Dwarfs vs WOC - 1500 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwarfs vs WOC - 1500 points

I just played my first game and just wanted to write a quick report how it went.

My first report, so sorry if it gets a little confusing

Dwarfs vs Warriors of Chaos – 1500 points

My opponent is very much an elitist, and his force resembled this

Exalted Hero – mounted with unknown items
    5 Chaos Knights, full command (Hero went here)

5 Chaos Knights, full command

5 Chaos Hounds

20 Chaos Warriors, full command, shields

20 Chaos Warriors, full command, shields

His whole army had a Mark of Khorne each

My force of Dwarfs

Master Engineer, Rune of Fate

Runesmith, Rune of spellbreaking

20 Warriors – shields & full command

19 Warriors – shields, full command and great weapons (Runesmith goes here)

10 Thunderers – shields, full command

1 Cannon – Engineer

1 Grudge Thrower – Engineer, Rune of Penetrating, Rune of Accuracy, Rune of Burning

1 Organ Gun

Deployment

My side had a hill in the left hand quarter, so I decided to deploy all my artillery on top of it, with The Runesmith warriors to the front, 2 units of Thunders to the right (10 wide), the other units of Warriors and then Thunderers to the right of that respectively.

I deployed the Runesmith warriors last.

Warriors of Chaos deployed with the Hero’s Knights on his far right (in front of artillery), with a unit of Warriors close to the right, the other unit of warriors to the right and the final unit of Knights on his far right. The Chaos hounds were deployed in front of the Hero’s unit

I won the toss, and elected to go first.

Dwarf Turn 1

Movement – None

Shooting – Cannon targeted the Hounds to the front of them, Grudge Thrower targeted the Knights behind. Guesses made, the cannonball landed perfectly just in front of the hounds – then stopped The grudge thrower hit but was an inch short so after partials were calculated – I hit and killed 2 Knights and 1 Hound.

Knights passed their break test.

Electing my shooting, everything targeted what was in front of them. As expected, my opponent deployed 1” back and nothing was in range.

Magic – None
    Combat -None

Chaos Turn 1

Movement – Everything marched forwards. He positioned the Hounds to block LOS to the Hero’s Knights from the Thunderers on the opposite side

Shooting – None
    Magic – None
    Combat – None

Dwarf Turn 2

Movement – None

Shooting: Grudge Thrower targeted the Knights, Cannon targeted the nearest unit of Warriors.

Grudge thrower scattered (despite re-roll) but clipped the edge of the unit of warriors – 2 dead.
    Cannon landed sweet as a nut on the second rank and bounced 10 inches – killing 3

Organ gun targeted the Knights and fire 8 (count them) shots – a few good rolls and the remaining 3 Knights were wiped out
    Thunderers shot at the Hounds, causing 3 wounds and making them break. The remaining 2 units targeted the remaining unit of Knights and caused 2 wounds.

Magic – None
    Combat –None

Chaos Turn 2

Movement – The remaining Knights lunged into my Thunders on the far right. I think my opponent is too used to VC as he looked shocked when another 2 of his Knights fell to Stand & Shoot – although the remaining Knight did hold.

His Warriors marched forward again. I reckoned from my initial round of shooting, I would see combat from these in 4 due to his 1” back tactic.

Shooting - None
    Magic – None
    Combat – His 1 lowly Knight Champion with 4 attacks caused an astonishing 4 wounds! Nobody to attack back and this led to a loss by 3 – which the Thunderers promptly ran away from and off the table.

Dwarf Turn 3

Movement – None – I was tempted to reform and reposition the Thunderers closest to the Knight, but figured it better to shoot

Shooting – Grudge Thrower aimed at the closest unit of Warriors, while the Cannon aimed at the remaining Knight.

Guessing done, I finally made a good guess with the Grudge thrower and placed the template dead centre –although I did have to re-roll the misfire & the scatter dice separately! (Gotta love runes). 13 hits, 7 dead. Did not break

The Cannon misfired, and re-rolled to land 7 inches shy. A bounce roll of 8 saw the Knight champion taken from his horse by a cannonball.

Organ Gun targeted the closest unit of Warriors – rolled a 2 and as I got greedy, I re-rolled onto a misfire – not shot this turn.

Thunderers next to artillery opened fire on the same unit, killing 2. The remaining unit of Thunderers opened fire on the other unit of Warriors and killed 3

Magic- None
    Combat - None

Chaos Turn 4

Movement – Both units declared charges, and both units fell short by an inch.

Shooting – None
    Magic – None
    Combat - None

At this point my opponent conceded as he didn’t fancy his chances against another round of shooting & realised I still had 2 full units of Warriors waiting to attack whatever finally made it to my line.

After game thoughts:

We both fielded Tournament army lists which is why each army could have been better suited (my opponent did state the major changes would be a sorcerer and a LOT more Hounds.

Although quite a cheesy list, my opponent liked it very much. He hadn’t played against Dwarfs before and wasn’t expecting such devestation from the Grudge Thrower. His 1 inch trick usually makes no difference as his opponent close the distance themselves with their own positioning, but against a shooty army it was a death knoll.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x3)

Congratulations, you wiped him out with a mere 10 losses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't lie, some of the guesses were very lucky - especially the cannon against that Knight Champion

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x3)

Yeah, guesses...I hate and love them at the same time. I think they must be quite fun - when YOU got the artillery...my O&G friend makes miracles with guesses, every time he kills my characters with his catapult he hits them exactly on their head. Well, anyways they're not a concern of mine, I'm quite satisfied with my Repeater Bolt Throwers. Maybe not as powerful as powder weapons, but a lot safer and the shot is almost guaranteed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

War machines really add an element of fun, can be devastating or can just misfire and do nothing. I play WOC but just got a hellcannon to try it out : )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

A small recommendation would be to replace one of your thunderer units with Quarellers. An extra 6 inch range and 30 more points to play with are pretty handy. Makes sure you can get some shots away in turn 1.

Very well done though, wish I was that accurate with guessing.
    Current painting project: 2300 pts of Dwarfs in 5 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The +1 to hit and +1 AP in honesty makes them much more effective imo - although truthfully I didn't need the full command on each

+ Reply to Thread