Battle Report: High Elves vs Beasts of Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Battle Report: High Elves vs Beasts of Chaos

Well....preparing my high elves for a tournamnet at the end of the month. This same list has a perfect 7-0 record, 3 of those coming in a tourney in late october which saw me finish tied for 3rd out of 42 people. Played against a BoC list that will also be attending that same tourney
    High Elves:
    Lvl 4, Silver Wand, Scroll x2, Ring of Fury
    Lvl 2, Ring of Corin, Jewel of Dusk
    Commander, BSB, Battle Banner, Steed ,Barding, HEavy Armor
    Commander, Lion Guard, Heavy Armor, Great Weapon, shield
    18 Spears wSB, Lion Standard + commander
    5 silverhelms wC + BSB
    10 Archers
    5 Dragon Princes wBanner of Sorcery
    2 chariots
    2 RBT
    2 Eagles

BoC:
    Lvl 4
    Lvl 2
    BSB, with banner that makes the unit never loose frenzy
    hero
    18 Khornegors, with banner that gives +1 A on charge (theyve got frenzy too)
    2 x 5 Dogs
    2 Chariots
    3 Minotaurs
    Shaggoth
    2x Ambushing Herds: 7 Ungor 8 Gor + command
    I had a hill in the centre of my deployment zone and there was a forest on my left flank. There were two other hills and a forest that were never used in the game.

Deployment:

Turn 1:
    I got first turn, on my first spell of the turn, i got a miscast - not the last one. but it wasnt too bad and magic and shooting caused a chariot to be destroyed, caused a unit of dogs to panic and a mage as well. He advanced. I noticed a weighted flank, but could be sure because of the ambushing herds. I also caused two wounds on the shaggoth and got flames off on the khorne gors. His dogs rallied in his turn.

Turn 2:
    The flames on the khornegors kill a total of 11. On my first spell of my magic phase, i miscast. same result as last time, a 7 (it was with my lvl 2). But i wasnt as successful in this magic and shooting turn, i only killed a dog, caused a wound on the minotaurs and killed 2 more khornegors. (so he only had his bsb, hero, sb and unit champ). He advanced, his lvl 2 failed to rally. Both his herds came on my left flank.not good.

HE Turn 3: The dp charge the chariot, which flees and fails to rally. the two chariots charge the unit of 2 dogs who also flee, also never to rally. My battle banner fails its fear check on its charge into the minotaurs. My magic causes a panic test on one herd, which they pass. I get another wound on the shaggoth, and then i prepare to flames of the pheonix and ring of fury the beast herds (hes got no dice left) and beforei do that i try a fireball into the shaggoth. Erm...2 dice. miscast. end of magic phase. not good. ive got my dp 2 inches infront of the shaggoth and 30 beast herds behind them. the archers almost make up for it and cause 5 wounds!!! on the minotaurs. My eagles who were hiding behind the hill go up for some suicide missions.

BoC Turn 3: one of his beast herds + shaggoth charge my dp, who flee. The minotaur charges my eagle which flees and he redirects into my sh (what i want). His lvl 4 kills an RBT, and i kill the minotaur. the dogs also charge the chariot, which fails its charge as it wasnt in range.

HE Turn 4: My spears charge his herd, one chariot charges and destroys the dogs. His herd flees, within one inch of the table edge. My eagle doesnt rally.I move the second eagle to bait the frenzied khornegors. My dragon princes rally but before it does a chariot flees, but not off the board. time to magic em up. right? wrong. miscast. AGAIN! i miscasted 5 times in the game. But the bolt thrower panicked the second herd off the board. (yes!) The shaggoth is gonna be a pain, its still got three wounds left.

BoC turn 4: the herd rallies, the khornegors have to charge the eagle, which flees, but too far and is off the board. The shaggoth charges my arhcers, who flee off the board. i really didnt want it to overrun into my mages. Magic kills the second rbt.

He Turn 5: Well...i get my first brain cramp and decide to charge my battle banner into the shaggoth.. My spears also hit the flank of the khornegors. My chariot rallies. My mages move out of the way. My spears win combat and his khornegors pass a ld 5 break test. but my battle banner unit gets smoked, they whiff they attacks and the shaggoth attacks back, 5 attacks, 5 hits, 5 wounds, 5 failed armor saves. my battle banner runs (the first time he has ever run, bounced, panicked) but stays alive. I can rally him next turn, so no big loss. My magic was out of range of the beast herd. I should have obviously magiked the shaggoth to kingdom come and back, i will be careful of what i do with my battle banner from here on)

BoC Turn5: His herd charges my spears with his bray shamman. his shaggoth tries to catch the battle banner and fails. My spears loose combat by alot, but stick around because of their lion guard stubborness.

He turn 6: I smoke the shaggoth with magic. The chariot hits the rear of the khorngors and finishes the unit off, just he bsb and hero left there. My spears take heavy casualties but stick around. Oh, and my bsb fails to rally on ld 9.
    BoC turn 6: He reduces my spear to 4 models after i kill his hero. He finishes the game with a herd, bray shamman, and bsb. Ive got half my spears, my dp, 2 chariots, my mages and commander on foot. with table quarters, standards, etc, I pull out with a Solid victory.

excellent! the list goes to 7-0. this was my first game against boC and it showed that my elves could keep it together against fast armies as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Man, what a great battle report! How long did it take you to do the graphics? I love the "hand-drawn" squiggles with the digital display.

You explain the action really well, and the pics are easy to follow and really help see the strategy.

You miscast five times! It's amazing you won the game so decidely despite the woeful magic.

Great report and good job with the victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very nice battle report. If all BRs were like this they would be a lot nicer to read.

Do you always miscast this much? If so, I have some advice: Avoid OK armies with a Hellheart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice report, the pics really added to it & made the Report easy to understand. Good Job:yes:
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

im gonna start putting in pics with my battle reports. It makes it much better to read.
    the pics dont take too long, i dont take much time to draw a nice colorful diagram, as everyone can see from my squiggily line trees. I just got flash installed on my comp so im loving the ability to draw quick and easy pics on it.
    Ive never miscast so many times, and most of those were unfortunately just when i was gonna tear a hole in his army or the first spell of the phase. 'm still kickin' myself 'cuz of that battle banner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Excellent Report.

Great Job. Keep up the good work.

Question: Who has the Pure of Heart, just wondering?

eagletsi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

the commander on foot has pure of heart so that i have a unit completely immune to fear, terror, panic and being stubborn. It is alot of eggs in one basket, if i loost that unit i loose 500 points or something, but i take care not to let it die. (although every game it does, or goes very close to being destroyed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Yea that certainly is alot of points,

But hey, to each his own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice report. Just out of interest, who was your general?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

mmm....i rolled a 6 or something for I@C, so when that happens i choose my archmage, i feel that there are already way too many points invested in that commander on foot and that unit alltogether. If i select him for general, if he dies i loose his basic point cost +200 because of pure of heart.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast