Most unlucky game you've had? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Most unlucky game you've had?

Just finished a 2250 point match vs my brother. Dont remember the exact items etc from the armies, but since this was the worst game i've ever had, it doesnt really matter

Vampire count vs Bretonnia 2250points.

Vampire count army:

Vampire lord (lvl 4)
    Talisman of preservation (4+ward)
    Helm of commendation (sp?)
    Vampire hero (bsb)
    Armour of destiny (4+ward)
    Wight king
    Wight king
    Necromancer
    (the rest of the items doesnt matter)
    30 ghouls
    30 ghouls
    34 grave guards
    22 zombies
    Varghulf
    ------------
    Bretonnia:
    (rough estimate, as I dont recall the exact number of troops)

lvl 4 prophetess (lore of light)
    lvl 2 damsel (lore of beast)
    lvl 2 damsel (lore of beast)
    (a bsb of some kind, dont recall)

trebuchet
    3 grail knights
    18 knight Errants
    40 men-at-arms (halberds)
    6 questing knights
    3 pegasus knights
    ---------------------------------
    (I played vampire count this match)

The idea was to mass raise zombies, keeping the vampire lord out of combat so he could transfer his weaponskill to the newly formed zombie hordes, but alas, fate would have it otherwise.

Turn 1:
    Vampire count goes first (bret prays to the lady)

Everything matches forward, nothing interessting happens.
    Magic fase:
    12 dices for me (due to powers/channeling) 5 dispells for the bret.
    Everything looks promissing.
    I decided to start off slow, making the bret spend his precious dispell dice, so I went with my lvl 1 vampire BSB, casting Raise dead using 2 dice.

Its a Double 6, but I succesfully summoned a small unit of zombies!
    Miscast results: 4, followed by a 1 (wizard got killed + S10 large template hitting my grave guards)
    Failed his wardsave aswell.

Next up, my lord decided to see if he could do better, so I cast raise dead with him with 2 dices.

Its a Double 6 again! luckily I manage to stay alive with the lord, but loosing 3 lvls (and all my raise spells which i based my summoning army upon hehe)

nothing futher happens this turn.

Bret turn 1:

He moves everything up, lining up for some charges.

Magic fase:
    double 3's for winds of magic.

His lvl 2 damsel goes first, casting "The Amber spear" on my vampire lord's unit (lore of beast, magic missile fires like a bolt thrower) he rolls 3 dice, and gets irrisistable force
    Spell goes off, directly towards my lord. I make my "lookout sir" and.. its a 1!
    oh well, he rolls to wound and is succesfull, I fail my 4+ ward save, and he rolls a 6 on the d3 wounds, causing 3 wounds on the vampire lord, killing him in turn 1.

Needless to say what happend with the remaining undeads in the following turns. so there ya have it. most unlucky game i've tried to date hehe.
    45mins of setting up terrain, and deploying armies to have the game last 10mins

do share your stories if you have tried anything simular

Quote Lord Borak
    Now now lads. This is a forum about grown men playing with toy soldiers. Lets be adults please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

well thats definetly worse than my worst =/
    Perhaps there's an underlying message whispering "don't play vampires, Vanish. Goblins are what you want."

My worst was an intro game for a friend a few editions ago:
    He borrowed an bunch of skeletons with a catapult and a vampire while i had large Chaos Knights regiment, and some warrior units.

The Knights armed with lances charged a unit of 15 skeletons and they were about to start dishing out some real hurt, when amongst all their mighty sweeping blows, they failed to do a single wound on the lousy infantry. The skeletons killed 3 of the knights and they fled. That pretty much decided the fight down at the centre =/ weird times they were. He still plays the game, switching armies every now and then, but i doubt he'l ever choose to start a chaos army.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

i dont know what you did to anger the dice gods, But that is some seriusly painful bad luck

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Man, that game you had sounds awful.
    My worst was against Skaven with my Brets. He had 1st turn and rang the bell, result: all cavalry take panic tests, result: General + damsel + 12 strong knights fothe realm off the board, BSB + 12 questing knights off the board, Pegasus knights off the board, 6 knights of the realm off the board. WHAT?!
    That left me with a unit of knight errant witha damsel, a trebuchet and two units of 10 bowmen to take on an entire skaven army. I got shot to pieces, didnt make combat at all, and the only reason i wasn't tabled by turn three is because my trebuchet was too far away from his army.

But that was back in 6th edition. More recent bad luck involves having 8+dispel dice in every phase with my Orcs and not getting to use a single one against teclis who always got irrestistable force (every single spell the entire game).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Similar thing happened to me with my vampires allied with ogres. I got first turn and double 6 for magic, didn't have any healing back to do so it was a bit over the top. First spell was an ogre one on 2 dice, got irresistable force and the butcher couldn't cast spells for the rest of the game. Next spell was van hels on 2 dice, irresistable force again and the necromancer lost his wizard lvl and his only spell. So in my first magic phase I lost 2 of my 4 wizards on unnecessary spells. First shooting phase my scraplauncher gets a misfire, roll a 1 and its destroyed. That was my worst game and first turn.
    "Knights had no meaning in this game. This wasn't a game for knights."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Played my Wood Elf against Skaven. Having a large block of 30 Archers with flaming banner to kill his Hellpit. Also had a Spellweaver lvl4 with dwellers Below and Throne of wvines plus some more. 6 Tree Kin and a Treeman ++. And a Alter Kindred Hero With Hail of DOom. At least in the first round of combat.

I start the game and move mye treeman and tree kin forward. towards the Hellpit. In the Magic Phase i rolled 9 and channel. So i use three dices to get Throne of Vines. It works. Then i used 6 dices for Dwellers Below on his massive block of Plague Monks. I got Irresistable and rolled horrible on the miscast table sucsessfully killing my mage and luckilly only two archers. The dwellers that went on my opponents Plague Monks block in an insane lucky roll from him only killed 6 monks and a pretty useless hero.

In my shooting phase i first tried Hail of DOom arrow on the plague monks block. I got two 1s and a 3.. The 5 shots killed two monks. The Archers fired at the Hellpit who seemed to be impossible to hit as my 28 remaining archers only hit with 7 Arrows and wounded on 2. So much for shooting him down.. So it was my opponents turn.

He rolled lucky with his hellpit that charged straight into my Treeman. Then i he moved the rest of his army forward. In his magic phase i cast first Dread something and killed 27 of the 28 remaining archers.. OUCH! The last one fled. Then he cast something that lovered the toughness on my Tree Kin. In his shooting phase he got a lucky shot with a warp lightning cannon and killed my alter hero. With two mortars he killed three Tree Kin. And his slave took two additional wounds of one that was left. (forgot the damn slings!)

In close COmbat he took 4 wounds with impact hits from the Hellpit and killed my treeman before i had a chance to hit back. the hellpit then overran straight into my a Dryad Unit.

So in round two i had no more Lords/heroes. 10 remaining archers, 2 Dryad Unit. Three Tree kin (one with only one wound) and two wardancer troups. And a hero that was supposed to move my block of archers to safety using moonstone of hidden ways.

He had only lost a wound on his hellpit and 11 of his 30-40-ish plague monks.

The next round he defeated one of my dryad unit and i killed a few clanrats. in his next round he magic killed a wardancer troupe. shot down my last hero and the archer unit and charged my tree kin with hellpit and plague monks. in round three i surrendered having only a dryad and wardancer unit left on the board.

Pretty bad game in my oppinion.. :/

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

My dice are notoriously deceitful. They'll start a game rolling well, and then tank when I need them most, or they'll act like a capricious woman- failing me early on but then trying to regain favor late in the game. There was one game though, where they were insubordinate little lumps of plastic the whole way through.

My Warriors were up against a pretty basic army of Dark Elves. Starting the game, my Hellcannon misfired and exploded in the back of my lines. After rolling To Wound and Armor/Ward saves, literally half of my troops were dead. I field small units, and exploding Hellcannons deal D6 wounds.

Undaunted, I continue on. In the magic phases, I cannot generate any dice at all, rolling things like 2,5 or 1,6. When I do get dice, I either fail to cast, or I miscast and kill more of my troops.

I led the game in kills until Turn 4, and they were all my own troops.

Finally, the icing on the cake:
    My Chosen are fighting hard against a regiment of Corsairs, and doing well (given the poorness of my dice). However, I whiff a round of combat and eat dirt in return. Now I'm testing against 'Insane Heroism' to stay in the fight. I need to roll Snakes to hold. Drum-roll please...
    Double 6's
    My regiment breaks and flees. So now it's time to roll to flee/pursuit. The drums start up again and...
    Double 1's.
    I wish I was joking. I almost threw my dice out into the car park.

This is a regular occurrence for me. I showed up to a 7th ed tournament once with an army made up of minimal Seaguard, regiments of Dragon Princes, maxed-out RBTs, and Teclis. Everyone was complaining that the army was too cheesy to even be allowed on the field, and I lost, based on bad dice. So much so, that other participants were considering chipping in some of their prize cash to buy me a new box of dice.
    But that's not the problem- it doesn't matter what box of dice I touch, I always roll horribly. Not "I always roll low, which is good for LD", no, I will consistently roll whatever number I don't want.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    Not "I always roll low, which is good for LD", no, I will consistently roll whatever number I don't want.
    You are not alone, I stand with you against the dice gods that have forsaken us.

Together we shall be known as..."insert bad roll for creativity"... The consistently bad rollers!!!

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Sometimes only a few low dicerolls are required to completely ruin the entire game. Although often it's not just rolling poor, but the opponent rolling too well in conjunction.

At the start of 8th edition my dwarfs foguth 2250 against a khorne daemon list ( All the standard stuff, which is still hard as hell: 2 heralds and skulltaker ( *sigh* ) on juggers ( didn't know about the sniping yet ), 3 units of 20 or so bloodletters, 2 units of fleshhounds and karanak ( *sigh* ) and 2 units of flamers ). Going kind of 'myeh' and in the combats of the 3rd turn about 4 attacks are directed at my BSB. 3 killing blows...
    Luckily I was immune to those, yay.
    And then I only manage to make 1 save of my 1+ rerollable..

BSB dies.. super..

Very next thing that happens? My lord & hammerers lose against another bloodletter unit. I'm stubborn on ld 10 and I roll 10. Phew. O, woops nope. The daemons have some -2 ld banner.
    Awesome.
    And then I roll 4 inch or so to flee and my 700 pt unit gets killed.

I failed those 2 rolls. Result -> Massacred. Daemons less powerfull than 7th my ass

And to top it off after nearly everything is swept off the table: A cheapass thane with great weapon faces skulltaker. He ( obviously ) does his killing blow in the challenge. Lucky me I have a 2+ against flaming attacks and skulltaker has flaming attacks. I roll a 1. Awesome..

I can't remember anything nice about that battle apart from my cannon blowing 1 of the heralds into a million pieces in one of the last turns. Everything else was the standard daemonic butchery. When winning combats the reward was 1 or 2 daemons poofing, which is highly agitating as it's hard to beat them anyway Damn you Matt ward, damn you testplayers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... don't remember any entire games where the dice just hated me, but like everyone else I've had a few little bits and pieces just go horridly wrong.

Dreadlord on Manticore charges 3 silver helms in the rear. Fluffs *all* his/mount's attacks, loses combat via resolution, flees, cut down. T_T;;;;
    [...] So I burst into his office and exclaimed, quite frankly, "That's Numberwang." As I recall it, he cried.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast