Need help with some fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with some fluff

Well i got to reading the dark elf codex last night, and love the fluff behind how assassins are chosen and trained. I was thinking of writing my own little story of a little male dark elf that survives the test and is raised as an assassin (i write alot of fantasy stories in my free time like from warcraft, warhammer, etc.)

my question is is there any more fluff other then just in the codex? the key thing im trying to figure out is what the test actually is. On the one night when all the witches and hags descend into the towns grabbing children. it says the babies and kids are obviously sacrificed, but those that somehow survive the test are raised as assassins. Ive always thought the test was the maybe the babies and children were thrown into the cauldron of blood, drowned, and sacrificed, and if during the drowning phase they came back up still alive they were taken as assassins.

does anyone have any more details or would like to clarrify this? Also any place i can find more fluff on the training of assassins would be neat

(the story i was thinking of is a young boy who escapes during a high elf attack and sees both his parents killed but remembers the colors of the high elf that killed them. tired of being in an orphanage he goes out on the night and freely gives himself up to the witches, revenge burning in his eyes. does this sound plausable at all? this is what ive gathered from the codex)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Im not aware of any other fluff for asassains. Try going to the thread "Important Links" & check out the one for Shadowblade (the asassain special character). His rules are there & maybe some fluff..
    EDIT: The thread was a bit hard to find, so here's the link:
    GW Online : Warhammer : Dark Elves : Masters of The Druchii

Perhaps your assasain could be an apprentice of Shadowblade?

Anyway your general ideas so far sound ok to me.

Cheers
    Last edited by Manu_Forti; December 12th, 2006 at 02:55.
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ascension through elimanation is what first springs into my mind. Earn a position by removing the person who holds it. That should fit in with the teachings of Khaine I think. What better way of proving yourself as an assassin than assassinating one? :ninja:
    That way the Druchii ensure that the person with the best qualifications alway have the job.

Good luck
    -Paz

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

*Moved to FB Fluff

Ciao

Stonehambey

+ Reply to Thread