Best Magic Phase ive ever had - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Magic Phase ive ever had

So i was playing a 2k game against a Chaos player his army was:lvl4 Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord with/armour of destiney in a unit of 20 Tzeentch Warriors with/FC and shields,8chaos knights of nurgle,four units of mauraders and a hellcannon with some extra magic items here and there
    My armylann Metal Loremaster,Cupped hands,BSB in a unit of 20 FC Temple Guard
    X3 units of 20 FC Saurus
    Skink priestw?x2 dispell scrolls
    X1 unit of 8 skink skirmishers and X3 units of 7
    Scar vet w/Horned one,lt. armour,shield, and gold sigil sword

He had first turn and just marched forward got a 3 and a 1 for winds and casts call to glory,gets it and i use a d.scroll
    My First magic Phase i roll two 4's for winds, and cast the boosted searing doom on his knights which are just in range,i use three power dice plus my bonus and get irresistible force,so i first resolve the damage and get 11 hits but only 6 wounds, then roll the miscast double 2's, then i roll the cupped hands, get a 6 and pass it to his T.sorcere lord,who takes the hit and fails his 4+ward save,then the big dice roll comes....its a ONE!!! in one magic phase i caused his knights to panic and kill his Lord Sorcerer needless to say it was a massacre! And all on my 21st birthday too! good way to start the day

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Nice! I hope you gave him a rematch though

I wiped out 24 of 30 Horrors the other day with Enfeebling Foe and Dwellers, the daemon player had just a beautiful look on his face once I'd done it "I'll not be letting you pull that one off against me" he says, forgetting how many IFs I can generate with Teclis/Book of Hoeth... such a beautiful combination of spells!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    Nice! I hope you gave him a rematch though

I wiped out 24 of 30 Horrors the other day with Enfeebling Foe and Dwellers, the daemon player had just a beautiful look on his face once I'd done it "I'll not be letting you pull that one off against me" he says, forgetting how many IFs I can generate with Teclis/Book of Hoeth... such a beautiful combination of spells!
    Kind of takes the fun and strategy out of the game I would say. Good reason not to play with special characters.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

would have to agree sirkently its just lame to hide behind special characters althoug to be fairs its only a few that are broken in this edition but that few makes it worth banning them all.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Daemons have their own brand of insane special characters - we just enjoy using them, it makes it more dramatic. He's planning on bringing Fateweaver next time, and we'll have a 2v2 match with Teclis + ??? v Fateweaver + Morathi. Once I can make my own special characters with their own unique rules, then we can forget special characters. Until then, they provide something you can't replace elsewhere.

Although saying that Book of Hoeth does the job - and that's a magic item I can give to anyone I like. No need for special characters!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant have 2 dispel scrolls anymore, or 2 of anything for that matter...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabackhand View Post
    cant have 2 dispel scrolls anymore, or 2 of anything for that matter...
    Well spotted
    My Deathwatch Campaign

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

although, a dispel scroll + a cube of darkness is a very nice way around that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    Once I can make my own special characters with their own unique rules, then we can forget special characters.
    God, I miss being back at home, where we could use selfmade characters
    The Silver Knights of Tor Adrac (He): 26/2/4
    The Spears of Slaanesh (Woc): 7/2/5
    Battlegroup Chalybso (GK): 7/3/3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabackhand View Post
    although, a dispel scroll + a cube of darkness is a very nice way around that
    Only if they are on separate characters.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast