Inventing original Electors?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Inventing original Electors??

Ok I posted this in the empire forum but I'm not getting an answer.

I've been playing 40k for a while now and have started fantasy. I am collecting empire and wish to create original fluff of my own design.

Can I invent my own elector count? or does GW have existing fluff for all of them.

If I can invent my own what region should he come from?
    If I can't create my own whats the next rank down from elector that I can make him?

Thanks for any help.

Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Dark Lioness HLTB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x2)

If this is for *your* General then he or she can still be an "Elector Count" despite not actually holding that title.

The name is a bit off as apparently the Elector Count in the army book was just going to be called a "Count" but was renamed Elector Count to make it more Empire specific.

All Elector Counts and Countesses have been named in one source of another. However in past editions Games Workshop has contradicted themselves.

Anyway since this is a common question on a few forums I've put the details here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Empire_%28Warhammer%29

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Alot of the information from wiki on the electors comes from this article I believe. http://www.madalfred.darcore.net/ (see the article about the electors and provinces)

Note that since the second edition of warhammer fantasy roleplay has come out the background within has been verified by GW (as per the licensing agreement the publishers have) and can now be considered Official.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

you could always say the old elector count of that state died and kick anyone who tries to tell you your stupid

or as Dark Lioness said just because the character uses elector count rules dose not mean that it is an elector count it could just be some regional general which is what I did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

I'm the kind of guy that writes extensive fluff for my armies though. I could just counts as elector count but I like to write stories as well. Whether or not Darrion Du Marque is an elector or not has a pretty big impact on my fluff...

Wasn't their a count that officially died? which region was that? Hostile Takeover...!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Munch
    you could always say the old elector count of that state died and kick anyone who tries to tell you your stupid

or as Dark Lioness said just because the character uses elector count rules dose not mean that it is an elector count it could just be some regional general which is what I did

This is a pretty good idea and to justify it you could argue that your army is set a hundred years before or after the present warhammer era
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Hmm. And here I thought that you meant(by the title) that you wanted to invent stats for the 'original' electors.

Ie: the first electors in the Empire ever, no doubt appointed by Sigmar, or after he left. One would assume that they would have a much more barbaric feel.

But as stated, there have been great numbers of Elector counts over the years. No one says that your army and thus your elector count absolutely has to have been from the same time period as the rest of the warhammer fantasy world.

It would be pretty 'interesting' to come up with a fluff reason as to why they are in the here and now fighting contemporary armies though.

As always, however, what you are asking to do is to essential create a special character. That's fine, but you'll only ever be able to use it with your friends.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

228 (x8)

lol I should have put more effort into the title. I only want to write fluff for an elector count. He will still be a normal elector rule-wise. However I didnt want to write fluff for him if GW has already got fluff and named all (12?) elector counts.

I'll use 40k as an example. There are 2 empty spaces in the lists of primarchs. This allows people to invent their own primarchs for their chapters. I wanted to know if there are any "empty spaces" in the list of elector counts where people could design their own fluff-wise. Or if GW has fluff for all of them. If GW already had fluff for all electors then mine wouldnt be able to be an elector. See my logic?

I just want to write a story about an elector count that I invented not GW. No changes to rules or anything.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Even if all twelve elctor counts have been made I'm prety sure no one will memorize all 12. And lets just say you want your guy to be an elector count from nuln, and someone says "but the elector count from nuln is Elector Count Jim Bob the fifth" you can always say he was the elector count before jim bob, or after him. Warhammer has no real set date that is it's present, so who knows what year it is now.

+ Reply to Thread