Orcs And Gobbos V Cult Of Slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

I have been running a league for the last couple of weeks with 5 of my friends. The battle between my green horde and the Slaanesh horde was good fun with a huge amount of carnage involved.

Orcs and Gobbos

Black orc warboss
    Battle axe of the last Waagh (+d6 attacks per turn)
    Enchanted shield
    Talisman of protection
    Boar
    Heavy armour

2 Night goblin shamans each carrying 2 dispel scrolls.

14 savage orc boar boyz (biguns) with general in
    Banner of butchery

15 savage orc boar boyz with boss and standard

2 units of 10 wolf boyz with short bows

3 river trolls

10 savage orc bozy with warpaint and bows

50 night goblins with 3 fanatics

Cult of Slaanesh

Lvl 2 Sorceress as general

Annointed Druchi on steed of slaanesh
    10 cold one knights (annointed in unit)

20 Daemonettes

25 Devotees (Slaanesh witch elves)

4 repeater bolt throwers (owie owie ow)

Unit of shades

The table was broken into 6 segments for scenery:

Top left had some trees but far into the corner so had little effect, top middle had a hill, Top right had some hedges.

Bottom right had a wall complex, bottom centre had a tower, and bottom right was empty.

The cult of slaanesh rolled and won the choice of who got which end, choosing the end with the hill. Deployment was written in secret. He deploy 2 bolt throwers on the left and nothing else. His 3 combat units were lined up on the right flank, daemonettes on the left, cold ones in the middle and Devotees on the right. The remaining 2 bolt throwers were on the far right and the shades infiltrated into the bottom right corner behind the walls (with the sorceress in the unit)

Orc deployment was straight forward, I wanted to use the open ground on the right to get my cavalry moving. It happens that my deployment was very similar to the Cult of Slaanesh player, with my trolls lined up against his daemonettes, the savage orc biguns facing his cold ones and the other unit facing the devotees. The wolf boyz were on the far right ready for flank charges or to pester the repeater bolt throwers. Savage orc archers on the far left with night goblins inside them.

Turn 1 : Cult of Slaanesh goes first.

Battle line moves forward. Nothing happens in magic. Repeater bolt throwers kill 5 boar boyz at long range in one hit (which really hurt). Shades shoot up the unit of savage orc archers.

Orc turn 1:

Everything passes animosity with a little help from the black orc warboss. Trolls and boar boyz move forward, wolf boyz move in front of the boar boyz as a screen. Night goblins march forward and savage orc archers turn round to face the shades. Shamans hit the daemonettes with a brain bursta (2d6 s 4 hits) killing 5. Goblins shoot at devotees, 1 dead (much rejoicing among the gobbos). Savage orcs shoot shades killing 2.

Turn 2 Cult of Slaanesh:

Cold one knights and devotees charge wolfboyz, wolfboyz run away having failed fear test. Devotees fail charge, cold ones redirect straight into the biguns on boars. Daemonettes charge trolls, triggering the fanatics from the night goblins. Only one fanatic hits causing 2 measly wounds. Daemonettes continue with charge into trolls. Magic gets very dispelled due to lots of dice from units in combat. Daemonettes kill a troll, trolls kill 4 daemonettes. Dead troll gets back up as it regenerates 2 out of the 3 wounds it took (gotta love them). Trolls lose combat but pass break test and stick around. Druchi annointed issues challenge, boss in unit accepts, boss in unit promptly gets butchered with 3 overkill wounds. remaining cold ones do no damage. Boar boyz lose combat by 1 and pass break test (phew). All 4 bolt throwers again fire at one available unit of boar boyz, killing a further 4 (unit strength now down to 6 from 15, ouch).

Turn 2 Orcs:

Fleeing wolf boyz rally and mill around doing not much. Night goblins fail and animosity test and look for something friendly to bash, mercifully nothing available. Shamans fire 2 brainbursta's and a gaze of mork at shades causing huge casualties. Combination of mushrooms and extra casting dice from combat. Remaining shades get shot at leaving 1 left standing next to the horribly exposed sorceress. Wolf boyz carry on shooting Devotees taking out another couple. The horribly shot up boarboyz see the chance for revenge and charge the flank of the cold ones. Trolls lose 2 wounds and kill a couple of Daemonettes, troll once again regenerates and gets back up. Trolls lose combat and run like girls. Druchi annointed issues another challenge, answered by the boss in the flank charging unit of boar boyz. Once again boss is suitably massacred. Black orc warboss goes into blend mode with 10 attacks against the cold ones killing 4. Between kills and flank charges and outnumbering the cold ones break and are trampled by both units of savage orc boar boyz. Night goblins carry on marching relentlessly toward the bolt throwers on the hill.

Turn 3 Cult of Slaanesh:

Devotees turn around to move after the boar boyz that have just piled past them. Daemonettes turn around and move back toward their end (where most of my army is). Magic is denied again. Repeating bolt throwers all fire at the savage orc big uns, killing 8 in one go (yes 8!!&#33. Big uns fail panic test and run. No close combat.

Turn 3 Orcs:

Savage orc boar boyz take off toward the bolt throwers on the right. Big uns rally, thank god. Both units of wolf boyz fail animosity tests and sulk. Night goblins carry on up the field. Shamans vapourise the sorceress and the last shade.

Turn 4 Cult of Slaanesh:

Devotees turn around again toward the previously fleeing boar boyz. Daemonettes move towards the front of the boar boyz. Bolt throwers in the open fire and kill 3 boar boyz, leaving 2 of them (mercifully they are still frenzied and ignore the panic test) Other bolt throwers shoot at the big uns killing a couple, down to 3 by now. Pass panic test, just.

Turn 4 Orcs:

Savage orc boar boyz charge bolt thrower, big uns charge daemonettes. Wolf boyz pass animosity. Night goblins finally move to within charge range of the bolt throwers on the hill. Savage orcs kill both crew members of the bolt thrower and over run it straight into the next bolt thrower. Big uns kill 6 daemonettes, due largely to black orc war boss and banner of butchery (which hadn't been previously used as the unit was charged). More daemonettes die as a result of failed leadership test. Wolf boyz and shamans turn on devotees causing lots of casualties. Devotees down to about 5 models.

Turn 5 Cult of Slaanesh

Devtoees fail to charge into the rear of the big uns. Savage orc boar boyz beat up second bolt thrower. Big uns finish off daemonettes. 2 remaining bolt throwers on hill fire at wolf boy unit killing 8 out of 10 of them, gobbos pass panic test Who said gobbos have a lousy leadership.

Turn 5 Orcs:

Night goblins finally charge the bolt throwers on the hill, after what feels like a very very long march. Wolf boyz and shamans finally kill the last devotee. Bolt thrower crew gets killed by night golins. Bolt thrower crew next to them roll a double 6 on the panic test and run thus making them the only dark elves not dead at the end of the game.

It was a very good fun game to play with huge casualties on both sides, touch and go for the orcs at the beginning but having the black orcs leadership kept them in it.

Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

Green is best! Well done, haven't played a DE Cult of Slaanesh yet, can't wait to have a go at them though. Much different from regular DE army in retrospect? :hmm:
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While the Cult of Slaanesh was supposed to be Dark Elves with Chaos added, all the armies I have seen/played are primarily Chaos, with just a few Dark Elf units thrown in. I personally really dislike the list, but I have a good friend that thinks it is awesome (it is a good list, it fixes the dark elves lough tougness units by adding chaos warriors and such, and gives chaos shooty stuff and scouts). But yes, Green is da best!
    Nik-Nak's Horde of Goblin Liberation
    W/L/T
    4/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

Seen the list, but haven't seen it in action as yet, so I'm really interested in anyone's experiences against the list, especially with O&G's!
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

It was the first time I had played a cult of slaanesh army so wasn't sure what to expect. Ihave a dark elf army so am quite familiar with what they can do, but combined with chaos, hmmmm.

All the Druchi heroes/lords are a lot harder than in the normal DE list as they can have daemonic gifts etc and can ride steeds of slaanesh. It is worth bearing in mind that the army general has to be a sorceress though, even if she isn't the lord. Mark of slaanesh means that most of the army is immune to panic so no running away when flank charged or units break near them.

Devotees of slaanesh are like witch elves on acid. Completely immune to psycology but have 2 basic attacks and an additional hand weapon. Also 1 point cheaper than a witch elf. Be careful when charging them as they can have something called soporific musk, this halves your WS and I when in base to base contact with them. Mercifully I killed them all with missile fire and magic.

Wasn't too impressed with the Daemonettes, but apparentely the can be mounted on things that charge 20 inches, nasty.

In all it takes the best elements of a DE army and combines it with some spangly chaos shiznit and works pretty well. Everything moves fast. As I said I have a dark elf army and will be getting some chaos warriors etc so I have a cult of slaanesh option.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

+ Reply to Thread