Dwarfs Vs Tomb Kings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last thursday i had a game against a fellow player in my gaming club we were both bored and had nothing to do so we had a 1k game.

my army was as follows

1 runesmith
    12 crossbows
    12 crossbows
    12 crossbows
    20 ironbreakers
    4 bolt throwers

his army was

1 liche priest
    1 banner
    10 bowmen
    20 tomb guard
    5 horsemen
    2 scorpians
    2 swarms

setup
    i had a hill on my side (hmmmm i wonder what went on that???) bolt throwers on the hill with the crossbowmen surrounding and ironbreakers on the right flank

tomb kings
    the tomb guard with liche priest and banner with bowmen on right flank.
    BUT nothing else i was really confused!!

TURN1 - tomb kings

both units marched forward magic phase and the tomb guard ran forward another 4 inches and the bowmen failed to shoot with there magic!

TURN 1 - DWARFS

the ironbreakers marched forward 6 inches and that was it for movement ... then shooting the crossbowmen killed the unit of ten archers and then the bolts killed 5 guard!!

Turn 2 - TB

the plan was unveiled and 2 scorpians pooped up out of no where to attack the crossbowmen units&#33;&#33; (DAMN&#33;&#33 <:> i was winning&#33;
    then the liche ran forward and then ran forward again (i just couldnt dispell)
    COMBAT the scorpians munched through the crossbow unit and ran strainght into the bolt throwers

Turn 2 - dwarfs

the ironbreakers charged the guards but before this could happen he unveiled his majic banner and 5 horsesmen popped up behind the ironbreaker unit and charged them from behind&#33;&#33; <:> this was really annoying
    the crossbow units left turned to face the scorpians and the bolt throwers left missed the already truimphant scorpians

Combat:- i managed to kill altogether 2 guards and lost 2 ironbreakers i was outnunbered by a fear causing enemy and ran for the hills.
    the scorpians killed another crew and hit the next

turn 3 - TK

the swarms appeared behind the crossbow units and charged <:> i was so annoyed at my self for turning the units round exposing there rears&#33;
    the bolt throwers shot at the exposed flank of the guards and killed 5 men.

Combat:
    the scorpains killed the last crew and over ran into the crossbow unit

at this point i gave up having just 1 half eaten crossbow unit left&#33;&#33;

the boy i played (CONBOY)
    is a veteran dwarf player himself and said that my army was very good but his army was based around killing shooting armies so no wonder i lost&#33;

he said i fought well but i could of planned my set up a little bit better&#33;

it was a great fight i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i enjoyed playing it
    ungrim :ph34r:
    (chris)

Boys rule, Girls suck&#33; (if you get what i mean)

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/theemperorsfinest' target='_blank'>The Iron Guard Official Website</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm..
    He was lucky with the scorpions youknow noone scattered on the wrong place or anything.
    You got pretty owned there i must say, but it&#39;s a battle report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turn 2 - dwarfs

the ironbreakers charged the guards but before this could happen he unveiled his majic banner and 5 horsesmen popped up behind the ironbreaker unit and charged them from behind&#33;&#33; this was really annoying
    the crossbow units left turned to face the scorpians and the bolt throwers left missed the already truimphant scorpians
    this is what they call: cheating&#33;

the banner of the undying legion says: in any of the TK player&#39;s turn, and second, it also says: during the remaining moves phase, so there&#39;s no way this could have happened

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

you got cheated bad mate srry and wait dont you have to have two core on the feild for that :huh:

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, the horsemen are a normal core unit, you just don&#39;t set them up on the battlefield in the beginning of the game, just like scorpions or swarms. but they are a core unit for the armycomposition.

besides, the swarms are a core unit, and the bowmen are core too, so he already has 3 core units. (including the horsemen ofcourse)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

but he only had one on the feild i thought that you needed two on th feild first

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, ofcourse not.

anyhow, he had his tomb swarms and his skeleton warriors, those are two core troops too you know&#33;&#33;&#33;

Closed Thread