Vaul's High Elf battle reports: Pics, Commentary (Audio), and Video - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

Vaul's High Elf battle reports: Pics, Commentary (Audio), and Video

Welcome to my second major battle reports thread in which I will post many battle reports of High Elf games - if you aren't familiar with my style and videos you may want to visit my Tomb Kings batrep thread found here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...rt-series.html

Here's a look at my army so far:

Recently I played this army at a tournament in New Zealand called Tin Soldiers 2. A brief slideshow video of me explaining the army and list can be viewed here:

part 1 - YouTube - WHFB: High Elf Unveiling [p1/2]
    part 2 - YouTube - WHFB: High Elf Unveiling [p2/2]

I played a number of practice games with this army leading up to the tournament, none of which resulted in battle reports. I know some of you wanted to watch these, but the army just wasn't finished or even assembled completely during those games. but now, new reports are out! Click on the link below to view a playlist of all games that my high elves played in the tournament.

Complete 6 game + all participating armies overview playlist - YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Below: Golden rays shine down from the heavens as asuryan marks the favoured ones to lead the elves to victory

Below: Dastardly Dryads defy the dragon princes at dusk. A lot of D's were used in that sentence.

There will be more battle reports added to this thread as I play new games, over the coming weeks and months.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

Great job all around, from your tactics, painting, and everything else in between. I just finished watching your 5 games, the intro to your army, and the other armies set up as well. Took a while but was very entertaining all the way through.

I notice some of the people have quite a few of the older models, like the Wood Elf player, and the Lizardman player, nice to see some of the old models, brings back memories, lol.

One last thing I noticed that in your game against an ogre player you used a dispel scroll to dispel one of his spells that were in play, I'm pretty sure you can only use a dispel scroll on the turn that the spell is cast, and once it is cast, if it is a remains in play spell you can only dispel it with dice. Anyone want to back me up on this claim?

"THERE IT IS!! SHOOT IT!! SHOOT IT GOD DAMN YOU!!!"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good gracious, I didn't know Vaul was on LO (huge fan love you work blah blah)

I agree with you Bustacaps, I think you can only use a DS at the time of casting..
    Funnist warhammer moment ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr2jlCyCJBI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Great job all around,

Any chance of seeing your painted models a bit closer, as they seem to be fantasticly painted on these pictures.

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Nice - love the subtle paint job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen all your TK batlle reports and I agree with everyone else: great paint job, tactics, batlle reports, etc. I just happen to have read the same series of books as you about 6 months ago, i seem to remember they were very long each and there was like 4 of them or something, still fairly good though. Keep up the awesome work .

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Big fan of your Tomb King reports. Definitly looking foward to your High Elf reports.

Incidently I think a unit of 15 Lion Warriors would probably have the edge on 15 Pheonix Guard simply because the Pheonix guard generally wouldn't outnumber the foe.

In my experience once you get to unit strength 20+ then Pheonix Guard become more worthwhile as you can more rely on autobreaking the enemy,
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Really like the new army. The 'Divine of Death' models really give it a unique look and the bright color schemes should come out well on your vid reports.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

The batrep thread resumes with a new High Elf battle report - this time with a 'novelty' list that I would never use in a tournament. This one is just for fun.

High Elves vs Orcs & Goblins

1 - YouTube - WHFB: High Elves vs Orcs & Goblins p1/2
    2 - YouTube - WHFB: High Elves vs Orcs & Goblins p2/2

Below: Squigs beyond the hill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome battle reports I have been a fan of the Tomb Kings reports for a while now. I have to say it is a lot more fun to have photos and commentary rather than just text!. Keep up the good work and I cannot wait for the next report!
    "Never underestimate the value of doing nothing"
    -Winny the Pooh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast