the largest mountain is the Citadel Of Dragons, under which in ages past great dragons of legend lived; and is also home to the Dragon Princes Of Caledor. The elves have lived here for centuries, watching over the sleeping beasts. The present ruler is Tathar Elessar, and he holds the title of Dragon King. Upon his head sits the Dragon Crown, gifted to the first Dragon King, King Dinendal, by the Phoenix King Caledor. This crown is said to be made by the elven god Vaul, and protects the wearer from harm. In his hand he wields the magic blade of his for-fathers, The Dragons Fang.

In the days of old the Dragon King always rode into battle upon the greatest Dragon in the mount, but now the great firedrakes lie dormant. Even with the skill of the Dragon Princes very few can be roused from their slumber. So now the Dragon King rides into battle with his brothers, the Dragon Princes. The kings rarely attempt to wake the dragons anymore; only in times of war will it be so.

Five years ago, during a routine patrol, the elvish scouts came upon a shipwreck. On the beach were mangled bodies and more floating in the surf. As quick as they could they began to check the bodies for survivors, and to their surprise they found many were still alive. It took many hours to search the entire length of the beach for survivors, and many more till they could get them back to the Citadel. It was morning before they heard the story of what happened. The wreckage was that of the elven vessel the “Senlui Ballantine�. The Ballantine was a patrol ship on the eastern coast of Ulthuan; one week before hand they had found a Norse raiding party. By carrier bird they sent a message back to port saying that they are giving chase and the defences should be prepared.

The Norse had not seen the elven ship and weren’t expecting an attack; three Norse ships were sunk with two remaining ships fleeing. On the third night they followed the Norse into a storm, and in the space of a few short hours all thought of the chase was put out of their minds. For two days and nights they battled against the storm, unaware that the storm was taking them further and further from Ulthuan. The storm worsened and as the elven vessel clove through the waves, the next was always higher. As they crested one wave, the biggest yet loomed primed to turn the ship into matchwood. There was no way of escaping it, all they could do was lash themselves to solid objects and pray.

The wave smashed the ship onto razor sharp rocks, the vessel splintered and many elves lost their lives in the first few seconds. Others were not so lucky many elves against were washed back and forth upon the rocks, even long after their death,

Upon hearing the account King Tathar bade them to rest. Following the survivors’ recovery, the King offered them the chance to become his Sea Guard. Now the remaining crew patrol the seas around the mountains, they found a large cavern cut out of the cliff face and have made this their port. The port is well protected as they have found a safe passage through the rocks, which is only visible when a light is shone from the cavern mouth when the signal of a flaming arrow is fired. And so the Citadel Of Dragons is now well protected from land and sea. Now it prospers, as trade is brought via sea or through the mountain passes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good idea.
    Not a bad storyline.

You should make a few characters to develope as you make changes to the city I am assuming your going to write more about the city?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I might, but I'm not that good at writing fluff. But I'll give it a go. BTW in my army lists I have named the characters:

Dragon King, Tathar Elessar
    Captain Celahir Calafar, of the Sea Guard
    Captain Amras Miriel, of The Swordmasters
    Elros Tasardur (mage)
    Maeglin Linwelin (mage)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats good.

Your good at writing fluff probably better than me lol

Just write for fun it dosn't need to be great.

Make sure to cont with these characters in your next fluff so they can have some realism to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

I'm going to try, but I want to get the army painted first and then I'm going to figure out my dwarven fluff. I've done one but it's to much like Karak-Hirns so I'm going to come up with something different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok cool so when your write it send me a message so I can read it please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will tathar be on a dragon? he is the dragon king, but you talked about him joining the dragon princes. just wondering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice the Storm could have possibly been discribed better. Otherwise good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Will tathar be on a dragon?
    I was thinking for high pts games (ie 3000 +) I might mount him on a dragon, but otherwise he'll be on horseback with his brother Dragon princes.

I glad you liked it, I sure it could have been done better but I'm not that good at writing stories (of any kind). But thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least you try, i dont even attampt writing fluff

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast