Forumjayz VS Zemaphore: 500 points WE / EMPIRE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Forumjayz VS Zemaphore: 500 points WE / EMPIRE

Ok here goes, our first battle report! It was a fun game, i must say, and the first outing of our respective armies. Report text curtosy of Jayz, photos and illustration by yours truly.

-------------------------------
    General lay out of the gaming table:

-------------------------------

"The first Battle of the Biesbosch"

~The Westland of 2025 is in chaos due to the recent war with Nordland. All this turmoil has awoken the forces of Nature within the part of the Laurelorn forest known as the Biesbosch.
    Reports have arrived of the river woodland of the Bieschbosch becoming "alive", and a small patrol on its way from marienburg to the warfront is redirected to the Biesbosch to investigate.
    When they enter the woodlands they are faced with a fair and beautiful creature. This beautiful woman seems to be floating on the branches of the trees.
    But while the Marienburgers are enthralled by this Mystical Being they fail to notice they are being surrounded.

As the trees around them come alive, beguiling and unarmoured warriors charge out of the undergrowth.

In a moment the peaceful and quiet forest has turned into a battleground. ~

This is the first battle report in a series of battles me and Zemaphore are planning to have while we construct our armies. The outcome of the battles have effect on the next game in the sense that the winner choose the next place to do battle. Also the loser buys the beers afterwards. So we hope you will enjoy this report as much as we enjoyed playing the battle.

The Unending Circle:

Spellsinger, Staff and lvl 2

10 GG

8 Dryads

7 WD's with Musician

Total 499 pts.

The Marienburgers

Warrior Priest, Additional hammer and Armour of Meteoric Iron.

24 Swordsman
    10 Halberdier Detachment

10 Hand gunners

10 X-bowman

Total 498 pts.

~ As Träsange walked out of the deep wood she suddenly found her self staring at an Empire patrol. She saw Holy warrior in a large group of sword men in the centre of the opposing glade, it was accompanied by a group of Halberdiers to its right and some Hand gunners to its left. Even more Hand gunners took position on a hill on the right and a unit of crossbowmen on a hill to the left.
    Seeing the intrusion of her woods she sends owls to warn her kin. When they arrived she ordered her dryads to go into the trees on the left flank. She and her wardancers take position behind the trees on the right flank, and her Glade guard brethren to her right just behind a small hill. ~

~ Seeing that the Empire patrol is slightly distracted Träsange orders her Glade guard on the hill to get into position to unleash their deadly arrows. She and her wardancers move into the woods in front of them. The dryads move towards the patrol but also blend in with the woods around them.
    The Holy warrior senses a magical disturbance and successfully stops it. But when it happens again he fails to control it and suddenly the trees start to move leaving the Empire patrol in awe.
    All of a sudden deadly arrows rain on the Hand gunner on the hill, one of them hits it’s target and slays him.
    Now realizing the woods are more perilous then he first toughed the Holy warrior orders his men to move forward. He attempts to call on the powers of Sigmar but feels powerless.
    He orders his hand gunners to fire at the trees but they fail to hit their mark. He then orders his Crossbow men to target the walking trees but they are to well hidden in the woods and the arrows miss their targets.

As Träsange looks over the field she realizes she needs to get closer to the patrol to be able to take them out. She orders her Dryads to move out of the protection of the woods. She tells her Glade guard to stay away from the gunfire realizing it will tear them apart.
    She calls on the powers of Isha, she feels the magical interruption of the holy warrior but eventually manages to move her trees even closer to the Empire men. Then another volley of arrows Kills 3 more of the hand gunners. They are beginning to loose their spirit but manage to stay put.
    Seeing the woods move in around him he orders his men to face the archers. He hopes to close the distance between them to stop their killing. He prays to Sigmar again but feels that his powers are being Disturbed yet again. In fury he orders his crossbowmen to fire upon the walking trees. One of them manages to slay one of the haunted trees.

Träsange orders her Wardancers to move in closer to the enemy by moving into the woods flanking the hand gunners. The dryads disturbed by the death of one of their own move away from the deadly arrows and move towards the swordsmen.
    While moving the woods occupies by her Wardancers closer to the Hand gunners, Träsange, orders her Glade guard to fire yet another volley at the hand gunners. This volley Kills even more of the Hand gunners, seeing 4 more of their troupe Die brakes there spirits and they turn and flee.
    After seeing sharp blades and nimble bodies move trough the woods moving in on him the Holy warrior orders his men to brace for combat. He moves them to face the trees. In his moment of shock he forgets the haunted trees moving in behind him.
    His hand gunners having regained their bravery stand their ground and join the fray again. Realizing he forgot the haunted trees He once again orders the crossbowmen to release a volley at them. This time how ever none of them are slain and he knows he is now in trouble.

The dryads spot the Swordsmen have dropped the defence in their direction. They charge in with great speed and anger. The swordsmen realizing they are in no position to defend themselves brake and run. Lucky for them they move so fast the dryads stop to see what happens.
    Seeing the SM run towards them the WD’s move into better position to catch them when they get close enough. They are being assisted by Träsange who moves their Hide place closer to the swordsman. Another volley of the Glade guard reduces the Hand gunners to a single man who brakes and runs away.
    The Fleeing units are causing mayhem in the Empire patrol. The single hand gunner manages to pull himself together and stand his ground. The holy warrior can’t stop his unit of swordsman from fleeing.
    The handgunners detachment tries to cover the fleeing Swordsman by placing themselves in front of them on the hill. The halberdiers are shaken by the fleeing of the swordsmen but they brace there self for the oncoming charge of the Dryads. The dryads themselves endure another volley from the x-bow man but it fails to do any damage.

Träsange sees the tide turning in favour of the Laurelorn forest kin from the Biesbosch. She orders her dryads to charge the halberdiers head on. The halberdiers hold there ground firmly.
    At the same time the Forrest containing the wardancers moves further towards the feeling swordsman and out of Line of sight of the Hand gunners. These are subjected to the deadly marksmanship of the Glade guard. The entire unit is killed in a single volley of deadly arrows.
    The dryads unleash there anger on the halberdiers. They kill 4 of the halberdiers with their crushing blows. One of the halberdiers is able to hit back but he is so shaken he swings and misses. The unit is so badly shaken by their losses that they are unable to fight on and run. However the nimble dryads are fast enough to catch them this time and they overrun the unit.
    The Holy warrior finally regains control of his unit of Swordsman. He turns them around but realises he is caught. Dryads on one side, wardancers on the other.
    In his greatest moments of despair he calls on the guidance of Sigmar once more. But the lady of the woods will not grant him his powers in her Realm. In a last effort his crossbowmen turn to face the dryads in hope they can aid there brethren in need.

The final blow is about to be struck. Träsange gives the command to charge the swordsman. The wardancers and dryads answer her call of vengeance. They charge the swordsmen on both flanks. The Swordsmen hold their ground in a last effort to claim a victory.
    The glade guard move towards the crossbowmen but their shooting fails to reach them. Träsange graces the wardancers with the blessing of Ariel. In the ensuing combat the wardancers and dryads kill 15 of the swordsman outright.
    The combined attacks of the crushing dryads and graceful wardancers proves too much for the nerves of the holy warrior and his swordsmen. They flee the combat but are cut down by the pursuing dryads.
    The spirits of the remaining hand gunner and crossbowmen is broken after seeing there beloved leader fall. The crossbowmen fail to put any of their shooting to effect.

The battle is over~

~ Träsange looks out over her beloved Biesbosch. Her eyes meet those of the fallen empire soldiers. She grieves at the sight of all those lives lost. But she knows she will need to defend her homeland at all cost. And she also knows this won’t be the last time she will come face to face with the armies of The Marienburgers “. But for now her homelands are save. ~

After an enjoyable morning of gaming the outcome is a win for the forces of “the Unending Circle”. We hope you enjoyed the Battle report as much as me and Zemaphore enjoyed making it.

Until the next time.

Jayz

Last edited by Zema; December 13th, 2008 at 16:53.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

well there we go First battle report done only a lot more to go

Cheers Jayz

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Very nice guys! 1st off, Rep to both of you

First time iveever seen a report like this, very awesome! Something different than the usual ''X moved,Y shot, Z died'' thing. By actually giving it an almost plot and script like read, i like it a lot, hope to see that again in the future. One line that really caught me:

''Then another volley of arrows Kills 3 more of the hand gunners. They are beginning to loose their spirit but manage to stay put.''

A non gaming person would read that and wouldn't really get much from it. But anyone into warhammer reads it and thinks ''a unit shot some arrows, X hits, 3 wounds. Ok, so 3 died, forcing a panic check, but they passed''. Atleast, thats hw i interprited it, and im assuming thats what hapenned? Im a huge fan of this kinda thing now, much better than just stating it rules wise lol.

One piece of constructive criticism (this in no way is meant to sound bad) I think going for the storyline style report, it could benefit from a little personalisation of key moments. For example (although pleas note i am in no way a pro at tis kinda thing myself lol):

''Another volley of the Glade guard reduces the Hand gunners to a single man who brakes and runs away.''
    =>
    ''Another volley of the Glade guard leaves a single handgunner standing. having lost his friends and allies, looking at the death bloodshed around him, his will breaks and he begins to run from the battle''

Basically something slong those lines

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

I enjoyed the pics and story.

Forumjayz, it sounds like you played a smart game, and Zemaphore, it looks like you suffered early with one of Empire's weaknesses, leadership.

I think whichever player gets his cavalry modeled/painted first will win the next game.

I was surprised to see that Empire had more shooting, but then the glade guard were more effective. Zemaphore, did you like the crossbowmen or the hand gunners more? That extra 6" of crossbows can mean a lot, especially when then the Glade Guard can sit just outside the range of the gunners.

So what kind of beer did you guys get? Who had the worst dice roll of the game?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good report. I liked it. Also fun to see a wood elves army win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

well thanks for all the complements guys

Phoenix: I tried to put as much personal things in it as I could without making it a slow read. I noticed I was overdoing it a bit so removed some parts to get it a bit more streamlined.

David: I can't remember the name of the beer but I know it was very tasty after the victor . and there were no real bad rolls in the game besides a unlucky leadershiptest at LD 8. moust other things went well. no miscasts or really bad shooting.

and In zema's defence it was his first game and my 8th or so (had played some online games before) and his knowledge of the rules hinderd him in his playing. even though he had 40 more points of models (his Hand gunner detachment wasn't supoust to be in the list) so he still had a modelcount advantage. he just got unluck and Might have underestimated the importance of the deployment phase a bit. Something that happend to me the first game aswell. It's just a lot different from 40K.

oh and I allready know what Zema's bringing for the next time. And I Kinda think I know what I want to take.

for the forces of The Marienburgers

Warrior Priest, Additional hammer and Armour of Meteoric Iron.

24 Swordsman with FC
    10 Halberdier Detachment

10 Hand gunners

10 X-bowman

10 Greatswords with FC

repeater volley gun

Total 738 pts.

for the forces of The Unending Circle:

Spellsinger, Staff and lvl 2

10 GG
    10 GG

8 Dryads
    8 Dryads

8 WD's with FC

Total 747 pts.

so that probably be what hits the battle field next time around

Cheers Jayz

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by forumjayz View Post
    Phoenix: I tried to put as much personal things in it as I could without making it a slow read. I noticed I was overdoing it a bit so removed some parts to get it a bit more streamlined
    Aha, that is true. Nice one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

still thanks for the comment always appreciate comments and suggestions. now it's on to work on the stuff for the next battle still Loads of work to do before the next Battle. another unit of archers to eat at my time .

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

542 (x8)

Always nice to read through a good battle report. This seemed like a great battle.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool battle report sounds like a really fun game.
    i especially like the picture by each stage of the battle
    Wood elf player- 2000 points worth, Autumn theme
    Empire player - 3000 points worth, Green and white
    Eldar player - 1500 points worth, Blue and white

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast