2250 Beasts vs. High Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

2250 Beasts vs. High Elves

Well, I used my Beast List against a friend's HE because I felt beasts still can be competitive without going overboard and keeping it balanced and fun. This is what I used or something like it:

Beastlord
    MoU
    HA
    Shield
    GW
    Crown of Horns
    Pelt of the Dark Young

Wargor BSB
    MoT
    Goretooth
    Trollhide Armour

X2 Bray Shaman
    Braystaff
    Power Stone
    Dispell Scroll

X4 6/9 Beast Herd (1 had Beast shaman, other had all 3 others, 2 ambush)
    Full Command

X2 5 Hounds

X3 Undivided Tuskgors

10 Bestigors
    MoT
    Champ

X2 5 Centigors
    Musician
    Throwing Axes

4 Minotaurs
    MoU
    GWs

3 DOgres
    GWs

My Friend's HE
    Archmage
    L4
    Pony
    2 scrolls
    Silver Wand
    Ring of Fury

Mage
    L2
    Pony
    Scroll
    Seerstaff

25 Spearmen
    Full Command

X2 10 LSG

6 DPs (with Archie)
    Musician

9 DPs
    Music
    Standard
    Lion Banner

15 Swordmasters (with Mini mage)
    Full Command
    Banner of Sorcery

5 Reavers
    Music

Lion Chariot

RBT

Eagle

Spells:
    BSB- Bear's Anher, Red Fire
    Beasts Shaman- Anger, Wild Hunt
    Shadows Shaman- Steed of Shadows, Unseen Lurker

Archmage- Fireball, Flaming Sword, Burning Head, Conflagration, Wall of Fire
    Mage- Beast Cowers, Wild Hunt

Deployment
    .........................EA..LC.SMs........................................ ........................LSG.....................
    ....BigDPS.........HILLw/LSG+BTG...................Spears..............DPs..........Reavers......... ........
    .......................HILL................................................ .....................................................
    ........................................................................... .......................................................
    ........................................................................... ...............WOODS.............................
    ........................................................................... ...............WOODS.............................
    .....................WOODS................................................. .................................................
    .....................WOODS(withHerd).................BC..BC..BC.BEASTHERD.. Hounds..Minos...DOs....
    .......Hounds...Tz..Centis................................................. ........Centis..............................

Gameplan:
    Well he only had 2 units I was afraid of (Big DPs and SMs) but one was deployed on the left flank and thus was about to be redirected all game, and the SMs were going to be screened and used as magbe bunker. This meant i was only afraid of the zaptastic spells he had on his archmage, I thought I could kill all the flack just as long as I got the arch mage and with 3 movement spells I felt I had the means.

Turn 1 Beasts He gave it to me
    Move- I occupied the 2 big woods with herds/ centis while the hounds got themselves to annoy the big DPs. The Minos and Dogres began their flank crushing maneouvre (as if anyone could stop them) the lord was in the superherd on the right and he was peeking out of the woods at the small DPs hoping for a turn 1 assassination on the enemy general. The BCs moved up the middle to make themselves look very threatening.
    Magic- I got anger on the Beastlord and steed was cast on a 15, it was scrolled.

Turn 1 HE
    Move- Big DPs shoot down the flank thinking they can flank me. the rest of the army moves to face my units somewhat boxing themselvces in as I intended. The Archmage detaches from the DPs seeing i dont have many missiles and figured it was not the safest place.
    Magic- Failed to dispell conflag on my unit rolling snakeyes, does only 1 wound thankfully, IF Beast Cowers on my rightmost chariot, ring on my leftmost chariot is snakeyed as well resulting in 10 hits and 3 wounds.
    Shoot- LSG wound is saved by Dogres, others are out of range of dogs and RBT finishes off wounded chariot.

Turn 2 Beasts
    Move- Chariot charges reavers for fun, he doesn't know if im in range so flees (I wasn't) but no panics. Warhounds on left move into the Big DPs face, the other hounds keep hidden next to the forest knowing they might be needed later, DOgres and Minos continue their push on the left flank with my BSB joining the Minos. The super herd moves to the left edgeof the forest as the Centigors shoot past them in front of the DPs and archmage. Beast shaman's herd moves to hunt the centis. As for ambushers, one passes ld and comes up behind BT and LSG, the other fails and turns up behind shaman's herd.
    Magic- Hunt with a stone goes on 18, scroll, lurker plus stone goes on 18 as well, scroll. Red fire on DPs fails to cast.

Turn 2 HE
    Move- Big princes charfge dogs who flee and are run down but are not in range for panic, but atleast the princes are out of the game. The lion chariot charges my noncowered chariot, I hold and fail both fear checks (not as if I expected to live). The reavers rally and move to redirect DOgres. His 2 blocks move to face flankers. Archmage backs up to blast herd.
    Magic- Dispelled conflag, scrolled cowers, let burning head go. It kills 1 buit panic is past. Let ring go, 11 hits (holy crap), kills 7.
    Shoot- 5 LSG somehow kill 3 centigors but I pass panic, other squad is out of range. RBT shoots at the squad behind it somehow killing 3 panicing the unit off the board.
    Combat- LC easily rolls my chariot, he overruns into super herd in woods. I roll a 1 for hits, and another 1 to wound, you should have seen the rolling. Oh and I failed fear.

Turn 3 Beasts
    Move- BC charges LC passing on reroll. DOgres charge Reavers who flee, eitw LSG who flee and I fail charge. Characterless herd occupies woods, Centis on left move to shoot DPs, on right they moev to bait spears, Minos round the corner and push on his little box. The hounds move to trap the spears and protect mino's flank. middle herd moves to attack hill. Bestigors redirect DPs.
    Magic- Steed on BSB is dispelled on 3 dice. Anger on Lord is cast just in case. BSB casts red fire on archie, he cannot dispell with 2 dice. 11 S3 hits, 4 wounds caused, gg.
    Shooting- I take out a spear and 2 DPs Just to get half on them.
    Combat- BC impacts LC to death taking 2 wounds in return and the herd taking 1 more.

Turn 3 HE
    Move- Spears charge centis who hold, the DPs charge Bestis who flee off board, LSG rally, reavers flee board. DPs try to get away from minos using eagle.
    Magic- Dispells cowers on BC, scrolls hunt on DPs.
    Shooting- BT kills 2 centis in woods, pass panic, LSG don't do anything.
    Combat- Centigors die. Overrun into spears.

Turn 4 Beasts
    Move- BC and super herd charge spears, DOgres charge LSG who SnS and wound me. BSB charges eagle who holds, Minos reform to rear the DPs.
    Magic- I cast anger on shaman in cc then miscats on BSB, he gets a free spell which is dispelled with my lurker dice .
    Shoot- 1 more DPs die, just 2 more until half points.
    Combat- Dogres take a wound but dish out 4 more running down LSG panicing Sms into herd. Spears lose by 12 and are run down. BSB beats eagle and runs him down as well.

My opponent conceded.

Beasts left:
    All characters
    3 Herds
    1 dog unit
    .5 chariot
    centigor unit
    Minos
    DOs

HE Left (Soon to be dead)/
    Both DPs
    RBT
    1 unit of LSG

I felt this list has the tools to deal with anything while still being very fun. Its very balanced with several fast ranked units, couple of hard hitters, cheap array of magicky/ strong characters, and a couple of fast redirecters/ flankers. Just as long as you play good and don't make many mistakes one can definetely win a majority of your games with this army. However I do not think I'm going to finish bulding it and just wait until the new book comes out because I am poor.

2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, it's a good beast list. I have a buddy who plays them, and they're still a good army. The rank rule needs fixing and better magic items to boot, but still playable.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is probably just me and lack of ever playing against beastmen...only ever get a chance to play my bro and his hordes of chaos but it seems to me the HE player dispatched most of your units with easy and you bearly hurt him except maybe at the end are beast men really cheap so u can have loads of them or did you obliterate them so muhc in the space of like 2 turns?

sorry if that was a stupid thing to say i probs didnt read close enough or am too nooby or maybe its too late in teh day to think clearly XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Well, clearly he had alot of killing power in his army, but I just needed to keep the important stuff (herds/ minos/ dogres) alive. If I could keep them alive and get them into combat and he would be denied those points. All the other stuff was just to redirect/ die, anything they kill is a bonus. Looking at both armies I was obviously going to need to get into combat to win. I didn't have to run because of the resilient nature of beasts in so I took my time and set everything up and hit him in that one turn very hard.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh i get it so like you had 1 huge brick of a group and lots of little bits on the side...thats not a bad plan on your part

i would have focused mainly on the big group of huge things if i was him but i see how it worked now thx for clearing that up

=]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Well, the huge brick if you can say that was the herd with shaman, lord, bsb and they were hiding in the woods so they are a very maneouverable brick. The only other thing that I had to protect were the minos and Dogres because they could wreck him and they were coming around the side of woods not near and out of LoS of his magicy/ shooty stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again u expose my lack of knowledge of beastmen
    and so have no right to an opinion, sounds like you palyed with good tactics tho so nice 1 =]

+ Reply to Thread