Dark Elves VS Bretonnian, Halting the Tide. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Elves VS Bretonnian, Halting the Tide.

This was a battle i had against my friend the other day. He tried out Dark Elves against my Bretonnian army, It was halting the tide & i had 650pts, he had 1300pts. Heres the army list.
    Dark Elf
    HEROES
    Dark Elf Noble-Sea Dragon Cloak,Shield,Heavy Armour,Cold One,Blade of Ruin. Total=158
    Dark Elf Sorceress- LvL 2, DarkStar Cloak, Dispel Scroll.(Doombolt,Soul Stealer) Total=187pts
    Assassin-Additional hand Weapon,Manbane,Hand Of Khaine. Total=179pts
    CORE
    15 Dark Elf Warriors-Shields, full command. Total=145
    15 Dark Elf Warriors-Shields,Repeater Crossbows=180
    SPECIAL
    15 Executioners-Banner of Murder,Full Command. Total=240pts
    RARE
    11 Black Guard-Full Command. Total=211pts
    GRAND TOTAL=1300

Bretonnians ( This list is Ok by th Tournament Rules so please i do know that i need another core & a BSB but they werent needed in the the Tourney)
    HEROES
    Paladin-Virtue Of The Joust,Lance,Barded Bretonnian warhorse,Shield,Curiass Of Fortune=125pts
    Damsel Of The Lady-LVL2, Chalice Of Malfleur(Mistress Of The Marsh,Master of the stone)=125pts
    CORE
    8 Knights Of The Realm=Full Command=216pts
    SPECIAL
    3 Pegasus Knights-Champion,Standard bearer.Total 185pts
    GRAND TOTAL=651pts

Sir Pierre le Blanc looked down at the Bretonnian shoreline from his barded Warhorse, The Dark Elves were massing an invasion to gather slaves & all that stood between the vile creatures & their victory. He caught a glimpse of Charlotte the Damsel out of the corner & turned his steed to face her. "The Lady is with us today" he spoke slowly as he raised a gauntleted hand to block the rays of the setting sun. The Damsel nodded & began to speak "The cursed ones come in great numbers, i have sent A group of Knight Errant to the castle for Reinforcements...Our sacrifice will not be in vain.

The battle was layed out like so- On the left flank a Large wood was placed about 6" away from the Bretonnian deployment area. The Dark elves had a hill on which to place their crossbowmen. The terrain funnelled towards the middle of the board with not much room for flanking manouvers. Unless willing to go through terrain.

Bretonnian turn 1. (we decided that even though i prayed the Bretonnians would get first turn as the Halting the tide mission says the defender goes first & it made sense fluff wise)
    Sir Pierre raised his sword & pointed at the Dark Elf battleline, his face set in a grimace, he knew his men were good soldiers & would die rather than lose their honour. The Knights Of the Realm with Sir Pierre move towards the Dark Elves, Charlotte the Damsel ran into the woods & the Pegsus knights took flight towards the Dark Elf battle line & landed just on the edge of the woods. Charlotte cast master of the stone on the Crossbowmen & several fell but the elves kept their nerve.

Dark Elf Turn 1.The Dark Elves moved forward to engage the stupid proud bretonnian Knights & formed a battleline. The Black Guard & Executioners faced off against the Knights of the Realm & the spearmen moved forward towards the Pegasus Knights. Doombolt was successfully dispelled & Shooting against the KOTR was uneffective. A rather uneventful turn for the Dark Elves

Bretonnian Turn 2.The Pegasus Knights charged the Spearmen & The knights Of the Realm charged the Executioners. Magic was dispeled by a scroll. The Pegasus Knights took down 3 Dark Elf spearment & won combat but the Druchii held firm. The Knights Of the Realm ripped through the Executioners Broke them, disapointingly they got an abysmal overrun roll & were set up to be flank charged by the Black Guard & the Noble next turn.

Dark Elf Turn 2-The Black Guard & the High Born charged The Knights of the Realm & they passed their panic test. The Sorceress cast Soul stealer but miscast & took a wound. The Bretonnian Knights were massacred to a man in the following combat. & the pegasus killed another 4 spearmen again but still the Druchii spearmen held.

Bretonnian Turn 3- The departing of the Knights Of the Realm with the paladin took away the major part of my army but many dark elf casualties were still to be had. With The Pegasus in conbat, it was straight to magic. Master Of the stone was cast on on the Crossbowmen & it punished them severly sending them fleeing after a failed panic, although it wasnt quite off the table. The Pegasus knights also decided that now was the time to dish out some pain & broke the spearmen & ran them down.

Dark Elf Turn 3- To start the turn the Crossbowmen rallied,The Black Guard & The Noble ran into the forest to get the Damsel & the Dark Elf Sorceress turned to face the pegasus knights & attempted to cast Doombolt on them but it was easily Dispeled. The Crossbowmen were out of range.

Bretonnian Turn 4-The Pegasus Knights charged the Sorceress & the Damsel ran around the woods some more to avoid the evil hearted elves. The Damsel tried to cast Master of the stone but failed. The pegasus skewered the sorceress & kept going.

Dark Elf Turn 4- The Black Guard & Noble kept trying to locate the Damsel in the twisting forest. The Crossbowmen marched towards the forest in hope of getting back into the battle

Bretonnian Turn 5- The pegasus knights charged the crossbowmen & the Damsel ran around the forest again moving towards the side facing the hill with the rocks. She cast Mistress of the marsh on the Noble. The combat was a massacre with the Crossbowmen being completely wiped out.

Dark Elf Turn 5- The Black Guard turned around to face the Pegasus knights & the Noble kept chasing the Damsel. Nothing else happened.

Bretonnian Turn 6-The Pegasus Knights moved towards the Black Guard & the Damsel hid on the forest edge.

Dark Elf Turn 6-The Black Guard turned around to face the Pegasus knights & the Noble finally realised that chasing the Damsel would lead to nothing.

Bretonnian Turn 7-(this was susposed to be last turn but we decided to keep going cause the battle was almost finished anyway)The Pegasus Knights charged The Black guard, the resulting combat saw a few black guard felled & no pegasus wounds but the stoic black guard held.

Dark Elf Turn 7- The Noble turned Around & got ready to charge into the Pegasus knights Flank & more black guard fell to the Pegasus.

Bretonnian Turn 8-The Pegasus knights kept hacking & the Black guard were down to a few men but they held firm.

Dark Elf Turn 8- The Noble charged the flank of the & took a wound off the pegasus knights. The Black guard were taken down to just one man but they held.

Bretonnian Turn 9- The Pegasus Knights killed the rest of the black guard but the Noble killed 2 pegasus knights & took a wound off the Champion, The Champion fled but survived.

Dark Elf turn 9-The Dark Elf Noble charged the Pegasus Knight & made him flee again but he didnt go off the board by inches.

Bretonnian turn 10-The Pegasus Rallied & turned to face the Noble & the Damsel ran towards the Terrain.

Dark Elf Turn 10- The Noble Readied for the Charge of the Pegasus Knight

Bretonnian Turn 11-The Champion Charged the Noble & the Damsel hid in the terrain. The Pegasus knight wounded the Noble but was cut down as he had already taken a wound.

Dark Elf Turn 11-The Noble moved towards the damsel & that was it

Bretonnian Turn 12-The Damsel cast master of the Stone & killed the Noble, VICTORY AT LAST!!!

Charlotte watched as the Dark Elf general fell screaming from his cold one with blood trickling from his head. She fell to her knees as she finally realised that the battle was over, they had not only held off the dark elves, they had defeated their landing all together & stopped them from gaining a beachead. Charlotte wearily stood up & stumbled over to the Fallen Pegasus Knight Champion. He had a large gash in his chest from where the Vile blade carried by the Druchii had struck him. She Took off his helmet & brushed back his black hair. The man coughed & looked up at her "did we win" he muttered weakly, Charlotte closed her eyes "we won a great victory here today for Bretonnian & you will be well Remembered" All she could do was watch the Gallant Knight die as the Bretonnian Host from Bastonne came rumbling towards the silent battlefield...

Sorry if this battle report went for to long but me and the other player (Dark Of Time) were slightly :w00t: over enthusiastic about the battle & it was to fun to leave at turn 7 i hope you enjoyed reading it as much as we enjoyed playing it, just nod & say yes:yes:

Last edited by Draconian; October 8th, 2005 at 18:01.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

I really did enjoy it. :yes:

Especially the irony of you saying at turn 7 that the battle was almost over and the it taking 5 more turns to finish!

I like playing games past the 'alloted # of turns' as long as both players are still having fun, why stop?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah thanks for posting, we kept going but the turns got really short. Im disapointed about my KOTR cause i rolled 6 for their overun (yes on 3 dice) but they still made back their point :tongue: stupid executioners. You should've seen the guys face when won, priceless. I only had a damsel left but still!.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least you haven't rolled the triple 1 on a flee or persuit roll. I hate it when that happens. It's like a 1/216 chance that it'll ever happen. I think it's happened to me 2 or 3 times in my WHFB career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ace battle report! I like that the bretonnians won despite the odds (there should have been no way they could have won, the opponent had a really big advantage, having double the points and all...).
    Ever rolled double 1's when you need to pass a leadership of 2 after a combat? It seems to happen all too often, just not for me...I am less lucky (lvl 1 skink priest on turn 1 attempts to cast socond sign and gets a miscast...the first turn...why... :cry: *sniffle*)
    ....He is coming for YOU....
    "Master Bungle is right" - Stonehambey
    "Get out of my house Master Bungle!" - Victim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really neede to see the guys face to realise how bad it was & the fact that i was sooo close but winning by so much more..:yes: After this horrible beat down of Dark Elves i decided that it was time to start concentrarting on my ones for a while & i played a 2000pts game against Wood Elves with my COS at the local store & i won:w00t: I would post a battle report if i could remember it but it was to long & a great game & i cant remember F**k my friends!. Always great fun when you start to beat Veteran players, anyway thanks for replying but i think im going to go & hang the guy for losing so bad with dark elves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Great Game, but were you playing halting the tide for SOC

Cause if that was the case and you were the defender you Crushed him to a pulp. He had to destroy you by turn 5 to gain a victory.

Good Job,

eagletsi

+ Reply to Thread