Orcs Vs Wood Elves 2000p - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

A MASSACRE with da mightey Orcs n Gobo's this w/e. Lotsa woodelf heads were chopped, and a large dragon got a little squished by an even larger foot.

Army list: (2000)
    30 Savage Orcs (323)
    30 Savage Bug Un's (40
    9 Gobo Wolf Riders (90)
    4 Rock Lobbbrs (280)
    2 Doom Divers (160)
    2 Gobo Shaman (280)
    1 Savage Orc Big Boss-G (133)
    1 Savage Orc Great Shaman (325)

I had first turn. Movement. Hmm, nothing! I failed animosity with Big Un's but I didn't want to move them anyway. Magic. Foot landed right on top of his Forest Lord. 6 Hits. 1 on Lord, wounded, 5 on dragon, 5 wounds :o It turned out that this ridiculous luck wasnt needed anyway. Shooting. All four Rock Lobbers guessed about 2 inches in front of the dragon. Two scattered in the right direction and hit, killing his Lord, and then his Dragon. A quarter of his army was now gone. Doom Divers 'missed', gobbo's were hitting a very large but very dead lizard.

:lol: Half his archers started fleeing next turn, as well as his dryads. He was able to rally everything immediately except 5 archers though <_< He advanced his Great Eagle Hero, Mage, 2 Treemen, and Wardancers. His magic was nothing compared to mine, and I&#39;ll note here he didn&#39;t do any damage with his magic the whole game, although I did use my 2 dispell scrolls on some scary MotStone. He then shot at my wolves. :rolleyes:

I decided to advance my wolves, but unfortunately they decided otherwise. The only movement Orcs and Gobo&#39;s have done so far has been within their ranks. Didn&#39;t matter. Magic. Foot killed the eagle and wounded the Hero. Shooting. The stone throwers didn&#39;t have any luck this turn, two missfired and the other two missed. However a doom diver hit the dryads, killing three.

My wolves were on the far right, artillery on far left, and Orcs were left middle. Because they were closer and uprotected and less scary and maybe due to a bit of inexperience, he moved 1 treeman, 10 wardancers, and eagle hero now on foot towards the Gobo&#39;s. I really wanted to believe the gobo&#39;s could actually win, but realised the overkill. In my turn I moved them closer to the wardancers but passed the treeman to get out of his l.o.s. During this he dispelled my foot, my artillery killed 5 archers, his archers killed 1 wolf, and i continued not to move my orcs. He charged the wolves, they fled, he chased.

In my fourth turn I :o moved my orcs, keeping my shaman behind them. Then in my magic phase I cast Hand to charge his treeman. They&#39;d advanced half the board in one turn, it was a nice surprise. Foot was dispelled, Lobbers killed another 5 archers, and a doom diver did 4W to the other treeman (the one that saw the wolves run past him). The 1st treeman was wounded but didn&#39;t break.

He moved some, shot some, and then the real battle. My General was able to get 2W with 6A. My Big Un&#39;s didn&#39;t get a single wound even though they had 19A all up.
    His treeman broke, and fled 3. I chased, 3. . Had to go to the rule book to prove equal still means woodchips for Treebeard.

He wasn&#39;t so annoyed straight away because at least I hadn&#39;t rolled 5 to make it to his wardancers that were running sideways after my Gobo&#39;s. The Gobo&#39;s btw had made about 40in across the board and were still going (they were flanked to begin with and it was impossible to actually go any other direction) Then he realised it was my turn. Charge. Chop. Heads, er, rolled.

He was able to flank charge me with his dryads the next turn. He killed three. I could still attack back with my General, but he did nothing. Add up the points. 3W, Flank=4. Outnumber, Standard=2. Oh, but wait, skirmish dont negate rank He fled, more woodchips. The End.

I missfired and destroyed a Doom Diver in that last turn, which tripled his VP to 125 (45 from wolves). I killed a solid 1347, +100 for general, +100 for bottom left corner.

Difference=1422=MASSACRE

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice job. The wood elf player didn&#39;t seem very good.. :glare: nd why on earth didn&#39;t you move your orcs? :blink: But anyway good game.
    Battle record.
    W/D/L
    Ultramarines:6/0/1
    Orks: 4/0/1
    World eaters:1/0/2
    O &amp; G: 5/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Not moving my orcs and waiting for the enemy to approach them has been the most successful strategy I have found. Which is kinda weird I admit, my friends keep telling me it&#39;s the most unorcish thing to do, especially since I&#39;m taking savage orcs. You should try it. My opponent was a random person I found at a mini tournament, so he was totally unprepared for this strategy and so that&#39;s why he seemed inexperienced.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Treeman couldn&#39;t be broken in close combat? But nice job killing his dragon in the first turn. Good report all around (Y) .
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='color:orange'>Ancient Proverb: There is No Arguing With the Barrel of a Gun.</span></span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great report. good seeing greeniez win. foot of gork is a awesome spell well done killing his dragon on turn 1
    &quot;Fight like gobbos&quot;- Skarsnik

+ Reply to Thread