1000 Skaven vs High Elf - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Skaven vs High Elf

I played a friends High Elf army that had earlier destroyed a Vampire Count army and was looking for more victims. I brought my Skaven 1000 point army and we fought it out.

Sarin watched from the dark cave entrance as the army marched by him.
    There were more of them then he remembered heading south. Word from his clan was that they fought dead things and had gathered some valuables from them. The Plague Priest watched in awe as he glazed on the shinning armor of the elves. These valuables may help him earn blessings from the Horned Rat. “Mean manthings” a voice said behind him. Sarin turned around to the voice, it was the Warlock Engineer assigned by the Clan Warlord to his army. Shadowing the Warlock was his trusted Globadiers watching from behind there protective suits. “We tell the Warlord now. Yes-yes?”
    “No, we kill-kill ourselves”.
    With that Sarin walked back into the cave where his army waited. Just maybe, he thought, something of value would be found. That and maybe the Warlock would get killed in the battle. He didn't want anyone sharing in his glory or loot after the battle. The Horned Rat would want it that way.

Skaven
    Plague Priest (joins Plague Monks) = 119
    weeping blade

Warlock Engineer (joins Clan A) = 85
    WPA, WEC
    Warp Blades

25 Clan rats, standard, music, ratling = 200
    25 Clan rats, standard, music, ratling = 200
    20 Slaves = XX

24 Plague Monks w/2 handed weapons, standard, music = 207
    5 Globadiers = XX

Warp Cannon = XX

Elf

Noble ( Joins Swordmasters) = 116
    Foe Blade

Mage = 150
    Lvl 2
    Jewel of the Dusk

Mage = XXX

20 Spear Elves standard music = 195
    20 Spear Elves standard music = 195

9 Swordmasters = XXX
    5 Silver Helms = XXX

The terrian was most open and had little effect on the game. The Elfs stat up in a box like formation with the Swordmasters in the center with a unit of Spearelves on each side. The Mages both stood behind the Swordmasters. The Silverhelms where on his right side, my left on the Spearelves. I had the Plague Monks with the Priest on the far right, next to Clan unit B. Slaves in the center with the cannon next to them and slightly behind. Globadiers lined up behind the slaves and Clan A with the Warlock was on my left.

TURN 1:
    Sarin saw his enemy upahead and gave the single for his army to march forward. He looked back and could see even the warp-lighting cannon was keeping pace. This was going to be a good day to test out this new equipment his master had bought. Uphead he could see bright flashes on energy from the enemy but it only scorched the ground.
    Skaven
    Everything marched forward

Elf
    Stood ground, attempt to cast, out of range or dispelled

TURN 2:
    Sarin continued to push his army forward urging them to keep up with his chosen monks. The only thing that did not move was his warp cannon. He looked back to see if it was worth the cost. He was rewarded with a painful green light bursting from the cannon arching toward the enemy lines. He turned back towards where the enemy was and saw some burnt bodies in the center of there line.
    Skaven
    March again, casts Warp Lighting kills 3 sword masters

Sarin could see that the enemy was moving towards them now. He grinned to himself and turned to the monk next to him. “Manthings must not like burn-burn”.

Elf
    March everything forward, silver helms remain out of skaven charge distance, passes shield of Saphery on swordmasters

TURN 3:

Sarin eager so show his army what a great leader he his orders his men to form a battle line. Sarin however leads he own unit around to attempt to flank the enemy. No since being on the end of a spear he thought to himself. His happy mood was put to an end when he saw the warlock launching his own attempt to please the army. He used his own weird devices and launched a electric blast toward the mount Elves. To Sarin's disappointment 3 of the elves died and the others fled. “No one shows off in from of me!” he screamed. Before he allowed the Warlock to have all the glorly he ordered all of his guns to open fire. With a screaming whine the Ratlings unleashed a devastating barrage into the Elf Spearmen and the cannon joined in on the fun. A smile returned to his face as he saw bullets punch thru shields and armor.

Skaven
    Plague continuous to rush up right side, clan B marches 6in to stay out of charge, globs move behind clan A, slaves more a little left as well, warlock casts lighting on silver helms kills 3 flees 7 inches cannon kills one SM and one wound of lvl 1 mage, 11 shots with ratting into spears killing 6, 16 shots with second gun at the other group of spear men dropping 10
    Sarin was took busy watching the carnage that he almost died from a survivors spear. Sarin with quick reflexes just moved out of the way from a spear that would of killed him. He heard the sound of spears sinking into flesh and knew that those around him where not as quick. Sarin seeing a split second opening in the elf phalanx stabbed an elf in the face. All the elf could get out was a short grunt beford he fell dead.

Elf
    Silverhelms rally, spearmen charge plague monks, SM and other group move up, Saphery cast on SM and spear in CC. Spearmen killing 5. Priest fights back killing 1, Spearmen win monks lose frenzy but hold.

TURN : 4

Sarin did not like how things were going and did not want any more surprises his way. He shouted, “Slaves attack now, quick-quick”. Things were not going to plan he thought to himself. As soon as the idea crossed his brain he hear a pleasant scream. It was not from an elf, not but from that blasted Warlock. This he thought to himself was a good omen. He idea was further reinforced by more cannon and ratling fire.
    Skaven
    Slaves charge SM and clan A moves to block spearmen from charging into slaves. Globs move up left side of clan A to get in throwing range. Warlock miscasts and dies, cannon fires at swordmaster/lvl 1 mage. Misteriously spares the slaves and SM but kills the Mage. Rattling 1 fires 9 shots at unengaged spearmen killing 7, spearmen flee 7in. 2nd rattling misfires but no damage. Noble kills 2, Swordmasters only kill 3, slaves hold. Spearmen drop another monk and monks kill one as well. Monks when by pure size but spears still hold.

Good omen or not his line was being crushed. He cursed to himself as he heard screams of skaven die by the loads. Good slaves are hard to come by these days he thought. But it was when we heard the expensive globadiers kill themselves that he was really mad. He turned back to the problem at hand. Barely able to hold he own anger he grabbed a monk and used him and a shield and rushed towards the elf phalanx. He could hear the monk being stabbed dozen of times but it got the job done. He broke the phalanx and he and the monks took advantage and killed them to an elf.
    Elf
    Silverhelms charge globs they stand and shoot, none hit and 2 kill themselves. Mage is unable to cast anything. Silverhelms kill 2 and chances down the last. Noble kills 2, SM kill 5 slaves break and are chased down. Ends inch short of rattling gun. Spearmen kill one. Priest kills 2, monks kill 1, and spearmen break and are chased down.

Sarin whipped his blade clean and he watched the rest of the battle from a distance. No since dying now he thought. The two clan regiments closed in on the Elves with the broadswords. He watched as they cut down several before the overwhelming numbers could close in. A bright ball of fire erupted from where a ratling squad use to be. “We will need more of those” he said out loud. He watched the seconded squad open fire on the remaining mounted elves and cut them down.
    Skaven

Clan B rear charges SM and Noble, Clan A side charges, cannon fires str 6 hit and Silverhelms but no wounds. Rattling gun one fires 13 shots and kills the last two silver helms. Rattling 2 fires at sword masters but explodes. Noble kills one, and SM kill 4 from rear charge. No kills in return. SM and noble break.

Game Called

Skaven – 645 points killed
    Elf- 284 points killed
    Solid Victory

Sarin stood staring at his new prizes. A few more slaves, some bright shinny swords and his favorite, no Warlock. The Warlord will be pleased with him he thought. Hopefully happy enough to repay for the lost ratling gun. He gathered his forces and left the dead where they where, stripped of anything usful and headed back to the cave that lead to the tunnels. It will be good to be home. The Horned Rat truly has blessed.

Wow, what a match. All was going well for the Skaven tonight but I have to admit a few less lucky die roll in my favor and I would have been toast. Magic was the largest surprise to me as it seemed that his dice was not rolling in his favor. Even with my 3 dice cast and his 4 dice plus 1 bonus I was still able to get some stuff thru. The Ratling group 1 was by far the MVP of the game killing 15 models. In second would be the slaves which were able to hold the SM long enough for my 2 clan rats to get great charges into them. The biggest disappointment was the globadiers who only managed to kill themselves and then get ran over by his 2 remaining knights. Luck fully the ratling gun dropped them before they could smash into another unit. All and all I had fun and have to give me opponent a hand he was a good sport.

"Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

How were your Ratling Guns firing so many shots per turn? I thought it was 6 max each.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CapnCJ View Post
    How were your Ratling Guns firing so many shots per turn? I thought it was 6 max each.
    Well, 6 dice max anyway. The theoretical limit is 21 shots for a ratling gun, but nobody in there right mind will keep rolling the dice.

Good game. I have a friend who plays skaven who can't win for the life of him. Nice to see someone can win with skaven.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rolling two/ three dice well risky (i blew up my rattling gun remember and it back fired once) can plum out a lot of rounds. Roll a 6,5, 3 = 14 rounds. Even two high dice roll and you can get 10 shots easy. Granted on several of them i got lucky pushing it. However I also got blasted from doing so twice. Even after rolling two dice you only have a 33% chance of rolling one of the same numbers again. So yes I play a little more on the edge and I have lost my share of ratling guns. However, to play fluffwise and to win as skaven you have to be willing to push your luck. Skaven are an army that things can go wrong and you can blow yourself up and kill more of your own forces that the opponent does. Yet when they click like they did in this game they can be horrifying dangerous.
    Last edited by DarkKnight; January 25th, 2009 at 23:08. Reason: add to thought
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was under the impression that Skaven couldn't win at all. I was wrong. I am sad that the Elves lost, as a fan of Elves myself. I liked the story telling. That was a nice touch.
    "Our philosophy is beat it until it stops moving."
    "And then shoot it."
    "And then step on its nads!"-The Gamers 2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im probs being really stupid but im sure i read in the magic section you cna only cast 1 spell once a turn and you said he cast shield of saphery on both spearmen and Sm
    have i been wrong all this time? or was that a genuine flaw in this game

oh yh good game tho =]

i failed with skaven tho thats my fault for having 2 assassin adn only 2 clan rat units xD

oh yh and im gonna seem like a real **** by saying this but its difficult to read spelling needs amending dont flame me XD

was cool tho stop killing HE or my 1000 opint will have to challenge these pesky rats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has two mages, you can't cast the same spell from the same mage, but from different mages that's totally ok.

@Betrayal, If you are going to criticize others you may want to fix your own first. It's almost impossible to read your post with that god-awful grammar, don't forget capitals and to actually type out the entire word, no one here likes short forms.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry if any grammar or misspelling offends you, I wrote this like I do most of my comments in one draft. I did not know that I was turning it in for a formal review. Hurtinator is right his two different mages cast the same spell. I like the comments for the most part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one

All in all it was a awesome match. Love the fluff! Really added to it.

+ Reply to Thread