Druchii slaves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druchii slaves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Druchii slaves

Can a Dark Elf slave win their freedom? I mean an actual Dark Elf who is enslaved, just to be clear. I ask because I'm working on a short story for English and even though the teacher won't understand I want to know it's correct.

Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really doubt a Dark Elf would be willing to set anyone free...
    Expect the worst, so you won't be disappointed. :cool:

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Bunny has just aquired the services of BadNeighbour :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x3)

I do not see a Dark Elf simply offering their slave freedom, however I can see the following.

High Elf spies liberating the slaves to cause a distraction (the slaves would not necessarily know it was a High Elf).
    Dark Elves releasing the slaves and hunting them (those who escape win their freedom)
    A Noble or Highborn upgrades a slave they like the look of to a favoured pet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't find anything in any of my books that says anything at all. It mentions slaves a plenty but it is usually about other races slaves. I will say however that the Dark Elves 40K counterpart the Dark Elder have Slave Galdiator's modeled after the Roman gladiators. There was even a game in White Dwarf for it. I would imagine that the Dark Elves have some sort of bloodsports as well, and could easily see the cult of Khaine or some other important faction buying a winning slave and setting him free in return for his aid in battle or or something like that. Make sure you post the story so we can check it out.
    "...and we shall pave our path to the gods with the Skulls of our fallen foes."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erm... Dark Elf Slave? Do you mean a Dark Elf being enslaved, or a human, Elf, Dawi, Halfling, Gnome, Troll, Giant, Ogre, Fimir, or Orc (although an Orc might just beat itself to death) slave? There's a difference, and the way your post described, it sounded as if there was an enslaved Dark Elf! :wacko:

Anyway, there have been slaves that have managed to escape their rightful Druchii Masters, and they've been hunted down and killed for it. A Dark Elf slave is ultimately less likely; to be captured is to be shamed, and they'd probably take poison or kill themselves before they were caught. Or worse, they'll be captured, and then murder anyone near them, and end up getting killed. Not very profitable for slavers. Druchii do the slaving in the Warhammer World, not the other way around.

Mace - Dark Eldar and Dark Elves are nothing alike. Dark Eldar kill as much as they can as painfully as they can and take pleasure in it so Slaanesh leaves them alone, and they no longer serve Khaine. That and the fact that they're now in different universes.
    Dark Elves probably don't host tournaments or other entertainments, they aren't Ogres (Fluff heresy!) and Gnoblars, :shifty:
    "The streets a flame, the people in flame,
    The Apolapsy Four Ride out again.
    The flame of Hell are freezing over,
    And Heaven is falling out of the sky!
    Is it any wonder that the world is going to burn in a cleansing flame?
    Is it any wonder that the world is coming to a realigious end?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, while I respect your opinions, I'll tell you that Druchii do enslave their own. A Dark Elf can become a slave through any number of ways, losing a bet, if his house is dishonored, etc. They do host games, but the only one I can prove the existence of is when young nobles mount Cold Ones and try to kill one another in a team sport kinda thing (think Druchii polo). My evidence is the Darkblade series, and while I'll admit I may be wrong, I think if he put it in the book it's solid enough to be cited. From the few of you who gave me actual answers to my question, thank you. If a mod sees this you can close it.
    Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

+ Reply to Thread