Prince's Battle Report Thread - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Prince's Battle Report Thread

This thread was for an Escalation League I ran and played in, but since that ended I'll just be using it as a thread for my own Battle Reports. Hopefully you enjoy.

Last edited by EmoJosh; February 19th, 2011 at 07:34.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds like an intresting event. I shall be rooting for the Bretonnian representitive. Which army are you useing? I wish you the best of luck, even if you are not fighting for the glory of the Lady.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I'am one of the Skaven players, going up against Chaos Mortals tonight.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I look forward to this thread, cool that you have such a diverse group!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Week 1 Game: Skaven vs WoC-500 Points

Skaven List:
    Warlock Engineer w/ Lvl2 Upgrade, Warp-Energy Condenser

20 Clanrats w/ Musician, Standard and Warp-Fire Thrower
    44 Slaves

10 Gutter Runners

Woc List:
    Chaos Sorcerer w/ MoT and Talisman of Protection

2x 10 Warriors w/ FC and Shields

We played the standard Battleline Mission, which everyone did this week to get into the flow of things. Terrain was 5 pieces of a 4x4 board because of the small point totals. In all we got a Sinister Statue (represented by the Cygnar Power Generator) a Bane Stone, (the well) a Mysterious Forest and aMist-wreathed Swamp, represented by the carpet.

I very annoyingly set the Sinister Statue right by the Banestone so if the Warriors walked by them, it would likely do more damage. Sneaky Skaven tricks!

James The Loud "Louderman" before his Chaos.......hordes.

Skaven army setup, Clanrats don't rank up so well yet.

I rolled up Warp Lightning and Scorch and he traded for Flickering Fire of Tzeentch. I grabbed the first turn and took it.

Gutter Runners move to try and March Block and do some damage with their Throwing Stars, the Clanrats hold fast while the Slaves make a move to the left so I can flank charge without being in range of the Banestone.

Scorch goes off and kills 4 Warriors, he Dispels Warp Lightning and one Warrior feels a Throwing Star in the back but they easily pass their Panic.

Warriors begin their advance passing their Leadership to March and deciding to ignore my Gutter Runners. The Sorcerer's Flickering Fire goes off with Irresistible Force at my Warp Fire Thrower! He rolls 3 S5 hits, but I pass both Ward Saves and he loses 3 Warriors when everyone touching the Sorcerer takes a S10 hit. The Horned Rat watches over me.

Skaven continue shuffling into position knowing I have plenty of time. In Magic I get an Irresistible Force Warp Lightning, killing his last two Warriors and wounding the Sorcerer but making me a Lvl1 Wizard and forgetting Scorch. The Throwing Stars killed two Chaos Warriors with some amazing dice.

The Sorcerer turns around, determined to kill something while the Chaos Warriors press on, narrowly avoiding the hateful statues range due to being March Blocked. Flickering Fire kills 3 Gutter Runners who flee for their lives as a true Skaven would.

The Gutter Runners fail to rally and run off the board, their contracts fulfilled. I move the Slaves into position. Magic kills the Sorcerer with 8 Warp Lightning hits, cheers going up from the suddenly brave ratmen. The Fire Thrower went off with the perfect distance, killing 3.

Chaos charges! Only after the Statue decides to claim two of them though, they were unworthy. Combat sees him kill 3 Clanrats while I kill one back (the Musician) but win due to Musician, which of course breaks him. He outruns me but I charge him during my turn and the Chaos Warriors are routed!

So that's my Week 1 game, a 10-0 win of Warriors of Chaos! I will post an update when all the weeks results are in. In the mean time, here's some pics of other games involving the League players.

Brettonians face off against Dwarves under the gaze of a Sorceress Portal. Dwarves ending up winning with superior firepower and the Thane butchering many Knights.

High Elves against Warriors of Chaos, the same ones I played against actually. Ended up being a nail biter with Poisoned Arrows via a River killing the last Chaos Warrior on Turn 6 for the Crushing Victory!

Hope you guys enjoyed, I will continue to take pictures of games when I can and post them here, hopefully I can do some Battle Reports for other people's games. Thanks for reading so far!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Wow, fantastic pictures and simple "to the point" descriptions. Can't wait to read more.

And woot for the skaven victory!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Aww poor guy, he never really stood a chance. At such a low point level WoC has a hard time vs Skaven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The paint seems to have fallen off the models...
    レモンの入れもんいい入れもん。

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Yeah his plan is to lose early than win big later by being in the bottom bracket. :]

We all started playing less than a month ago so....yeah painting isn't a priority. Don't expect to see much for awhile, just actual fun stuff like games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Week 1 is over with a lot of surprising results. Many players snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, such as an entire Dark Elf army fleeing before 1 Dragon Prince and a VC army exploding their General with a Miscast. The Leader Board currently looks like this:

10 Points-Skaven
    10 Points-High Elves
    10 Points-Dark Elves
    10 Points-High Elves
    10 Points-Warriors of Chaos
    10 Points-Wood Elves
    10 Points-Empire
    10 Points-Vampire Counts
    7 Points-Wood Elves
    7 Points-Ogre Kingdoms
    7 Points-Brettonians
    5 Points-Tomb Kings
    3 Points-Beastmen
    3 Points-Orcs and Goblins
    3 Points-Skaven
    0 Points-Dwarves
    0 Points-Warriors of Chaos
    0 Points-Lizardmen
    0 Points-Wood Elves
    0 Points-Vampire Counts

We also added a Demon player (all Khorne!) and another Empire player.

People have been getting things painted very quickly (not me) so I will try to put up some pictures in addition to more games. Some of the best looking so far include an Asian inspired Ogres army, a mix matched Empire army and the Khorne force.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast