Clan Sparkle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clan Sparkle

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Slai I love it mate, it's pretty cool and I like the details. Any more?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, best amateurfluff i've read. (And i've read, like, 5 so far!½)
    Wish i could write a fluff that good ,_,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only request is that you change the name of the clan. "Clan Sparkle" does not instill any sense of fear or dread.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!� - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats sort of the point about the name, Bwadymonkey. Its not "Clan Kill" or "Clan Morgoth" or "Clan Blooddrench" or something. its Clan Sparkle. Because they are not a warclan, like the other clans, but more like a sect or cult if you wish.

But that will probably be explained better in my stories to come =) .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize that but Warhammer is supposed to be dark and grim. Its just my opinion but the name detracts from the emotions you are attempting evoke with your protagonist. A prophetic almost messianic like skaven bellows at the gates of Skavenblight: Cower before Clan...Sparkle. Maybe its just that its not a very skaven-esque name. Or for that matter, a very warhammer name. It sounds a bit like a circa-1992 High Elf role-playing party (as in group of people not social gathering).
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!� - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you can feel what you want. This sect and/or cult is not interested in going about looking badass or scaring anybody. They dont give two pieces of shait about those kinds of things. As it isnt a warclan it doesnt rely on such things as that. They do what they believe, and what the prophecies foretell. Being religious, they dont concern themselves of such things as frightening their enemy, but rather take a name for themselves that they think fits with their religion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snow was falling heavily down as the High Elven scouting party hurried through the grand forests of Loren. The nine Shadow Warriors and the Silver Helm trotted at a fast pace, snow whirling around their feet.
    The noble keept looking back over his shoulder, even though they surely had to have outrun their pursuers.
    As he turned his head back to watch the path, he caught something in the corner of his eye. He signed for his retinue to halt.
    His horse became uneasy and seemed as if he smelled something.. unpleasant. The knight soothed it with a whispered word and a gentle stroke across its mane.
    They stood there for a long time. Still. Silent. Waiting for anything and nothing.

Then there was movement. Sounds. Here some snow fluffed up and settled. There a twig snapped. His steed kept calm.

All of a sudden, several of the whitefurred rats jumped out from the snow, blades whirling. Some of them were downed midair by the swift and lethal arrows of the Shadow Warriors, but they landed amidst the elves, attacking instantly. The Shadow Warriors drew their finely crafted blades and struck at the rodent warriors, taking down quite an impressive number of them in a matter of seconds!

The Silver Helm knight charged into the battle pinning a rat with his lance, before dropping it and unsheathing his blade. The rats were beginning to decrease in numbers, but so were the elves. Though they slew rats with each blow, the elves were slowly being dragged down and stabbed to death by the crude rusty blades of the skaven.

Seeing his brethren slain down by these filthyest of beings, the noble begame engulfed in anger and he launched himself into the fray, slaying more of the hideous rats than any elf ever had before him.

When he came to himself again, he was standing on top of a small hill of dead skaven... There were none left of his brethren. He had slain those who killed them, but that did not right this wrong. Nine elves had been slain under his command. Warm tears ran down his cheek.

His keen elven senses took hold of him, and he spun around and jumped on his horse, spurring it into gallop down the trail, as another rat appeared infront of him. The noble raised his blade shouting his familys warcry as he charged the lone rodent.

As his eyes widened at the incredible speed of his roden opponent, it all became dark.

The skaven with the incredible speed looked at the fallen headless knight for a while, sneering. He took his shiny armour and his chipped shield for himself, then spat at the corpse. Upon his return he was hailed as a hero of his clan, and from that day on he was known only as Shiny, because of the greaming armour he wears.

___________________________________________________________________________ ______

This was the story of my Chieftain Shiny, who carries the Languisher Sword and the Bands of Power ^__^ . more fluff coming if you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RULES FOR VINGE

Vinge is treated as a normal Lord choice, and must be the Army General. If using Vinge, you may not include any special character which is not a member of Clan Sparkle.

Stats

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
    5 7 4 5 4 4 8 4 8

M - 5
    WS - 7
    BS - 4
    S - 5
    T - 4
    W - 4
    I - 8
    A - 4
    Ld - 8

Cost: 275 pts

Equipment: Mord, Armour of Sparkle. No additional items may be bought for Vinge.

Special Rules:

Flight:
    Vinge was left crippled by the fight with the dragon, yet he recovered quickly and even with his torn wing, he still manages to make small swoops of flight.

Vinge may make a Flying move of up to 18" each movement phase (may be used for charging) . The way you use this is you nominate a point on the board which he flies to, and guess the range. Place a marker at the range you guessed (max 18") and roll a scatter dice. If it scatters, roll the Artillery Dice and move the marker in as many inches as shown in the direction shown, and place Vinge there. If it misfires, roll a D6. On 1-3 Vinge and any unit he is with can not move this movement phase. On 4-6 he (and any unit he is with) moves as normal, but (of course) cannot charge.
    If Vinge is in combat (even if he is in bast to base and/or is with a unit) he may make an attempt to fly out of the combat in his own Movement phase. This is done just like a normal flight move. If you roll a Misfire Vinge will get no attacks this combat phase, and enemies will hit him on +1 To Hit due to his unbalance form his failed flight move.
    Note that if Vinge leaps out of combat and ends up in contact with an enemy regiment or an impossible terrain feature, he is placed at the edge og the regiment/terrain closest to his landing marker (1" away from enemy regiments of course).
    Should Vinge hit the unit he charges, place Vinge in combat at the nearest side of the charged unit according to the Flight Marker (rear/flank/front) .
    Should Vinge charge a unit and not catch it due to scattering or out of reach, place him as normal (do not use his normal Movement characteristics) .

Nemesis:
    Vinge is the selfproclaimed Nemesis of the Horned Rat, and as such, when fighting the Skaven forces who unite under the rule of the Horned Rat, the ferocity of Vinges enemies is undeniable.

When fighting against other Skaven, the opposing Skaven army hates Vinges army.

Special Items:

Mord:
    Nobody knows from where the blade known as Mord came from, but is seems to provide Vinge with different powers as the blade deems fit for the situation. It shifts in form, constantly changing in colour and shine, and many believe the blade has a will of its own.

At the beginning of each of the owning players turn, roll a D6 for the effect of the blade.

D6 Effect
    1-2 = Nothing happens
    3 = Vinge gains +2 Strength until the start of the owning players next turn
    4 = Vinge gains +2 Attacks until the start of the owning players next turn
    5 = Vinge gains Killing Blow until the start of the owning players next turn
    6 = Vinge gains +1 to Hit until the start of the owning players next turn

Armour of Sparkle:
    Vinges armour is a sight to behold, encrested with golden art and is of beautiful craftmanship. Some claim it is an item of the Elves, and some claim Vinge forged it himself before coming to this world.

Armour of Sparkle grants Vinge a 3+ armour save, and a 5+ ward save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good job Slai, for I now know fear to Cheiften Shiny.

00:12:50-) (+Hard_Aun|sleepage) anyway, three months back i got out of bed and came downstairs loud, fast and naked with a club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ^__^ . Any thoughts on Warlord Vinge?

I am, by the way, thinking of fluff for my Grey Seer Nærsynt and for the Warlock Engineer Gnist which I will write someday soon ^__^ .

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast