Tomb King Ra Seth Marched to WAR!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb King Ra Seth Marched to WAR!!

Last week, I have joined a league in my LGS. The league utilizes Throne of Skulls scenarios and rules, but there is no army composition / restriction used. Most of the players agreed to compete in a very competitive environment, much like a tournament. Hence the name of the league, “Rude and Gross”. Bring the cheesiest army you can and stomp your opponents badly. There are six battles played for each player per week. I planned to play my Dwarfs, but very little paints on them changed my mind. So, I brought my old and reliable Tomb Kings!

Not a very wise choice, I suppose. The current Tomb King book struggles against the newer armies out there. I have done several battles prior to the tournament. All of them ended in heavy loses if not massacred. After the playtesting, I brought the following list into the league :

Tomb King, Destroyer of Eternities, Collar of Shapesh
    Tomb Prince, Chariot, Shield, Light Armor, Sword of Might, Chariot of Fire
    Hierophant, Steed, Hieratic Jar, Dispel Scroll
    Liche Priest, Casket of Souls, 2 Dispel Scroll

10 Skeletal Bowmen
    2 Tomb Swarm
    5 Skeletal Chariot, Standard, Warbanner

4 Ushabti
    Tomb Scorpion
    Tomb Scorpion
    22 Tomb Guard, Standard, Champion, Icon of Rakaph

Screaming Skull Catapult, Skulls of the Foe

There are 12 players in the league. Here is the breakdown of armies and players who brought them :

Tomy, The Daemon General.
    Tommy, The Daemon General.
    Jovan, The Tomb King General.
    Alvin, The Dark Elf General.
    Abun, The Empire General.
    Renee, The Warrior of Chaos General.
    Sundoro, The Dark Elf General.
    Ramadi, The Lizardmen General.
    Mario, the Beastmen General.
    Steven, The Ogre General.
    Marwin, the Orc and Goblins General.
    Andri, The High Elf General.

So what are my chances against these seasoned generals? We shall see…

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SCENARIO I – BREAKTHROUGH

First game and I was paired up against Renee, a Warriors of Chaos General. He brought an army that we named “Mosquitoes”. Here is a rough list of what he took :

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch, Mantle of Chaos, Lv 4
    Chaos Sorcerers of Tzeentch, Disc, Lv 2, Collar of Khorne, Power Familiar, Bloodcurling Roar
    Chaos Sorcerers of Tzeentch, Disc, Lv 2, Rod of Torment
    Chaos Sorcerers of Tzeentch, Disc, Lv 2, ???

10 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh
    5 Marauders Horsemen of Slaanesh, musician, Throwing Axe, Flail
    5 Marauders Horsemen of Slaanesh, musician, Throwing Axe

5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle, Full Command, Banner of Wrath
    5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle, Full Command, ???

A very small army indeed but full of blastiness. Magic, he picks flickering fire for all wizards and infernal gateway for his prince. Other spells don’t really matter. He deployed sparsely with each knights and marauders on each flank. At the opposite, I deployed tight at the middle of the board. Tomb Swarm tunneled (dice in the middle of the board). Secret mission: control more hills. I lost first turn.

Pre-game Thoughts : This version of WoC is so small that I don’t really have a plan. I just need to force one incantation through each turn to kill one sorcerer.

Turn 1 WoC

Surprisingly the chaos warriors stayed put. Every cavalry blitzed the flanks. Daemon Prince hides behind the very big rocks. Mid sorcerers advanced a little, only to be in range of magic. Four flickering fire latter, only one ushabti down. Infernal Gateway failed to cast.

Turn 1 TK

I moved everything to face each threat. Chariot positioned themselves to charge the right flank cavalry. Prince ordered chariots to shoot again and failed to wound right marauder horsemen. Tomb King magic dispelled. Catapult shot in the magic phase and falls short while targeting left chaos knights. Hierophant healed one ushabti back. Casket ofcourse dispelled.

Turn 2 WoC

Renee tried to be aggressive with his sorcerers. Every sorcerers land in my deployment zone. Marauders advanced deeper into my deployment Zone. Right Knights hold their horses back, out of chariot charge range. Casket of souls become the primary target, Three flickering fires latter (one dispelled), only liche priest with one wound left. Right sorcerers shot flickering fire to the chariot. I was worried at first. If he rolled 6, my chariot will be doomed. But, I let it go. He then rolled 6! OMG, that is S7 of chariot doom. To my relief, he only rolled 1 for number of hits. So two chariot poofed into thin air. Infernal Gateaway killed one ushabti. Banner of Wrath Bound spell dispelled.

Turn 2 TK

Tomb swarm showed up and scattered to the flanks of chaos warriors. Dem… They wont hold long. So right tomb scorpion moved forward to help the tomb swarm battle. Left Tomb Scorpion and ushabtis turn around and try to position themselves for the “hurry up” magic of tomb kings. Tomb Guard moved forward, trying to achieve objective. Chariot moved back to face the lone sorcerer in the right flank.

Magic phase, the deciding turn. Tomb Prince single dice rolled 5 for moving again incantation. Renee took two dice and rolled 1 and 3. Now that is bad luck. Charged right sorcerer with the chariots. Tomb king ordered ushabti to move again and dispelled. Tomb King ordered tomb scorpion to move again and let go by Renee. Charged warriors to help tomb swarms. Casket priest tried to move ushabti and dispelled. Hierophant attempted to do the same. This time, Renee is out of dispel dice and the ushabtis hit home. Used the hieratic jar to push the left scorpion to hit the other sorcerer. Casket of souls goes off and did nothing. Wow, that is more than I have predicted. Every crucial spell went off.

Shooting, catapult locked on target. Scattered but only 2 inches. Two chaos knights dead. Skeletal bowmen lucky shot struck the neck of a chaos knight (he rolled one for armour save). Passed panic test. Combat, chariot killed the sorcerer and did not overrun. If I did, I will be flanked by marauders. Ushabti didn’t kill sorcerer. Yep that is 9 attacks and only one wounded. Despite of the unlucky roll, he broke and crossfired by the skeletal archers. Scorpion failed to kill the sorcerer and each did one wound to another. Sorcerer held. Tomb swarm did nothing and scorpion killed one warrior. Drew combat.

Turn 3 WoC

So Renee is left with less power dice. Right horsemen charged chariots. Daemon Prince bailed far so he wont be caught by any of my units, even with magic. Magic finished my casket priest and infernal gateaway is scrolled. Scorpion finished the sorcerer. The other scorpion and swarm broke the warriors and caught them. Marauder horsemen put one wound to the chariot (even with flails) and another one from the horse. I hit back, killed two, broke and caught the rest of the horsemen.

Turn 3 TK

The scorpion charged the remaining two knights. The knights fled in fear of killing blow. Chariot positioned themselves to charge the flank of the right chaos knights. Tomb Guard advanced to claim objective. Tomb Scorpion moved to face the left marauders. Ushabti turned their facing to Daemon Prince. Chariot attempt to flank charge chaos knights was dispelled. Tomb King pushed the tomb guard further across the board. Catapult killed one right chaos knight.

Turn 4 WoC

Chaos knight rallied. Daemon Prince didn’t moved much. Chaos Knight went nearer into my deployment zone. Flickering fire dispelled and Infernal Gateway killed six tomb guards.

Turn 4 TK

Scorpion charged knights again and they fled again. This time too far, reaching the horsemen, and fled off the board. Moved further into the enemy deployment zone. Yay, reached them (with can not march army I might add). Chariot tried to find the rear of the knights. Magic not worth mentioning. Hierophant moved out of tomb guard unit with magic to support chariot. Catapult either misfire or scattered far.

Turn 5 WoC

Horsemen marched to the flank of scorpion. Daemon prince landed near the center of the table. Knights went into my deployment zone. Flickering fire dispelled and infernal gateway failed to cast. Marauders throws axe and put a wound on scorpion.

Turn 5 TK

Ushabti charged the horsemen and to my surprise, they hit home (clipping by 0,1 inch). Chariot raced to the enemy deployment zone. Magic not worth mentioning any more. Shooting has no target. Ushabti killed three and broke the horsemen. Failed to catch them though.

Turn 6 WoC

The marauders failed to rally and ran off the board. Daemon Prince moved to the center of the table. Flickering fire put a wound on hierophant. Infernal gateway failed to cast.

Turn 6 TK

Chariot reached objective with the help of magic. Catapult scattered far despite the locked on guess over the Daemon Prince head.

So 1062 – 270 in favor of Tomb Kings!

A good start in the league. But my high VP win made me worry my next opponent because daemons will likely get heavy VP win. At the end of week 1, first daemon player massacred a dark elf player 1523-0. The other massacred OnG player 1575-0. I think I need to mention this, the second daemon player has no experience with daemon. He brought them because daemons are broken. -_-! So, I was paired with another power list, Dark elf Black Dragon Black Guard list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Very nice battle! Well played

Nice to see such a battle report, I hope to see more of them!

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

....at first there are no cigarettes on the table, but as things start to go bad for chaos we start to see them in all the photo's....coincidence....!?
    That was a nice report...I wish more people could post with pictures, although I do honestly love the 'paint' maps that I see, real honest-to-lucifer's-beards snapshots are so much fun since we can see the models and terrain and (hopefully) key points.
    The legions of Palos[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=100375

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Palos View Post
    ....at first there are no cigarettes on the table, but as things start to go bad for chaos we start to see them in all the photo's....coincidence....!?
    Haha, didn't notice that one until you pointed it out!

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I don't blame the guy, thing was, when i used to smoke, or DM, if the game was especially tense, i might go through a whole pack....
    The legions of Palos[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=100375

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Good stuff. Nice win and nice report. Always good to see a batrep with pictures and the TK taking down one of the new power books.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Great report can't wait to here more.

Good luck for the rest of the league and good stuff for taking Tomb Kings.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second battle report against dark elf is halfway done. Too many life matters hindered me from finishing the report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SCENARIO II – PITCHED BATTLE

Next, I was up against Alvin. He brought a dark elf army that is roughly like this :

Dreadlord, Crimson Death, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Pendant of Khaeleth on BLACK DRAGON
    Sorceress lv 1, 2 dispel scroll
    Master, BSB, ???

25 Spearelves, FC
    10 Repeater Crossbow elves
    5 Dark Riders, RxB
    5 Harpies
    5 Harpies

5 Shades, GW
    20 Black Guard, FC, Banner of Hag Graef, Ring of Hotek (!!!)

Hydra
    2 Reaper Bolt Thrower

A very powerful list. One of the most standard Dark Elf power list out there. Alvin is not a pure powergamer. He plays his WoC for fun games but I cant really blame him when he took his dark elf to the league. There is too many hype that changed a man into winning frenzy or more likely not to be grinded the whole league. Guess, Alvin is one of them. FYI, other dirty lists are bloodthirster daemons and slann two engine lizzies.

Game board

Pre-game strategies : I have no intention to win this battle. I have give it a lot of thought. And I mean a LOT. There is little chance to take down the general. Almost impossible to wipe out the entire Black Guard unit. I will deploy at the corner of the table and go for defensive. My casket and catapult will be deployed at the rear of my ushabti and catapult at the corner of the table. I dont need LOS for them as their primary target is hydra and black dragons which are large targets. Catapult will try to find the hydra as it is a flaming attack. I will shoot harpies and dark riders with my chariot and bowskel. How does this sound?

Deployment : I get exactly how I wanted to deploy. I am using the pond as a natural defenses so the enemy will have a hard time reaching my lines. I tunneled swarms and a scorpion at the left flank. One scorpion guards the left flank of casket. His blackguard in the middle of the board with black dragon on my left flank, across the lake. His shades on the right flank forest. BTW, he proxied ghouls as harpies so don’t be confused.

Secret Mission : Ok, this is the hard choice. I don’t think I can kill the general, destroy the most expensive unit (black guards), take hold of the forest (there is no way my army can take hold of this), destroy more special and rare (hey… all of my special and rare slot is filled), or marching three scoring units to his deployment zone (I am on defensive). So, I take assassinate general. Not viable but it is I believe the most possible to do.

Turn 1 Tomb King

Well, not often I got to move first. Everything but skeleton bowmen and chariot, stayed put. Magic only force catapult shoot at the hydra. Locked on target and scattered…. Second chance at the shooting phase, same guess, and scattered again… Bowskel put two harpies in front of them dead. Chariot bows killed one dark rider. Harpies passed panic test (with ld 6)

Turn 1 Dark Elf

Dragon landed just before the pond. Black guard, spearelf, and hydra marched full speed. Sorceress and right harpies hide behind the right woods. Shooting, left RBT put a wound off the scorpion. Other shooting, they killed several skeleton bowmen.

Turn 2 Tomb King

Tomb Swarm showed up and charged RBT. And everything else moved backwards and away from the enemy. Ushabti and Tomb Guard close the gap, leaving no place for the dragon to charge SSC or Casket. Magic forced some shooting off. SSC finds a good dead on guess but misfire! I cant shoot two times. Healed the skeleton bowmen unit. Skeleton bowmen killed another two harpies and chariot finds another dead rider in the magic phase. Both passed their panic test. Skelbowmen finishes the last harpies (damn, he always passes a Ld 6 test). Chariot fire did nothing. Tomb Swarms easily kill the crew.

Turn 2 Dark Elf

Dragon charged the scorpion. RxBmen moved forward to reach ushabti with their bows. Btw, we didn’t really move the dragon to face scorpion because we were afraid to damage the dragon’s paint. The dragon is painted by a very professional commission painter in our club. And yes, it was very nice. Everything moved full speed again. RxBmen did nothing to ushabti. Massed firepower destroyed 2 chariot. Black dragon and lord easily finished the scorpion and overrun off the board.

Turn 3 Tomb King

Everything is still according to my plan. Tomb Scorpion showed up. Tomb Swarms charged the rear of the RxBmen. I don’t charge the scorpion to help the swarms because I thought they would be enough. So the scorpion moved to help the center battle. Chariot try to find the flank of the black guards. Magic forced catapult to shoot, dead on, and scattered again (This is why I call them hit or miss weapon. Sometimes it did wonders, sometime it didn’t do S**T). Okay, another chance for the hydra kill. Dead on guess (well, that is five times dead on) and MISFIRE!! Roll for misfire table. ROLLED 1!!!! Damnit, my SSC did nothing this game and blowed up!! Bow shooting killed several black guard. Swarm killed 1 elf (he saved 2 out of 3 wounds with 5+ save) and the elf retaliated with 2 wounds. Elf passed the break test.

Turn 3 Dark Elf

Still no charges. Shades moved out from the forest. Hydra changed facing to the scorpion. Dragon moved behind ushabti and casket. Facing to the front. Flame breath killed around 10 tomb guard. Black dragon now is represented with the white dice behind the casket. No problem. I have the answer to that. I just need to reform and magically charge my ushabti and hope that they can hold the dragon for a turn. Everything moved forward again, but this time more cautiously. Shooting destroyed another two chariot (yes, he rolled good). RxBmen put another 2 wounds of swarms and swarm killed 2 back. Elf passed their break test.

Turn 4 Tomb King

Okay, I find myself in a crucial turn. With only two chariots left, I moved the chariot into the flank of the black guards. Scorpion decided to help the swarms. Hierophant move out from the tomb guard block to support magic. Reformed the ushabti. Magically charge the ushabti into the dragon. Magically charge the chariots into the flank of the black guards. Healed five tomb guard back. Shooting killed several spearelfs. Combat. Chariot killed a lot and won combat but as you could have predicted. They hold with Immune to Psychology, Stubborn, and BSB (damn you, Gav Thorpe). And the ushabtis. They did the average two wounds off the dragon. The dragon and lord hit back. With hatred he got 8 hits in. and 2+ to wound, he got everything in (yes, he rolled zero ones). When the dust settles, my ushabtis are a goner. This has cost me the game. Why? The dragon are free to charge casket and he will kill them, then overrun into the rear of the tomb guards which spells doom to my army. I have realized this and my mood has gone downhill from here and on. But, I do continue the game. RxBmen put several wounds in and swarm did nothing. Swarm crumbled.

Turn 4 Dark Elf

As expected, he charged the casket. Spearelf and hydra moved forward to help the upcoming tomb guard battle. Shooting put a wound on scorpion and killed the hierophant. With general around, no damaging crumble test. Black guard wounded the chariot but at the flank, I still won combat and forced a break test which he passed ofcourse. Again as expected, he easily kill my priest and overrun to the rear of the tomb guard unit.

In this picture, the dragon is at the rear of the tomb guard. Marked by the white dice.

Turn 5 Tomb King

Crumble test did nothing. Scorpion charged the RxBmen. Stand and shoot put another wound off the scorpion. Nothing really mattered as my magic has been diminished. Bowskel killed an elf. Black guards destroyed the chariot and crumbled my prince. The curse killed five black guards. The Black Guard unit only has 2 men and bsb left. Scorpion killed one and RxBmen put a wound in. I lost combat but it is undead construct. Black dragon and lord killed a gazillion tomb guard and crumbled more. Leaving only my front rank.

Turn 5 Dark Elf

Hydra decided not to charge the tomb guard unit, where the spearelf failed their fear test. He tried chilling wind at my skelbowmen where I dispelled. Shooting reduced the skel bowmen to five skeletons. Challenged the lord with my lord. I put a wound off the dragon and he ward saved (khaeleth) the other two wounds. Dark Elf retaliated and put five wounds (four transferred to unit). Crumble test wiped the unit. The curse put another wound off the dragon. Scorpion put two wounds at the elves but he saved them (two sixes). They did nothing. Lost combat but didn’t matter because undead construct.

Turn 6 Tomb King

To my surprise, everything passed their crumble test, including skel bowmen with ld 4. Bowmen killed a dark rider to bring them half points. He passed his panic test. Scorpion did a whooping three wounds at the RxBmen which he saved (yes, that is another three sixes). His luck is too much in this game. To add to the insult, he put a wound in and scorpion crumbled to dust.

Turn 6 Dark Elf

Spearelves charged my last unit on the board, the five skeleton bowmen. Right there, I shaked his hand.

3248 – 602 in favor of the Dark Elf!

Okay, I have question for you, my readers. I don’t know but is my decision with the ushabti is not wise? Is my tactic a mistake? It started well. But the SSC keep missing, and blowing up. Do I really make a mistake in this game? For me, this is just the best example where every well put plans and tactics can go to waste if you are unlucky or rolled horrible. Augmented by the brokenness of the dark elf book ofcourse.

Next, another dark elf player but with quite balanced list. Three cold one rider unit and one cold one chariot, backed up by two rbt, a hydra. Will be playing him, next Monday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast