I Had A Strange Situation... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I was just resting after a hard day of school in our school Warhammer Club. I was supposed to support one of my friends, who played against a Chaos force. When I was preparing a place for the next two hours one of the experienced gamers looked for a match. Everyone apart from me was already engaged in battle. So I tolled him that I would hapilly play against him. There were two problems...
    1)I had NO models
    2)There were no free codexes.
    I knew that people would lend me their "extra" models, but the lack of any codex was a larger problem, when suddenly one of the Club members entered with a Codex of the Empire calling out "Whose is this?". I grabbed it quickly and started to make an army list of 1,500points. There were two new problems
    1)This was my second game for 1,500 points
    2)I never played with or against the Empire before!
    Anyway with a small help I organised a nice force that I hoped could beat the High Elves. (dont remember the names correctly)

Lord
    Templar Lord
    Sword of Power (dont know if its this one, it gave a 2+S NO it was not a Great Weapon)

Hero
    Wizard
    lvl2
    Dispel scroll
    Wand of Power (+1 power dice when casting)
    Lore of Shadows

Core

9 Knights
    Steel Banner
    (Full HQ)

20 Sword men
    (full HQ)

10 Huntsmen

20 Hand Gunners
    (full HQ)

12 Crossbows
    (full HQ)

NOTE: Dont remember this part correctly

Hell Fire Gun (called it Helga)

Great Cannon

The result was a draw, its good for someone who never played Empire before! (I had 27 more Victory points than him) Our both Generals with Wizards survived. I had my Hand Gunners, Hunters and Knights all in one piece. He had his Wizard and Pheonix Guard, his Chariot was on the run.

During this battle I found out how good in range guessing I was! Each time I fired the cannon the guess range was always just before the chariots I fired at, so even if I threw a 2 on the artillery dice the chariot would be destroyed.

The Night Bringers
    "May the Darkness Preserve us!"
    Win: 1
    Loose: 1
    Draw: 1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its always good to pull of a win or close draw with an unknown army
    the good thing about empire is that they can do everything in an ok way and have no serious drawbacks
    did you enjoy playing with them? do you think you might use them again?
    Maireann croĆ* Ć©adrom i bhfad - A light heart lives longest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was choosing the army list I was sure that I will have a minor defeat or worse. Somehow I prepared the right army, my shooting was unbelivable, and because of this game my ranking of most fave. armies changed.

1)Empire
    2)Vampire Counts
    3)Beastmen

I have somewhere the army list I used for the Empire, perhaps this is my lucky army? I will definetly play this army more often! I am planning to make a special model of Helga and a Templar Lord.
    The Night Bringers
    "May the Darkness Preserve us!"
    Win: 1
    Loose: 1
    Draw: 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are going to be disappointed with the Empire. Especially when their regiments start fleeing all over the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the empire army doesnt flee all over the table, thats a load of balls

any army that isnt well led is going to have problems where its regiments are prone to running (with the possible exceptions of dwarfs) the trick is to capitalise reducing your opponents leadership and enhancing your own, ergo - if you put a character in the regiment or keep it within 12" of the general (a pretty big area), then youre NOT going have them running away constantly, unless youre a goblin or a skink, in which case it is unavoidable
    Maireann croĆ* Ć©adrom i bhfad - A light heart lives longest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

always a good acheivement to draw against a good gamer . I would try empire out for a while . It sounds like you can use them so have an armie and play with them so you know your weaknesses
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>THE REAL SHADOW ELF IS HERE&#33;&#33;</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The tyranids will rip you to peices as soon as they rip your friends</span></span>

+ Reply to Thread