the Samurai will rise - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Samurai will rise

hey i was just wondering which army is most like samuria because i want to make an army of them but i am not sure which one to use i was intitaly thinking of using eltharion from the high elves and get lots of swordmasters
    does any one have a better idea

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, first of all its samurai, I'm not trying to be mean, but spelling matters around here. Secondly, samurai are the elite class of warriors, but you'll still need a lot of peasantry to back them up. If you want to make a traditional style "Samurai Army" then you need some "samurai" on horseback and some on foot, then have a lot of "ashigaru" which is the average peasant spearmen/archer. Do some research into ancient Japanese warfare if you want a really realistic edge to your army, and you could work on a bit of fluff as well. Like, if you really want to do a High Elf army then you could say that they're from the Tower of the Rising Sun (on the southern tip of Nippon, WH's version of Japan) and that after being stationed there for some odd hundred years they've adopted a fighting style similar to the humans around them. If you need any more help pm me or something.
    Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanx a lot i also don't want to do a heavy cavalry army for the samuria because it will be the same as in the white dwarf for the cathay army
    i am probably going to go with dark/high elf amies but i was wondering if a chaos mortal army would also work because of there high strength ( from there swords) and high weapon skill ( ther skilll with the sword)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, it's all up to you. The real question is how are you going to model them to look like Samurai?
    Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x3)

Some styles I have seen-

Tau Fire Warriors
    pros: without the helmets/backpacks they do not look very futuristic at all, are plastic
    cons: you still need to find Katanas, feet and hands need to be swaped (Tau hands and feet are different to human)

Variags (Lord of the Rings range)
    pros: no actual conversion needed, nice models
    cons: LotR models look puny when compared directly, expensive, LotR licence may cause you some issues

Easterlings (also LotR)
    pros: cheap for GW, damn nice models!
    cons: not that traditionally Oriental, LotR licence
    Last edited by Lady Bastet; March 19th, 2006 at 04:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually there is a guy in my shop who uses vampire counts that are painted like samurais
    its pretty simple, most of the unit has (at least im pretty sure) the flat part of a drawing pin on their heads and then some have been given armour
    looks very cool and he has done it really well.
    Last edited by grimgor137; March 19th, 2006 at 23:23.
    lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

178 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by grimgor137
    actually there is a guy in my shop who uses vampire counts that are painted like samurais
    its pretty simple, most of the unit has (st least im pretty sure) the flat part of a drawing pin on their heads and then some have been given armour
    looks very cool and he has done it really well.
    Drawing Pins you say? I really should give that a try- if anyone else here does then please get back to me on your success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actualy i was going to file and shorten the tau fire warriors shoulder pad and take two of them and atach them to an exectutioners shoulder and then sculpt and mask over there face for samuria on foot

for one on horse back ihaven't thought of an idea yet but i was thinkingdoing the same sort of thing to a bretonian knight

for rules i have decided to go with chaos undivided so that i can have both high weponskill/ strengt and good armour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

178 (x3)

Samurai armour was not that good though, they are overall more like Marauders than Chaos Warriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya but in there time they were one of the most advanced poeples and i will just not give any one a shield so the best armour save a foot trooper can get is 4 save in chaos armour

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast