High Vs Lahmian 1650 Pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me and my gf had a game last night, she had lahmians, i had high elves. there were magic items but i cant remember all we had so i left them out.

VC consisted of
    1 lahmian thrall, quick blood power,

2 lvl2 necrarchs with lore of death

30 skellies
    Champion,
    standard bearer.

30 skellies
    champion
    standard bearer

20 grave guard
    standard bearer
    champion (thrall in with this unit)
    banner of the barrow wights

10 dire wolves

black coach

High Elves

2 lvl2 mages with high magic and hevenly magic

15 spearmen
    full command

20 spearmen
    full command

11 archers
    muscian

5 silver helms
    champion
    standard bearer

5 silver helms
    champion
    standard bearer

15 swordmasters
    full comand

2 bolt throwers.

Turn 1
    After rolling for spells (my spell rolling was awful, i got drain magic and second sign on the dice but i also ended up with a spell that causes fear (no2 heavenly list i think) and vauls unmaking) Philly went first,
    moving her GG and skellie units forward 4 inches and also her black coach 8. Her dire wolves ran forward heading for my bolt throwers. Her magic raised skeletons which i let her have raising about half a dozen more skellies on one of the units.
    My turn came round and i moved forward eight determined to take the charge, my SH raced up both flanks to hit the flanks or the rear of the units and that black coach which had me worried. Im the magic i cast my second sign and got 1 re roll.
    Shooting i decided i would ignore the dire wolves for now and go for the black coach. I missed with one shot including with the re roll and my second shot just bounced off leaving it unharmed. I was beginning to feel rather scared.

Turn2,
    the dire wolves charged into my bolt thrower crews four men against ten wolves with slavering charge.
    Movement saw Philly edge closer toward me, her grave guard threatend by my silver helms moved forward at an angle so that if i charged it would be on her front. The black coach also moved into a position that would hurt if my angles were off.
    Magic saw her raise more skeletons but nothing more i was really glad that she hadnt rolled for curse of years or hand of death.
    The combat phase saw one bolt thrower crew die and one wolf go down, with her rank bonus and my high ground meant a drawn combat.
    For my movement i moved forward some more trying to entice her into charge so that i could get full use of my spermens three rank attacks. My silver helms moved up some more to keep away from that coacha dn try to get into angle to strike.
    Magic phase saw me with two more rerolls and drain magic dispell scrolled away.
    And in the combat phase the dire wolves lost combat by 1 and so lost a wolf as well.

Turn 3.
    Phillys next movement took us all closer together with still no comabt though and i knew it would close up soon. her magic faze saw yet more skeltons to the field but i dispelled it and that spell that allows charges (sorry im doing this from memory without the books) her black coach by this time had completly turn around to face the two silver helm units that were on either side of the board.
    In combat, the dire wolves and BT crew killed 1 each again which again resulted in a draw and so that stayed in play.
    I moved barely an inch forward and charged my swordmasters into one of the units of skellies. I postinoned both ilver helms in a way that whicher unit the black coach charged it would find itself flank charged by the other unit.
    Magic gave me a three rerolls and saw my drain magic dispelled again and the re rolld i used in the shooting phase to put a dent in the GG. i caused one wound and didnt even dent them.
    The swordmaster carved up 4 skeletons with six attacks and took none in return, (now theres a surprise) and more skellies fell due to combat res.

Turn 4.
    The skeltons and GG charged into the two units of spearmen. The black coach launched itself at one unit of silver helms, hit them broke them and ran them down, which left me unable to flank charge it in my move phase.
    Magic saw more skellies clawing there way our of the ground into a five man unit on my sword masters flank.
    The combat finally saw the demise of my BT crew and only three wolves remaining, these charged off the board and then came back on.
    combat this is when my entire battle went complety arse over tit.
    The spearmen lost to the wights and ran, and were ran down.
    the general paniced and went off the board,
    the spearmen beside him paniced and went off the board,
    the other mage paniced and went off the board
    all i had left were my sword masters and archer who were to far away to do anything and one unit of silver helms.
    my turn four saw me charge my Sh into a unit of skellies that were attacking my SM.
    Magic well none as my wizards had legged it.
    combat more skellies died from both the SM and SH.

Turn 5.
    Philly postioned her GG to flank my sword masters. the black coach charged intot he rear of my silver helms and the five man skellie unit hit my other flank. oh boy this was not good and the dire wolves hit my rear. Oh and then my sword masters failed their fear checks.
    Magic saw more skellies and i had nothing to dispell with as both wizards were runnign for the hills.
    Combat saw the dire wolves run down my sword masters and the black coach butcher the silver helms.
    Philly had won and quite well,

the game was fun despite the fact that i was virtually wiped out, by the last turn my SM were completly surrounded and i had nothing but archers way over the other side of the board. i couldnt believe when i failed four panic checks in a row it was awful to watch, but highly hilarious for everyone else watching lmao. I didnt mind so much because it was fun and i enjoyed it. now if i can find a way to avoid all the ribbing my girlfriend and mates give me. My elves have a habit of running away lmao.
    as a side note this is second time i have played my gf VC, i got slaughtered the last time as well.
    and oh yes i hate the black coach.

Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I was curious if her Lahmian ever got into any action, do any damage, beguile any elfies?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

urm no it didnt aside from walloping a few spearmen that was really the oly action the GG got
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is the Black Coach so dangerous? What are its stats? :huh:
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='color:orange'>Ancient Proverb: There is No Arguing With the Barrel of a Gun.</span></span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

urm sorry cant tell you that breaches copyright, what i can say is that the more stuff teh black coach kills the more harder it gets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well hello there, I was just browsing the Internet for some information about the lores when i accidentally stumbled across this site. I thought it was a great forum you have here, so I decided to post a message here, for fun.

I read trough the battle report, it was fun to read and I imagined how the battle was played whilst reading. I am a vampire counts player myself, perhaps some of the reason I read this battle report at all, but I have some comments.

I know the Lhamians can be good vampires, but honestly I don’t like them. Their powers aren’t really that powerful. They cost to much, leaving less magical items for your vampire lady, and even though they are quick, they cannot afford expensive items which gives them armour and ward saves (in my opinion, a 5+ ward save is not enough, even for a vampire, they need an armour save). I prefer a good blood dragon, they only receive –1 power dice and totally destroys everything they should encounter.

Why do you even play with skeletons? Did you know that they are nearly as expensive as grave guards if you equip them fully? I mean, I know they are core units and that you can raise more of them during combat, but man, their weapon skill is at 2, something which causes nearly every troop in the game to hit them at 3+ and their light armour and shield just aren’t enough at repelling attacks, the skellies will eventually crumble. Zombies however are great, they don’t kill anything, but can tie enemy units who you really don’t care to send your expensive combat units at, and which are not too powerful (can’t have them destroying 40 zombies in two turns), you should leave your tougher units against such opponents. Anyway, skellies sucks, they are the ultimate waste unit, and I can’t come up with anything good about them. They cost nearly the same as grave guards, only with –1 strength, toughness, weapon skill, initiative, –2 armour save and –5 leadership (useful when general dies).

A black coach? Woah, that sounds kind a waste of points for me, but then again it can be devastating. Elven bowmen wont even scratch its armour, luckily. However, the bolt thrower can be nasty.

Perhaps I will post here again if you reply to my message.

My name is Magnus Hestsveen by the way, and I live in Norway.
    If zombies always strike last, what happens if you just don&#39;t attack them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with your point about black coach... pure waste of points
    gets taken down easily by war machines
    I dunno about your skeleton part, 1 unit of around 20 is pretty good but dont go over too much or waste of points
    i would use skeletons for necromancers to summon lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A unit with 20 skellies only equipped with spears is at 205 pts, with light armour, the cost comes up to 245. A unit of 20 grave guards without halberds, but the other things is worth 290 pts. Thats about 45-85 pts difference for units with +1 weapon skill, strength, toughness and initiative, much better armour save and leadership and in addition to that, they might choose between a number of juicy banners to improve their combat abilities even more. So my point is, why go skellies, when you can take on grave guards for nearly the same price? What about your core units you may say? Deploy a pack of ghouls and some zombies and that problem is solved. Skeletons are way to expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree skellies suck , i only use zombies just for their fear factor for making troops run nothing else. i use things such as bat swarms , coach,grave guard and bLACK KNIGHTS to do the real work.
    &quot;Fight like gobbos&quot;- Skarsnik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve never tried bat swarms before, i would rather take a pack of spirit hosts. You need to tie troops up, both units are good at that, but a bat swarm can&#39;t hold up large monsters like dragons because they eventually will be killed (toughness 2, yikes&#33. With two packs of spirrit hosts, you outnumber the dragon and its attacks wont do anything (unless it has a powerful riders with a magic weapon). I would rather go spirit hosts than bat swarms.

My black knights always fail in their duty. They always fails their to hit rolls when they charge and crumble to dust because of the enemies rank bonus and outnumbering. Their weapon skill should real be higher, and even though their armour save is at 2+ i always seems to roll a bunch of 1 on my armour saves.

Yeah, grave guards are the best, they are cheap and rocks everything they opposes. A unit of 20 grave guards with the banner of barrows and a powerful wight lord of vampire thrall in its front line can even take down a unit of chaos warriors or sword masters. If you use "vanhells dance macabre" either with a necromancer or the book of arkhan they can be real dangerous because you then increase their charge radius to 16" (if you manage to pull the spell of then however, if the enemy is playing with a lot of spellcasters, this is a risky tatcitc).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast